ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Re: Bradley Beal 

Post#1081 » by tontoz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Is it really necessary to pollute the Beal thread with Vesely talk? Vesely is a bust.......

"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#1082 » by Nivek » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Update on Beal over at the blog.

Through the first 51 games of his career, he's about average for a teen rookie guard. Overall, he has basically the same score as Harden did at the same point in their careers. At the same point, Beal rates better than several young PGs who became good (Bibby, Rondo, Holiday, Baron Davis), as well as a couple SG types -- Kobe and JR Smith.

Beal has steadily improved his long-range shooting. He's doing just fine in his rookie season, still with LOADS of room to improve.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1083 » by dangermouse » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:53 am

So he's in the rookie challenge game today right?

Is it back to rookie's vs sophomores? or is it still that stupid draft the players thing by barkley and co.?
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#1084 » by montestewart » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:59 am

dangermouse wrote:So he's in the rookie challenge game today right?

Is it back to rookie's vs sophomores? or is it still that stupid draft the players thing by barkley and co.?

The latter. Here are the teams:

Team Shaq
Damian Lillard (Portland)
Kyrie Irving (Cleveland)
Andre Drummond (Detroit)
Klay Thompson (Golden State)
Harrison Barnes (Golden State)
Chandler Parsons (Houston)
Dion Waiters (Cleveland)
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Charlotte)
Tyler Zeller (Cleveland)
Kemba Walker (Charlotte)

Team Chuck:
Anthony Davis (New Orlenas)
Kenneth Faried (Denver)
Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio)
Bradley Beal (Washington)
Ricky Rubio (Minnesota)
Tristan Thompson (Cleveland)
Nikola Vucevic (Orlando)
Brandon Knight (Detroit)
Isaiah Thomas (Sacramento)
Alexey Shved (Minnesota)

It's nice to see Beal playing with all the shoulda-coulda-woulda been Wizards
dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#1085 » by dangermouse » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:00 am

This will be my first look at MKG.

My money is on Team Chuck. Sure Shaq has Kyrie and Lillard, but there's only 1 ball.

Davis, Faried, Leonard, Beal, Rubio.... thats some starting lineup. Barkley might seem dumb but i think he might secretly be a genius.

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#1086 » by DCZards » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:45 am

^^^^^ I dunno. Guard play and long range shooting usually rules in these type of "all-star" games and I have to give Team Shaq the edge with Irving, Lillard, Walker, Thompson, Parsons and Waiters.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#1087 » by Halcyon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:52 am

Beal getting some love for actually playing hard in the game.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#1088 » by dangermouse » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:02 am

Team Chuck stroking it from deep. Looks over already, and the second half usually sees more defense.

dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#1089 » by dangermouse » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:49 am

Is this the unofficial Rising Stars thread now?

Because Kyrie is working Brandon. AWESOME.

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#1090 » by montestewart » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:17 am

DCZards wrote:^^^^^ I dunno. Guard play and long range shooting usually rules in these type of "all-star" games and I have to give Team Shaq the edge with Irving, Lillard, Walker, Thompson, Parsons and Waiters.

I thought the same before the game, but sharing the ball, rebounding, and hitting threes won out over fancy one-on-one spectaculars (which were pretty fun to watch anyway). Irving looked spectacular, but I'm still waiting to see whether he can do more than look fantastic on a losing team.

To think, we could have had Faried and either Leonard or Vucevic, rather than Vesely and Singleton. Yikes! Vucevic hit an apparently stress-free 3. A 7-foot bruiser with range!

Beal didn't steal the show, but he played hard and looked comfortable, like he belonged, and he didn't do anything to embarrass himself. Couple of nice passes, took it to the rim, hit from outside. He looked good.

PS: I liked the way Davis didn't seem to get that you're supposed to show off.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#1091 » by dangermouse » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:06 am

I think Vucevic had a couple of threes. His stroke looks good. I wouldnt be surprised if he took one every few games now.

GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#1092 » by GhostsOfGil » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:17 am

dangermouse wrote:Is this the unofficial Rising Stars thread now?

Because Kyrie is working Brandon. AWESOME.

That entire 4 minute stretch was just embarrassing for Brandon Knight. Kyrie flat out owned him.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#1093 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:20 am

Whitman needs to tailor the offense around Beal next season. This kid should be shooting 15 times a game. He's one of the few players on this team that can score.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#1094 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:20 am

Whitman needs to tailor the offense around Beal next season. This kid should be shooting 15 times a game. He's one of the few players on this team that can score.
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#1095 » by willbcocks » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 am

Thank god we have Beal. He is a legit, core player. And, thankfully, he is the youngest player on the team with a long rookie deal ahead of him.

One of the reasons I did not like the Nene/Okafor/Ariza deals is we were putting all of our eggs in the John Wall basket. With only Wall and Beal as potential core pieces, we needed Wall to become a superstar, not just a star. And right now, projecting him as just a star is optimistic, and I don't think anyone sees him as a superstar.

What we probably should be doing is tanking and trading away everyone except for Beal. Then we rebuild with him and our first rounders for the next two years. Painful as heck, but what other options do we have? Beal + Unknown + Unknown + 2-3 more years of misery sounds more appealing to me than our current team.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#1096 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 am

willbcocks wrote:Thank god we have Beal. He is a legit, core player. And, thankfully, he is the youngest player on the team with a long rookie deal ahead of him.

One of the reasons I did not like the Nene/Okafor/Ariza deals is we were putting all of our eggs in the John Wall basket. With only Wall and Beal as potential core pieces, we needed Wall to become a superstar, not just a star. And right now, projecting him as just a star is optimistic, and I don't think anyone sees him as a superstar.

What we probably should be doing is tanking and trading away everyone except for Beal. Then we rebuild with him and our first rounders for the next two years. Painful as heck, but what other options do we have? Beal + Unknown + Unknown + 2-3 more years of misery sounds more appealing to me than our current team.

I don't want to jump to conclusions so soon after such a horrible game by Wall, but at this moment in time, my gut tells me you are right. I'm really losing faith that Wall will be anything more than what he is now: a tease. Yes, he can dominate some games against teams who aren't ready for him, but Toronto and others have shown that if you know how to game plan against him, you can completely shut him down. Wall looks like little more than a poor man's Rondo. He might be worth $8-10M a year. Unfortunately, he's going to want the max and some team is probably going to offer it to him. We'll be forced to match or see our #1 #1 pick walk away.

If we could trade him for a high lotto pick right now, I'd do it. Just reset with Beal and two lotto picks this year. Also trade Nene and Ariza so we don't win much next year and tank for the 2014 draft. Keep Okafor and Webster for some leadership.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#1097 » by AFM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 am

I'd trade him for an established good PG like Holiday.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#1098 » by Higga » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:28 pm

I still want to see more of a Wall/Beal backcourt, particularly over the course of an entire season.

But it's looking more and more like Wall will end up being a disappointment as a #1 overall pick. A shame because all the other local top DC picks have been superstars basically from day 1(Strasburg, Harper, RG3, Ovechkin).
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1099 » by hands11 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:07 am

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos ... ec17ed0000

Look like Bradly messed up some teeth.

Randy Wittman addressed the media following Thursday's practice and discussed Beal's chipped teeth

Sounds like Cartier Marten and him smacked faces.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#1100 » by Halcyon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:46 am

After seeing the WT make mention of the fact that Lillard is being considered for USA Basketball, it made me think that Beal may get a shot eventually, if he continues to improve. He will hopefully continue to be a deadly shooter, and his all around game + overall game sense may lend itself for the international game. What do you guys think?

Return to Washington Wizards