ImageImageImageImage

Arron Afflalo

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

darthmerrick
Starter
And1: 329

Re: Arron Afflalo 

Post#21 » by darthmerrick » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:36 pm

D12VCMagic wrote:People are calling him a bust? WTF did you expect, him turning into Kobe?

I just love how Magic fans love to trash Afflalo like he is a bum but they worship JJ as if he is an All Star or something. He isn't a great player, but he is doing exactly what I expected. Averaging about 17 ppg or so, though his three point shooting is down more than I expected.

I didn't call Affalo a bust that was not an accurate statement. I have been more then satisfied with his play. I said the idea of him being the star of the magic was a bust. The Magic toted him out day one as such. They made it sound like he was in their plans and if given the chance could be a number one option. Which he really isn't a star or even a number two option. I did say he was a good asset. He's a great third option on a team with a reasonable contract. Contending teams are going to want him. With that said, if we draft Mclemore, Shabbaz, Harrison, Wiggins in any of the next drafts then Affalo is gone. I don't see him here two years from now.
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#22 » by jgosche » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:22 pm

He's probably the best scorer on the team, and we should try to hold onto him if we can.

I don't know why he gets so much flack from people here. The other day he went 8/15 for 20-something points, and half the forum was bitching about how we need to get rid of him. He's still pretty young and had been asked to do a lot for this team. When he was recently injured our offense was a floundering mess. When he came back, suddenly it looked competent again. Lets give AA a break.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#23 » by Skin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:38 pm

AA bout ta go BEASTMODE on all ya'll who doubted him!

...and to all you Ben McLemore fans... ugh, you funny.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,840

Post#24 » by JF5 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Affalo wasn't supposed to be a "Star" player for this team. He was supposed to be holding down the SG position before the Magic upgrade the position, and he's doing that.

He isn't playing much defense but is aggressive on the offensive end. Sometimes I felt that he would do too much with the ball and refuse to pass the ball and try to score it himself. But that has died down a little
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#25 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 pm

AA is good enough to start for us next year, but not good enough to keep a high drafted rookie SG off the court.
Also been around long enough that he can help a rookie PG learn the game.

Return to Orlando Magic