ImageImage

Official Tobias Harris watch thread (The End)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Re: Official Tobias Harris watch thread (PG Thread-Tobes Rul 

Post#3841 » by blkout » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:18 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Someone talk me off the ledge here.

Stop watching. Seriously. It's really difficult for a while, but you eventually put it out of mind. You can still be a fan and not want to deal with the bull that being so puts you through IMO. I think europa and I are on the same page here; I hadn't watched a game, until tonight, in about a month. I just can't bring myself to care anymore. Yet tonight's game infuriated me in a strange way. I was pissed, yet I also was able to acknowledge that we're one of the worst (or the worst) franchises in sports so it was almost just comical. I've really just given up. But it's less stressful.

Sad, really. Hey, I'd invite you to become a Brewers fan, but this year might not be the best time to join :)

+1, makes life easier that way. This embarrassment of a franchise doesn't deserve the anguish it gives us lol
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 20,037

Post#3842 » by AussieBuck » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:21 am

blazza18 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Someone talk me off the ledge here. I'm getting the total opposite of what I'm meant to get as a sports fan from the Bucks. Maybe I'm dealing with this worse than most because I really fell in love with Tobes or maybe it's because the Bucks are still not my worst run sports team but I'm really low right now. :cry:

I was thinking Demons but its Essendon yea ?

It does really suck supporting this rabble of a franchise. I'm just glad I support a footy team that is succsessful, even if nobody likes us.

Demons. I might make a post about it if I get drunk enough just to prove that it can get worse than this team.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 27,194

Post#3843 » by blazza18 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:31 am

Yea that's one big **** mess. I feel sorry for you.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#3844 » by europa » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Stop watching. Seriously. It's really difficult for a while, but you eventually put it out of mind. You can still be a fan and not want to deal with the bull that being so puts you through IMO. I think europa and I are on the same page here; I hadn't watched a game, until tonight, in about a month. I just can't bring myself to care anymore. Yet tonight's game infuriated me in a strange way. I was pissed, yet I also was able to acknowledge that we're one of the worst (or the worst) franchises in sports so it was almost just comical. I've really just given up. But it's less stressful.

Yup. I hardly post here anymore and I barely watched the Bucks at all this season and hardly ever after the trade deadline. I still have a passing interest (obviously or I wouldn't be here at all) but I simply don't care about this team the way I have for most of my life. Far too much damage has been done and I've waved the white flag. I still hope for the best with the team and new management (starting with a new owner) could enable me to become re-invested again but for now I can't bring myself to care as much about a team that is run so incompetently from top to bottom and makes so many clearly unintelligent personnel decisions that are doomed to fail from the second they are made. I wouldn't have posted in this thread at all but I saw on Twitter that Tobes was going off last night and so I checked the box score and was laughing so hard I had to post here.

I know the front office and PR folks with the Bucks watch this forum because they know that, warts and all, this is by far the most passionate and loyal segment of the fan base the team has anywhere online. They have very much cared about our feelings about the team in the past (I know that as they spent a considerable amount of time trying to track me down :D) so they are definitely aware of the apathetic nature many here now have about this team. Of course, the golden 8th seed will enable them to overlook all that. They'll point to the playoffs and say all is good and wipe everything else under the rug, no matter how filthy the stench.

But from a fan's perspective I agree that not watching as much and not caring as much is the best way to deal with everything. It may not be easy at first but trust me it does get easier and it will allow you to laugh at this team's continued horrendous modus operandi as opposed to being constantly pissed off about it.
Nothing will not break me.
jman2585
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#3845 » by jman2585 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Why did they try to track you down?
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#3846 » by paul » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 pm

jman2585 wrote:Why did they try to track you down?

Sorry if I sounded like a dick earlier about your Hammond post, I'm sure it was good this is just a very well informed place when it comes to Hammond was all I meant.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,124

Post#3847 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Definitely a depressing stretch here. When does anything change though... And I don't see myself ever not caring in the team... Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... :-?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#3848 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 pm

And honestly for me its just the whole principle of it, not b/c we dealt Tobias. I'm still not convinced Tobias is going to be an ALl-Star, don't know if he has the foot speed to play the 3, and just maybe his #s are inflated by a bad team. BUT he clearly has talent and is very young. For a team that needs to build from the draft why deal that talent for a win now guy (and I honestly really like Redick although he's struggling) that isn't going to really make you a championship contender? The guys we're getting are good NBA players but not talent that is going to put you over the top, Ellis is the same guy. Talented player, but not a guy that makes you a legit threat. At least in that move we didn't give up youth. But this year its clear we weren't going to be a threat and now our 1st rd pick from a year ago that showed flashes is gone, and tearing it up elsewhere. Its maddening the organization keeps doing these moves and are ignorant enough not to address they're failures.

And although he didn't show much here and don't think he has in Orlando much, but Doron Lamb went off for 16 too. Hammond better hope Ayon and Ish Smith blow up. Actually in limited minutes I haven't hated either one, although Ayon's D and FT need some help.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 427

Post#3849 » by smauss » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 pm

europa wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Stop watching. Seriously. It's really difficult for a while, but you eventually put it out of mind. You can still be a fan and not want to deal with the bull that being so puts you through IMO. I think europa and I are on the same page here; I hadn't watched a game, until tonight, in about a month. I just can't bring myself to care anymore. Yet tonight's game infuriated me in a strange way. I was pissed, yet I also was able to acknowledge that we're one of the worst (or the worst) franchises in sports so it was almost just comical. I've really just given up. But it's less stressful.

Yup. I hardly post here anymore and I barely watched the Bucks at all this season and hardly ever after the trade deadline. I still have a passing interest (obviously or I wouldn't be here at all) but I simply don't care about this team the way I have for most of my life. Far too much damage has been done and I've waved the white flag. I still hope for the best with the team and new management (starting with a new owner) could enable me to become re-invested again but for now I can't bring myself to care as much about a team that is run so incompetently from top to bottom and makes so many clearly unintelligent personnel decisions that are doomed to fail from the second they are made. I wouldn't have posted in this thread at all but I saw on Twitter that Tobes was going off last night and so I checked the box score and was laughing so hard I had to post here.

I know the front office and PR folks with the Bucks watch this forum because they know that, warts and all, this is by far the most passionate and loyal segment of the fan base the team has anywhere online. They have very much cared about our feelings about the team in the past (I know that as they spent a considerable amount of time trying to track me down :D) so they are definitely aware of the apathetic nature many here now have about this team. Of course, the golden 8th seed will enable them to overlook all that. They'll point to the playoffs and say all is good and wipe everything else under the rug, no matter how filthy the stench.

But from a fan's perspective I agree that not watching as much and not caring as much is the best way to deal with everything. It may not be easy at first but trust me it does get easier and it will allow you to laugh at this team's continued horrendous modus operandi as opposed to being constantly pissed off about it.

Quite honestly europa, this is what I have done as well for well over a year now.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#3850 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm at the end of my rope with this team.

It's going to take a monster offseason to get me back into this team.

I'm not buying playoff tix as I'm assuming the games will be a complete and total embarrassment and watching on TV will allow me to turn it off at any point.

Just imagine having a future frontline of Tobias/Henson/Sanders......
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#3851 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 pm

paul wrote:

Sorry if I sounded like a dick earlier about your Hammond post, I'm sure it was good this is just a very well informed place when it comes to Hammond was all I meant.

Far too lazy to search this behemoth of a thread but is that even the same guy? lol
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#3852 » by CourtsideTV » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEkSK8rakrA[/youtube]

highlightes
Work Hard
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#3853 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:04 pm

And does the coaching staff have to take some blame for this? I mean lets be honest, in the end Skiles/Boylan were the guys that didn't play Tobias an extended minutes.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,438

Post#3854 » by midranger » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:13 pm

N8Frog wrote:And does the coaching staff have to take some blame for this? I mean lets be honest, in the end Skiles/Boylan were the guys that didn't play Tobias an extended minutes.

Sure. But, for what ever it's worth, Skiles was very honest about his desire not to be here, he cleaned out his office, and sold his house. These are not so subtle hints that bringing this guy back is a horrible idea.

Of course, that's what Kohl did.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
paul
RealGM

Post#3855 » by paul » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:15 pm

REDDzone wrote:
paul wrote:

Far too lazy to search this behemoth of a thread but is that even the same guy? lol

Lol hope so - avi looked familiar.

How's tricks Bobbo? Knuckley?
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,217

Post#3856 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:22 pm

First time I watched an entire Bucks game in about 2-3 weeks. Looks like I picked a good one. You're telling me Tobias Harris is only 20 years old and built like a mack truck, can score from anywhere on the floor, handle the ball, rebound, and pass? Neat.

The only way I can completely quit this team is if they move to another city. I wish someone would make that happen for me.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,035

Post#3857 » by emunney » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:28 pm

We still should have won this game on Henson's 8th block. Of course, Dunleavy probably would have just gotten another 5 second call.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paul
RealGM

Post#3858 » by paul » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:28 pm

midranger wrote:
N8Frog wrote:And does the coaching staff have to take some blame for this? I mean lets be honest, in the end Skiles/Boylan were the guys that didn't play Tobias an extended minutes.

Sure. But, for what ever it's worth, Skiles was very honest about his desire not to be here, he cleaned out his office, and sold his house. These are not so subtle hints that bringing this guy back is a horrible idea.

Of course, that's what Kohl did.

He made it incredibly obvious with his trolling while coaching early the season before. Dude was desperately trying to be fired well over a year before he actually left, yet we were stupid enough to not only keep him around but actually made personnel decisions based on his recommendations.

And yeah, Skiles deserves a ton of blame for the Tobias situation.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#3859 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:34 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Someone talk me off the ledge here. I'm getting the total opposite of what I'm meant to get as a sports fan from the Bucks. Maybe I'm dealing with this worse than most because I really fell in love with Tobes or maybe it's because the Bucks are still not my worst run sports team but I'm really low right now. :cry:

I didn't see the game, but when I read the box-score I could not wait to log on and read what people had to say. I'm more excited about wasting my whole morning on realgm than I have been about any sporting event since the Brewers were in the playoffs. Seeing that Jenning only played 7 minutes, seeing Tobes' numbers and Henson's numbers after the Bucks buried them on the bench, seeing how even Udrih and Lamb carved them up - this is the seminal melt-down moment this regime has deserved for so long, and I for one am thrilled about it. Even Kohl can't possibly be oblivious to an epic fail of this magnitude, and has to finally realize how wrong-headed he has been for all these years, right? Right??
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,035

Post#3860 » by emunney » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Seems like the guys Skiles didn't play developed a hell of a lot more than the guys Skiles played.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks