Justice Winslow

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

flashwade33
Junior
And1: 16

Justice Winslow 

Post#1 » by flashwade33 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:24 pm

Does anyone watch the games of U19 World Basketball Championship in Prague? Dario Saric seems to be killing it, he averages 23PPG, 9.5APG, 13.5RPG.

When I looked at the US team there was only one 17 year old, which was Winslow, and his numbers looked great for such a young player, with 14PPG, 7RPG, 3.5APG. (He is a leftie)

Marcus Smart is also on the team also and he is averaging 8PPG, and he was projected as a lottery pick this year (Rasheed Sulaimon and some other NCAA players are also on the team) I mean, I know raw stats aren't that important but Winslow seems to be doing a great job while playing with guys that are older than himself.

ESPN is currently ranking him #15 on the class of 2014, which seems kinda low (#1 Jahlil Okafor is also on the team, but he is 1 year older than Winslow).

Anybody heard about the kid or watched him play? What is his ceiling?

http://prague2013.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe ... ofile.html
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... order/true
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Justice Winslow 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Jones, Winslow and Okafor will all three play for Duke next fall, almost certain with this.

USAB team is really good, strong, fast, some shooters.

Williams-Goss is a sleeper, tremendous PG, will be drafted pretty high in 2015 or 2016.

Saric is the focal point of Croatia, he's playing great, but he's really more mature than the players at this Tnmt, specially with his strong frame.

It'll be interesting to see him vs. Okafor, Harrell and Stokes.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#3 » by doc.end » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Ha, finally a u19 thread. Maybe we could rename it and discuss others than Winslow as well?

Watched them at place yesterday against China, had a great time. Chinese have some characters on their team, it was a while till they score a two-point basket (till then they only made treys and FTs - after a fouled three point attempt). Montrezl Harrel seemed to me like an off court leader. I haven't payed much attention to their guards, they ususally went with three of them, nobody really looked out of place, Frazier hit some jumpers. As for bigs/forwards good showing I don't remeber specific plays but Harrell, Gordon proved their DX ranks, Okafor has long steps, great moves. I didn't know Winslow but noticed him repeatedly doing something good.

What kind of spoils the fun is there are often blow outs with a lot of garbage time and/or dissapearing from games. So later stages could be more interesting scouting wise.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:58 pm

winslow is a baller. i love his game and would have him in the top 10 for his class. he's strong, already has an nba body. plays hard, plays smart and under control. has a really nice floor game, can make plays off the bounce. can handle the ball a little bit with some breakdown ability. tremendous body control in the paint. very competitive defender with the tools to be a really good one.

he's not a good shooter though. he shoots somewhat of a set shot from outside. not crazy about his form either. great arc and rotation, but has a low release and its off to the side, kinda cranks the ball. that needs to be cleaned up. other than that, he's one of my favorite players in that class because of his all-around game. one problem in the future though is that he has sg size, but more of a utility sf's game. maybe he could be a more under control iguodala in the future.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#5 » by ManualRam » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:28 pm

dunno where else to put this since there is no u19 thread but... holy hell. u19 is traditionally the USA's weakest age group, so it's gotta be disheartening for the rest of the world that they're crushing teams like Russia by nearly 70.

Team USA with a 115-47 laugher.

no real stand out lines since team usa uses its entire roster and it was a blow out, but justise with another solid 10-8-3 with a stl and 2 blocks in a team high 26 minutes of action.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to NBA Draft