Monroe to Toronto Idea 

Post#1 » by Piston Pete » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:12 am

TO TORONTO:
PF/C Greg Monroe
PF Charlie Villanueva (expiring)
PG/SG Rodney Stuckey (expiring)
SF/PF Jonas Jerebko
SF Kyle Singler

Why? Toronto cuts future cap at the same time as taking on Monroe - the best player in the deal.

TO DETROIT:
SF Rudy Gay
PG Kyle Lowry (expiring)
SG/SF Terrence Ross

With getting JSmoove, Detroit needs to upgrade at SF - Gay.

Knight / Lowry / Siva
KCP / Ross / English
Gay / Middleton
Smith / Mitchell
Drummond / Kravtsov

-- we will need to go after at least 1 big man to come off our bench. Kaman/Dalembert/Brandon Wright
scrop32
Junior
And1: 26

Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea 

Post#2 » by scrop32 » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:15 am

Piston Pete wrote:TO TORONTO:
PF/C Greg Monroe
PF Charlie Villanueva (expiring)
PG/SG Rodney Stuckey (expiring)
SF/PF Jonas Jerebko
SF Kyle Singler

Why? Toronto cuts future cap at the same time as taking on Monroe - the best player in the deal.

TO DETROIT:
SF Rudy Gay
PG Kyle Lowry (expiring)
SG/SF Terrence Ross

With getting JSmoove, Detroit needs to upgrade at SF - Gay.

Knight / Lowry / Siva
KCP / Ross / English
Gay / Middleton
Smith / Mitchell
Drummond / Kravtsov

-- we will need to go after at least 1 big man to come off our bench. Kaman/Dalembert/Brandon Wright

yeah then trade drummond for mcgee, sign monta and iverson BOOM!
DYNASTY BABY

knight/iverson - monta - gay - smith - mcgee :lol:
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,725

Post#3 » by HotelVitale » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:17 am

This leaves us with no one who scores or uses possessions at above-average efficiency. Right now Monroe was the only advanced-stat bright spot on the team. We're not in a position to trade high efficiency for low.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#4 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:19 am

ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#5 » by ImHeisenberg » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:30 am

I'd post the Michael Scott "NOOOO" gif, but I think you get the idea.

If you trade Monroe, you bring back a franchise player or a guaranteed top 2 pick in the 2014 draft. Nothing less.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#6 » by Piston Pete » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:32 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:I'd post the Michael Scott "NOOOO" gif, but I think you get the idea.

If you trade Monroe, you bring back a franchise player or a guaranteed top 2 pick in the 2014 draft. Nothing less.

I think some of us are over-valuing Monroe a bit.

It seems doubtful we get a high lottery pick in next season's draft (GOAT draft?) with Monroe.
rock digger
Junior
And1: 54

Post#7 » by rock digger » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:33 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:I'd post the Michael Scott "NOOOO" gif, but I think you get the idea.

This is a bit of a stretch if I say so myself.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#8 » by ImHeisenberg » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:39 am

Piston Pete wrote:

It seems doubtful we get a high lottery pick in next season's draft (GOAT draft?) with Monroe.

What's being over valued here? He's a 22 year old 6'11 PF/C that averaged 15 and 9 last season, and still hasn't developed a jump shot. He's a high character guy, and will be a RFA next season, which gives the team owning his rights immense leverage to retain him.

I'm not saying he's worth LeBron, Durant or Rose (pre-injury). I may have been overstating there. But, it wouldn't be wise to move him for the wildly overpaid and inefficient Rudy Gay and Lowry's expiring contract. They can do better if they want to trade him.
bennett13
Junior
And1: 10

Post#9 » by bennett13 » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:44 am

Should try and work a 3 team deal with BOS and TOR

Pistons in
Rondo
Gay
Bass

Out
Monroe
BK
Stucky
CV

BOS in
Monroe

Lowery
CV

Out
Rondo
Green
Bass

TOR in
Green
BK
Stucky

Out

Gay
Lowery

Both BOS and TOR get out of huge contracts and get expiring deals plus young talent while tanking for the summer of 14. Of course DET makes out in this trade in terms of immediate talent but the other teams fill all gaps they would want Young talent and cash saving.

Did not check the trade checker just kinda came up with it on a lim.
rock digger
Junior
And1: 54

Post#10 » by rock digger » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:47 am

The thing that prevents Monroe from ever becoming someone worth a great deal is his general lack of defense. When was the last time any big man led team won the title when the big man couldn't anchor the defense? There are a ton of Al Jeffersons who are good players in their own right, but aren't untouchable like you are making Monroe out to be. I mean you look at a player like Blake Griffin who posts outrageous stats with insane athleticism and has been working on his jumpshot in the past few years. You would assume that all this combined with time would make him a better defender and jump shooter, but he really isn't, and I'm certain no one is confident in his ability to lead a team to a championship. Monroe is basically in the same boat, only he doesn't have that athleticism that would lead you to believe that he might become a good defender.

Of course, I agree with you that Monroe isn't being correctly represented in terms of value in this deal, but lets not try to act as though this is an insulting offer.
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#11 » by WigginsNation » Sun Jul 7, 2013 6:54 am

You guys are seriously overrating Monroe. His upside isnt as high as you all think. Plus Toronto would never make that proposed trade by the OP.

Gay and Lowry (not including Ross) for Monroe, CV and Stuckey would get it done tho!
Mr. Krabs
Sixth Man
And1: 249

Post#12 » by Mr. Krabs » Sun Jul 7, 2013 6:56 am

BCfortheWin wrote:You guys are seriously overrating Monroe. His upside isnt as high as you all think. Plus Toronto would never make that proposed trade by the OP.

Gay and Lowry (not including Ross) for Monroe, CV and Stuckey would get it done tho!

I'd rather have Singler than Ross so that's nice :)
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#13 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Jul 7, 2013 6:59 am

BCfortheWin wrote:You guys are seriously overrating Monroe. His upside isnt as high as you all think. Plus Toronto would never make that proposed trade by the OP.

Monroe is better than Val. Would you trade Val for an overpaid wing and point guard? Didn't think so.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#14 » by SAKURABA216 » Sun Jul 7, 2013 7:01 am

The least I will trade Monroe for is either:
Rondo and Green or;
DeRozan and Gay

other than that I would rather just see how well our team plays out. We still have cap room and can also amnesty CV and trade Stuckey for more. Hopefully our team shows flashes of greatness during the season that will attract other players around the league
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#15 » by SAKURABA216 » Sun Jul 7, 2013 7:03 am

rock digger wrote:The thing that prevents Monroe from ever becoming someone worth a great deal is his general lack of defense. When was the last time any big man led team won the title when the big man couldn't anchor the defense? There are a ton of Al Jeffersons who are good players in their own right, but aren't untouchable like you are making Monroe out to be. I mean you look at a player like Blake Griffin who posts outrageous stats with insane athleticism and has been working on his jumpshot in the past few years. You would assume that all this combined with time would make him a better defender and jump shooter, but he really isn't, and I'm certain no one is confident in his ability to lead a team to a championship. Monroe is basically in the same boat, only he doesn't have that athleticism that would lead you to believe that he might become a good defender.

Of course, I agree with you that Monroe isn't being correctly represented in terms of value in this deal, but lets not try to act as though this is an insulting offer.

With Smith and Drummond, all Monroe needs to do is score and get rebounds
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#16 » by The Penguin » Sun Jul 7, 2013 8:01 am

Toronto has nothing worth Monroe.
dan2314
Starter
And1: 245

Post#17 » by dan2314 » Sun Jul 7, 2013 8:47 am

monroe will not go to toronto. they have nothing that would equal the value of breaking up the monroe/drummond frontcourt
itjustdo
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#18 » by itjustdo » Sun Jul 7, 2013 10:44 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:

What's being over valued here? He's a 22 year old 6'11 PF/C that averaged 15 and 9 last season, and still hasn't developed a jump shot. He's a high character guy, and will be a RFA next season, which gives the team owning his rights immense leverage to retain him.

I'm not saying he's worth LeBron, Durant or Rose (pre-injury). I may have been overstating there. But, it wouldn't be wise to move him for the wildly overpaid and inefficient Rudy Gay and Lowry's expiring contract. They can do better if they want to trade him.

:clap:
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#19 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jul 7, 2013 10:54 am

This is terrible
Dirtgrain
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#20 » by Dirtgrain » Sun Jul 7, 2013 11:46 am

^ Yep.

People who are saying Monroe is being overvalued don't seem to grasp that the NBA overvalues big men. Just look at how much decent bigs get paid . . . Boozer, Brand, Jefferson--or remember that Juwan Howard contract?
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is an [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin
Hyperbole is not a virtue.

Return to Detroit Pistons