A New Golden Age of Big Men Is Coming 

Post#1 » by CaliBullsFan » Tue Nov 5, 2013 12:36 am

You already have Davis killing it
Jonas has shown promise
Giannis has other world potential
Randle and Gordon in this next class athletic freak PFs
Mirotic killing it over in Europe
Okafor and McCullough look like beast in the 2015 class
2016 you have Zimmerman and Rabb are probable the most promising bigs to come out in the same class in a long long time
RedbackVenom
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: A New Golden Age of Big Men Is Coming 

Post#2 » by RedbackVenom » Tue Nov 5, 2013 10:15 am

Aussie Ben Simmons is a 6'9" forward who can play like a guard, and then you have fellow countryman 7-footer Thon Maker who has handles and range too!
pickandroll.com.auEverything NBA | All Things Basketball
Twitter: @DamianArsenis
Damon_3388
Sixth Man
And1: 1,056

Post#3 » by Damon_3388 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Yeah, don't see this group as having any more potential for greatness than any other.

I remember all the hype about the class of 2001 too...
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#4 » by miltk » Fri Dec 6, 2013 5:11 am

CaliBullsFan wrote:You already have Davis killing it
Jonas has shown promise
2016 you have Zimmerman and Rabb are probable the most promising bigs to come out in the same class in a long long time

zimmerman's neck is a foot long. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... -zimmerman
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#5 » by Ruzious » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:40 am

I'm watching Okafor on ESPN, and I can't say I'm all that impressed. Granted he's a gigantic athlete with good offensive skills, but I get an Eddy Curry vibe from him. He's a slow reactor, and his body language isn't great. Even though he's had a couple of alley oops, he does not get off the ground very high or very quickly. He doesn't get rebounds or loose balls that are outside of his area. He's going to score simply because of his physical advantage, but he's slow to get into his offensive moves, and I didn't see any willingness to involve his teammates. I'd say his ceiling is Brook Lopez, and Eddy Curry is his floor.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Damon_3388
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Damon_3388 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 am

Ruzious wrote:I'm watching Okafor on ESPN, and I can't say I'm all that impressed. Granted he's a gigantic athlete with good offensive skills, but I get an Eddy Curry vibe from him. He's a slow reactor, and his body language isn't great. Even though he's had a couple of alley oops, he does not get off the ground very high or very quickly. He doesn't get rebounds or loose balls that are outside of his area. He's going to score simply because of his physical advantage, but he's slow to get into his offensive moves, and I didn't see any willingness to involve his teammates. I'd say his ceiling is Brook Lopez, and Eddy Curry is his floor.

I think he really needs to use the remainder of this year and his (assumedly) one year in college to get in shape and drop 20lbs (weighs in at 277lbs ATM). Would help immensely with his mobility, and teach him not to rely on his size alone.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#7 » by inquisitive » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:30 pm

whatever happened to the two 7ft twins from toronto? these kids were suppose to be going to big time colleges.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#8 » by EMG518 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Ruzious wrote:I'm watching Okafor on ESPN, and I can't say I'm all that impressed. Granted he's a gigantic athlete with good offensive skills, but I get an Eddy Curry vibe from him. He's a slow reactor, and his body language isn't great. Even though he's had a couple of alley oops, he does not get off the ground very high or very quickly. He doesn't get rebounds or loose balls that are outside of his area. He's going to score simply because of his physical advantage, but he's slow to get into his offensive moves, and I didn't see any willingness to involve his teammates. I'd say his ceiling is Brook Lopez, and Eddy Curry is his floor.

I think his ceiling is alot higher than Lopez, especially on offense. There isnt a player in the NBA with his combination of size and skills. If he can play decent defense and rebound at a decent rate he will be a stud.
Damon_3388
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Damon_3388 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:18 am

inquisitive wrote:whatever happened to the two 7ft twins from toronto? these kids were suppose to be going to big time colleges.

Sim Bhullar (7'5", 360lbs) and Tanveer Bhullar (7'3", 335lbs) are both at New Mexico State. Sophomore Sim appears to be tracking nicely, while freshman Tanveer is yet to play this season.

Another set of intriguing big men to keep an eye on are UC Irvine freshman Mamadou Ndiaye (7'6", 290lbs), Connecticut freshman Amida Brimah (7'0", 217lbs), Gonzaga sophomore Przemek Karnowski (7'1", 305lbs), Florida State sophomore Boris Bojanovsky (7'3", 240lbs), Texas sophomore Prince Ibeh (6'10", 250lbs), USC senior Omar Oraby (7'2", 270lbs), and Arizona State senior and current NCAA blocked shot leader Jordan Bachynski (7'2", 250lbs).
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#10 » by Johnlac1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:14 am

Jonas has shown promise

Can't say I'm real impressed with Zimmerman. Saw his team play against Findlay prep. Looks like a very good shooter and passer, but limited athletic ability. Can barely jump. Got his shot blocked by players almost half a foot shorter several times. But at that age, he's a junior, still has time to develop athletically.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#11 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 5, 2014 11:27 pm

Jonas has shown promise

Really really like Rabb in the post. shows great footwork at a level where most players try to out muscle or out jump opposition on the inside. Kid is slick on the block, quick, gets great spacing for his shot, and can do so with either hand which is remarkable for his age good shot blocker. Lots of potential there hope he can add some much needed size withouth losing that quickness and athleticism.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY

Return to High School Basketball