[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Week 13: Washington vs New York (Sun @ 8:30 pm)

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Week 13: Washington vs New York (Sun @ 8:30 pm) 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Image Image

WHO: Skins vs Giants
WHEN: December 1st, 8:30 pm
WHERE: FedEx Field

Big Questions:

How bad will the ratings be for NBC?
Who will throw more picks, Eli or RG3?
What new drama between the Washington coaches and QB will surface after the game?

Discuss!
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Re: Week 13: Washington vs New York (Sun @ 8:30 pm) 

Post#2 » by FreeBalling » Sun Dec 1, 2013 1:57 pm

For all of the RedSkins fan... The Bullets/Wizards as of today are in fifth place in the Eastern Conference.

Here's a question. Is Shanahan the next Ernie Grunfeld in DC? Mike was not a great coach without Elway in anyway.

I'd like to see RG3 college coach become his QB coach in the NFL. If he would take the job.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#3 » by FreeBalling » Sun Dec 1, 2013 2:04 pm

More picks?

I'll go with Manning, because he throws a more catchable ball. RG just misses the receiver / defender(s) completely.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#4 » by LyricalRico » Sun Dec 1, 2013 9:18 pm

FreeBalling wrote:I'll go with Manning, because he throws a more catchable ball. RG just misses the receiver / defender(s) completely.

Agreed. LOL
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#5 » by LyricalRico » Mon Dec 2, 2013 4:54 am

Refs should be suspended after that happened on that last drive. Obviously the Skins lost the game on their own, but it's inexcusable to go back and "correct" down and distance after a play has been run. The officiating as a whole has been terrible this year. Bring back the replacements?
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#6 » by W. Unseld » Mon Dec 2, 2013 4:37 pm

I think you keep Shanny for one more year. The first year the cupboard was absolutely bare. The next year Rex Grossman was qb and the past two years they've been hammered by that bogus cap penalty (thanks to the Giants owner) and a lack of picks due to RG3 which was looking great last year, isn't looking great now but I'll bet will look better next year.

If I'm Snyder I make him fire the special teams coach. I also probably don't resign Orakpo unless he will sign for something reasonable.

In terms of the offseason I don't know how to priortize the following:
1. O-line--need someone good other than Trent
2. Tall WR--this is becoming like UVA trying to get a center in basketball, it's like the Skins just can't find one
3. Defense--pretty much everywhere
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#7 » by LyricalRico » Mon Dec 2, 2013 6:40 pm

W. Unseld wrote:If I'm Snyder I make him fire the special teams coach. I also probably don't resign Orakpo unless he will sign for something reasonable.

I think you fire Haslett, too. They've made zero progress and that many guys open all the time has to have at least something to do with the scheme. If we're going to build a new defense from the ground up this offseason (which is what we will have to do), I don't want all that money to negated by lingering schematic issues.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#8 » by W. Unseld » Tue Dec 3, 2013 9:19 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
I think you fire Haslett, too. They've made zero progress and that many guys open all the time has to have at least something to do with the scheme. If we're going to build a new defense from the ground up this offseason (which is what we will have to do), I don't want all that money to negated by lingering schematic issues.

Here's why I give Haslett a pass:
1. I don't want even a remote possibility that we shift to a 4-3 and have to rebuild again
2. I don't think he's had the players:
D-line: Orakpo is over rated plain and simple. Cofield must do some things I don't see but he certainly isn't dominant and I've always understood that the 3-4 really doesn't work w/o a very, very good nose tackle.
Secondary: It's Bill Walton hoooooorrrrrrrible--Raheem Morris hasn't done much to help this but I don't blame him either b/c I don't think we have the players or the pass rush
3. No pics
4. No cap
#3 and #4 don't save the special teams coach b/c special teams are always supposed to make do w/less. You normally aren't using big vet signings or first round pics for special teams so I think the no pics and no cap hurt the defense more than special teams--save of course for losing Lorenzo Alexander.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#9 » by LyricalRico » Tue Dec 3, 2013 9:31 pm

W. Unseld wrote:1. I don't want even a remote possibility that we shift to a 4-3 and have to rebuild again

I'm not as worried since we have to rebuild the whole defense anyway. Here's what they need at a minimum IMO:

2 linebackers
2 cornerbacks
2 safeties
1 end

Most, if not all, of those are starting spots, so if you have to do that anyway then I don't see it as a big deal to go back to a 4-3 under that scenario. You'd also potentially get more out of Kerrigan as a DE since his impact at OLB is inconsistent.

Not saying making the switch wouldn't be a risk. I just think staying the course with Haslett is a bigger risk.

Return to Washington Football Team