Chris Walker

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Chris Walker 

Post#1 » by Hogified05 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:19 am

Soooooo....Chris Walker just became eligible at UF over the weekend. Which has me giddier then a fat kid in a candy store being a UF fan. Feel like with all these other freshman combined with him not playing he has been lost in the shuffle as a potential lottery pick. Kid has all the tools to be great.

I personally think he should wait and come back for 1 more year next year, unless he just goes out of his mind this year. Next years draft will be weaker which will help improve his draft position which equals a few more millions. He is late to the party this year, next year it would be his team at UF to showcase. But I wouldn't blame him if he jumped this year (family could use the money, i've read).

Anyways what do you guys think of his potential? Think he could jump into the top 10 with strong showing 2nd half of the year?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RQtrN4LB98[/youtube]

The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Chris Walker 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:54 am

He will bust hard in the NBA.
He is a great athlete with no clue of how to play basketball, let alone an organized sport.
Will be in the dleague and China in 4-5 years.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#3 » by doordoor123 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:32 am

I've been excited for him, but I also don't really know what to expect. I DO hope he's a star and jumps into the top five, but I don't think Florida's system really allows for that anyways.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:05 am

Fischella wrote:He will bust hard in the NBA.
He is a great athlete with no clue of how to play basketball, let alone an organized sport.
Will be in the dleague and China in 4-5 years.

that's my impression of him. he struck me as tyrus thomas-esque, unaware of what his limitations are and more concerned about attempting what he doesn't do well. he's a superb athlete but he dominated literally the lowest levels of HS ball in florida. he's untested to say the least.

for his sake hopefully he sticks around and allows donovan to coach him but i heard he has his mind set on being one and done. he sounds like a kid who's in a rush to get to the nba, not recognizing just how much work his game needs.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Talent Chaser
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#5 » by Talent Chaser » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm

The next Amar'e, mark my words.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#6 » by LloydFree » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Somebody is going to get Chris Walker late in the 1st round, and he is going to have more of an impact than many picked in the lottery.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Casey Jonas
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#7 » by Casey Jonas » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Let's see him play in college before making any definitive statements abut the guy. He's a top 10 talent, even in this stacked draft. He could come out and dominate simply based on his physical gifts. Or he could be rawer than how ODB likes it. If he comes out and just shows he's solid with some flashes? I could see a team taking a chance on him in the 8-12 range. I mean, you look at Noah Vonleh, and Walker could theoretically go right around where Vonleh is picked.
jstall_10
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by jstall_10 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Casey Jonas wrote:Let's see him play in college before making any definitive statements abut the guy. He's a top 10 talent, even in this stacked draft. He could come out and dominate simply based on his physical gifts. Or he could be rawer than how ODB likes it. If he comes out and just shows he's solid with some flashes? I could see a team taking a chance on him in the 8-12 range. I mean, you look at Noah Vonleh, and Walker could theoretically go right around where Vonleh is picked.

So true
Mlockhart
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Mlockhart » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:31 pm

If you like upside I suppose you like Walker. Right now he's just a dunker and an athlete. He needs at least another year at school.

Return to NBA Draft