Kyrie Irving Feels Pop In Knee, Will Undergo MRI Wednesday

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kyrie Irving Feels Pop In Knee, Will Undergo MRI Wednesday 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 pm

Kyrie Irving felt a pop in his left knee after injuring it in the third quarter of the Cleveland Cavaliers' 91-76 loss to the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday.

Irving felt weak following his return to the game, despite being helped to the locker room without putting pressure on his left leg.

"I thought the worst had happened," Irving said. "My left knee is pretty weak right now. I was falling all over the place. I didn't have my legs under me."

Irving missed 38 games over the past two seasons. A long-term injury to Irving could change the direction of the Cavaliers.

Via Jason Lloyd/Akron Beacon Journal

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Kyrie Irving Feels Pop In Knee, Will Undergo MRI Wednesd 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Wed Jan 1, 2014 12:10 am

Maybe he tore his acl and John Wall will rightfully be a starter in this year's allstar game. Kyrie and the cavs are a joke.
oikosnomos
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#3 » by oikosnomos » Wed Jan 1, 2014 12:19 am

Sam195 wrote:Maybe he tore his acl and John Wall will rightfully be a starter in this year's allstar game. Kyrie and the cavs are a joke.

Wow, this is like the ultimate douche post.
MalcolmXing
Banned User
And1: 503

Post#4 » by MalcolmXing » Wed Jan 1, 2014 12:47 am

oikosnomos wrote:
Sam195 wrote:Maybe he tore his acl and John Wall will rightfully be a starter in this year's allstar game. Kyrie and the cavs are a joke.

Wow, this is like the ultimate douche post.

Did u expect much from imbeciles?
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,184

Post#5 » by brackdan70 » Wed Jan 1, 2014 1:01 am

so many Injuries this season.
Sign here
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#6 » by 12footrim » Wed Jan 1, 2014 3:39 am

I'm holding my breath on this one. I'm in a 20 team fantasy keeper league. I already lost Horford last week and have Galinari out since last year. I"m the defending champ but this would end it for me. Kyrie had really just started killing it the last 10 games too.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,852

Post#7 » by Woodsanity » Wed Jan 1, 2014 4:02 am

Hope its not too bad but Kyrie has had missed A LOT of games. I think it is fair to say he is injury prone at this point.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#8 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Jan 1, 2014 4:36 am

Not good to hear. Hope Kyrie gets back soon.
Championships
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#9 » by Championships » Wed Jan 1, 2014 7:54 am

I hope he's okay but if he's out for the rest of the season this changes everything for the Cavaliers as a franchise and could put a damper on any hopes to swoop in and convince LeBron to come back.

Really hope he's not done for the year, the league doesn't need another young talent worthless to his team due to injury.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#10 » by donaldtrump_00 » Wed Jan 1, 2014 8:57 am

I can already tell u its either a acl, mcl, or pcl tear. anytime you hear a pop in your knee that's usually always the case and he couldn't put any weight on it. I know because I had it happen to me and I heard the pop. he just better hope its a level 1 or 2 tear. im almost certain its a acl or mcl tear but that's why they signed jarrett jack for. but I hope hes ok
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#11 » by King4Day » Wed Jan 1, 2014 1:54 pm

I'm willing to bet any Gasol/Bynum talks are on hold. No reason to give up assets if he can't play with Kyrie.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
NBA___Ughhh
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#12 » by NBA___Ughhh » Wed Jan 1, 2014 3:52 pm

OIC (Only In Cleveland). If they weren't already doing it (and sadly I don't think they were), they had better be tanking for the draft from here on out. Trade any and all assets. That means Varejao, Waiters, and... well that's about it. Fire Chris Grant, and Mike Brown. Hire George Karl, a compatible GM, and go from there. Kyrie's as good as gone when his contract is up, so get working on a total rebuild NOW.
jshow34
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#13 » by jshow34 » Wed Jan 1, 2014 4:30 pm

He still has the #'s but his game has taken a step back this year. Shot selection is too poor for a guy who controls the basketball as much as he does. Let's not even talk about defensively....
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#14 » by truwizfan4evr » Wed Jan 1, 2014 5:42 pm

I agree! Wooo hoooo
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#15 » by truwizfan4evr » Wed Jan 1, 2014 5:43 pm

I hope John Wall is able to start in the all star game.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#16 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Wed Jan 1, 2014 6:51 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:

I agree! Wooo hoooo

As a fellow Wiz fan, that's a pretty pathetic post. Absolutely classless and I'm pretty sure John would rather start an All-Star game on his own merit.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#17 » by your boy » Wed Jan 1, 2014 7:33 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:I hope wall able to start in allstar game.

I hope you learn how to talk
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#18 » by dkjjr » Wed Jan 1, 2014 8:58 pm

Woodsanity wrote:Hope its not too bad but Kyrie has had missed A LOT of games. I think it is fair to say he is injury prone at this point.

38 out of 164 is injury prone? This is the first bad injury he has had in his pro career, so give him a break. Nobody was saying DRose was injury prone after his first injury, why is it different for Kyrie?
mjw9191
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#19 » by mjw9191 » Wed Jan 1, 2014 10:48 pm

As a Cleveland fan, I'm confused and hurt about this season. Kyrie being out for the rest of the season would probably be beneficial in the longrun, but would also make everyone truly realize and accept that he's injury prone. If it's just a minor tweak that keeps him out only a few (if any) games, then we're still 10-21 in the EASTERN CONFERENCE. Bynum is gone, and I know that we're not gonna trade him for Gasol or Deng. Varejao is done. Dion is a big ? at this point, though has flashes of brilliance now and again, Jack sucks, Bennett just..whoa. Mike Brown is only meant to be a defensive coordinator in this league, and idk it's just sad that we still can only really talk about the Cavs future while bringing up the futile hopes of Lebron coming back and Kyrie inevitably leaving. I don't think Kyrie will leave the rookie max extension on the table, so we'll have him til 2020. But beyond him, and this is if he's not injury prone, what else do we have? Thompson is nice...that's about it. It's just abysmal and sucks because the roster looked really good on paper going into the season. They still dominate in 2k.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#20 » by your boy » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:24 am

dkjjr wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:Hope its not too bad but Kyrie has had missed A LOT of games. I think it is fair to say he is injury prone at this point.

38 out of 164 is injury prone? This is the first bad injury he has had in his pro career, so give him a break. Nobody was saying DRose was injury prone after his first injury, why is it different for Kyrie?

What a dumb reply. "Nobody was saying DRose was injury prone after his first injury". Why would anyone call a player who's never been hurt injury prone? That literally makes no sense. Also I'm assuming you came up with 164 for just his first two nba seasons, well you forgot his first season there was only 66 games played that year. So in his first two seasons he missed 38 out of 148 games. What do you consider injury prone? Irving was injured over 25% of the time his first two seasons in the league.

Return to Wiretap Discussion