Gordon Hayward Marries Girl Fresh Out of High School

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

pg16kid
Junior
And1: 27

Re: Gordon Hayward Marries Girl Fresh Out of High School 

Post#121 » by pg16kid » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:27 pm

She's beautiful man. Good job Gordon!
Benstar (Music Producer)

http://soundcloud.com/benstar16
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#122 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:38 pm

twix2500 wrote:
SpinninHouse wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:23 and most likely 18 isnt a big deal at all age wise.

This. I'm 33 and my wife is 28. Pretty normal, actually.

There is a difference between relationships that are older like 33-28, compare to younger 23-18. When you are near your 30s a five years difference can relate to each other better than a couple 23 & 18, because they have been through life.18-25 there is a rapid change and maturity. Just like a 15 year old dating a 10 year old, you cant compare that to a 30 yr old dating a 28 yr old. There is a huge maturity gap. Yea she is an adult but the girl hasnt become a woman yet, she needs to learn and grow up. Most people who get married around 18 end up a failure more than any older couple. Usually people who prey on young partner like that is because they are vulnerable and impressionable. Most likely he took advantage of the young girl vulnerability. Being a 18 you never had a true adult relationship.

Hell my cousin spent a year in prison for statutory rape for being caught having sex with a girl he was dating, she was 16 and he was 18. Lost his full basketball scholarship and now registered as a sexual predator because of the situation.

I agree with most of the bolded section. Both are just way too young. Perhaps he's grown up a bit quicker being in the NBA, I dunno, but she's only 18 years old. They've so much to learn still, so much to grow maturity wise and still so much to figure out about themselves. I'm 47 and my wife is 38. We've been together about 8 years and married the last 3 years. She has kids, I have kids so we have a lot of common experience bringing up the kids. I just think there's a lot missing at such a young age.

Now that does not necessarily mean their marriage will fail. They could be the one in a hundred couple that makes it. As someone else mentioned, they may not even get married for a while. Tha twould help, although I don't know why the rush to get engaged then unless she was dating another NBA player (hahaha). The bottom line is... these kids are adults and capable of making their own decisions, no matter how wrong you or I or anyone else may think it is. just wish them luck cuz they're gonna need it, just as a lot of other relationships need it.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Damas
Starter
And1: 1,923

Post#123 » by Damas » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:47 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
SpinninHouse wrote:
This. I'm 33 and my wife is 28. Pretty normal, actually.

There is a difference between relationships that are older like 33-28, compare to younger 23-18. When you are near your 30s a five years difference can relate to each other better than a couple 23 & 18, because they have been through life.18-25 there is a rapid change and maturity. Just like a 15 year old dating a 10 year old, you cant compare that to a 30 yr old dating a 28 yr old. There is a huge maturity gap. Yea she is an adult but the girl hasnt become a woman yet, she needs to learn and grow up. Most people who get married around 18 end up a failure more than any older couple. Usually people who prey on young partner like that is because they are vulnerable and impressionable. Most likely he took advantage of the young girl vulnerability. Being a 18 you never had a true adult relationship.

Hell my cousin spent a year in prison for statutory rape for being caught having sex with a girl he was dating, she was 16 and he was 18. Lost his full basketball scholarship and now registered as a sexual predator because of the situation.

I agree with most of the bolded section. Both are just way too young. Perhaps he's grown up a bit quicker being in the NBA, I dunno, but she's only 18 years old. They've so much to learn still, so much to grow maturity wise and still so much to figure out about themselves. I'm 47 and my wife is 38. We've been together about 8 years and married the last 3 years. She has kids, I have kids so we have a lot of common experience bringing up the kids. I just think there's a lot missing at such a young age.

Now that does not necessarily mean their marriage will fail. They could be the one in a hundred couple that makes it. As someone else mentioned, they may not even get married for a while. Tha twould help, although I don't know why the rush to get engaged then unless she was dating another NBA player (hahaha). The bottom line is... these kids are adults and capable of making their own decisions, no matter how wrong you or I or anyone else may think it is. just wish them luck cuz they're gonna need it, just as a lot of other relationships need it.

Wow congrats on your relationship.

I got a lot of flack from people saying that he could get any girl but he chose a high school girl....I guess all I was really saying was why not experiment and have some fun. You are young, rich and plenty of opportunities....why shack up so young. He is going to see his other teammates do whatever they want while he is restricted to his girl. Not to mention, him being so young he will be on the road a lot and so he has to place faith in the girl. And she has to place even more faith on him not to screw around.

So my sentiments mirror yours, they need to do some growing up and explore who they are before making this gigantic leap in commitment but its their decision to go that direction. I wish them luck since nearly half of all marriages end up in divorce.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#124 » by Zubby » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Sakuragi_ wrote:Fresh out? She probably already finished her first semester of college...Someone is baiting here.

Shes really cute too. Wifey material.

cosmetology school
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#125 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:09 pm

All jokes aside, personally I think it's creepy to have been dating a girl in high school at his age.

No doubt she's a beautiful girl but I can't imagine being in my last year of university and dating a girl still in highschool, that just feels wrong even picturing it. I mean just to top it off, picture being a pro bball player and I'm dating a girl in highschool; creepy....I mean whatever man but good luck with that.
martypython
Bench Warmer
And1: 252

Post#126 » by martypython » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:36 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:All jokes aside, personally I think it's creepy to have been dating a girl in high school at his age.

No doubt she's a beautiful girl but I can't imagine being in my last year of university and dating a girl still in highschool, that just feels wrong even picturing it. I mean just to top it off, picture being a pro bball player and I'm dating a girl in highschool; creepy....I mean whatever man but good luck with that.

Or maybe they agreed to wait until she turned 18 before they start dating. Either way, he's certainly not the first Jazz to like younger girls.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#127 » by jazzfan1971 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:49 pm

I was 30 when I married my wife. She was 19. We've been happily married nearly 12 years now.

Different strokes for different folks. I see nothing wrong with Gordon wedding that girl myself. Well, actually I wouldn't marry anyone if I were an NBA player, that's just asking for trouble.

But, I hope they are happy.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#128 » by EvanZ » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:54 pm

I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
colts18
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#129 » by colts18 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:10 pm

I find it funny how no one would bat an eye if a 33 year old married a 23 year old, but god forbid a 23 year old dates an 18 year old.
Rasho_libre
Analyst
And1: 1,252

Post#130 » by Rasho_libre » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:19 pm

colts18 wrote:I find it funny how no one would bat an eye if a 33 year old married a 23 year old, but god forbid a 23 year old dates an 18 year old.

It's the marriage police, they like to tell people what to do in their personal lives.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Post#131 » by twix2500 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:08 pm

martypython wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:All jokes aside, personally I think it's creepy to have been dating a girl in high school at his age.

Or maybe they agreed to wait until she turned 18 before they start dating. Either way, he's certainly not the first Jazz to like younger girls.

Whos they? You saying she was hand picked by the parents and given to him lol.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Post#132 » by twix2500 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:15 pm

colts18 wrote:I find it funny how no one would bat an eye if a 33 year old married a 23 year old, but god forbid a 23 year old dates an 18 year old.

I do, get on girls who do that and they will tell me because its easy and the young boys dont know no better. One chick I know married a 20 year old and she 33 at the time with 3 kids by two other men. She told him after two months of dating each other they have to get married. They got married and 3 months after the married she started sneaking over my house and i eventually told her to stop (im older than her). They're still married and I still see her flirting would young dudes. She a very beautiful woman just wild.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#133 » by DanTown8587 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:46 pm

When we discuss basketball it's one thing, but do people in here honestly care who the **** Gordon Hayward marries and how old she is?
LilLeeroy
Senior
And1: 287

Post#134 » by LilLeeroy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 pm

darkdrone wrote:Is a millionaire and gets married at 23 years old smh.

He had the world at his fingertips and any girl he wanted but he chose some chick right out of high school.....

Maybe he doesn't want to worry about the girls whose only desire is to have him get her pregnant so she can sit on her lazy a** and collect checks?
Zona Zoo
Junior
And1: 221

Post#135 » by Zona Zoo » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:59 pm

They weren't dating when she was in high school... he had a different girlfriend when his now fiancee graduated high school

Return to The General Board