J.R. Smith: Communication From My End Is Over

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

J.R. Smith: Communication From My End Is Over 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:20 am

J.R. Smith was a DNP-CD in the New York Knicks' loss at the Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday.

Smith had played 25 minutes on Monday and 27 on Saturday.

"For [the shoelcace incident] to be the trigger point for all this to happen is ridiculous," said Smith.

Smith wasn't told in advance by Mike Woodson that he wouldn't play in Tuesday's game.

"Communication from my end is over," said Smith.

Via Jared Dubin/Bloomberg

brooklynbrawler
Junior
And1: 350

Re: J.R. Smith: Communication From My End Is Over 

Post#2 » by brooklynbrawler » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 am

His problem is that he thinks the shoelace is why he's on the bench. But really its because he sucks.
Please........... no more
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#3 » by LiSTWithLani » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:45 am

brooklynbrawler wrote:His problem is that he thinks the shoelace is why he's on the bench. But really its because he sucks.

I wouldn't say that he sucks, only that they are no longer willing to deal with his semi-frequent childishness.
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#4 » by malgus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:46 am

It wasn't the shoelaces. It was the shoelaces, the terrible shooting, the whining about your brother being cut, and every other stupid thing you do.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#5 » by Sam195 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:53 am

lol, it's like the knicks are tanking for JRs bad behaviour. He is arguably the team's third best player and woodson is an idiot for benching him in games the knicks could easily win if he got a few minutes. If he played in tonight's charlotte game, the knicks would have won. JR is not going to change if woodson keeps giving him dnps, cause he is still getting paid. They should suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and he will start behaving when he starts losing game cheques.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#6 » by your boy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:59 am

Sam195 wrote:lol, it's like the knicks are tanking for JRs bad behaviour. He is arguably the team's third best player and woodson is an idiot for benching him in games the knicks could easily win if he got a few minutes. If he played in tonight's charlotte game, the knicks would have won. JR is not going to change if woodson keeps giving him dnps, cause he is still getting paid. They should suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and he will start behaving when he starts losing game cheques.

Have you seen him play this year? They're better off without him. They still woulda lost the game today.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#7 » by Temuhjan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:11 am

Sam195 wrote:lol, it's like the knicks are tanking for JRs bad behaviour. He is arguably the team's third best player and woodson is an idiot for benching him in games the knicks could easily win if he got a few minutes. If he played in tonight's charlotte game, the knicks would have won. JR is not going to change if woodson keeps giving him dnps, cause he is still getting paid. They should suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and he will start behaving when he starts losing game cheques.

Let me count: Melo, Chandler, Shumpert, STAT, K-Mart, Prigs, Felton and everyone else on the team all play better than JR this season on a PER basis. So, no. JR is not New York's third best player by output.

And think about it, if a player gives you 10 points, 0 three-pointer, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steal and 1 block in 25 minutes of play in his second game since returning from a benching. What is this player trying to tell you with his game?

Seriously, the Knicks have no use for a player like that. They should keep benching him until they can negotiate a buyout.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#8 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 am

brooklynbrawler wrote:His problem is that he thinks the shoelace is why he's on the bench. But really its because he sucks.

He needs to realize he should've grown up a long time ago.
Pedro
Senior
And1: 58

Post#9 » by Pedro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:49 am

And so begins the Marbury/Francis/Sprewell-esque ending to JR Smiths career. What a surprise; they all played for the Knicks! So much potential going to waste due to massive immaturity.
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#10 » by malgus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:01 am

might as well send him home with his salary to get him away from the team
AndrettiFamily
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#11 » by AndrettiFamily » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:17 am

if we could just get rid of Woody, Felton and JR we'd be fine. they're cancer.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#12 » by PrecociousNeoph » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:33 am

more like smith has unapologetically betrayed the unrivaled level of support he was afforded by mike woodson, who has tolerated smith's erratic play more than any other coach he's played under, allowing smith to play through mistakes as long as he was convinced that smith was taking ownership of and learning from said mistakes. the knicks bent over backwards by succumbing to smith's terms of resigning by giving a spot to his brother, who frankly has no business being on an NBA roster. the fact is that this is obviously not in response to any one single incident like the shoe lace untying, which is merely the latest in what is an impressive resume of buffoonery. he was warned multiple times before being fined and had the consequences of further behavior and not growing up clearly communicated to him by woodson on more than one occasion: and yet despite this he continued his juvenility. you would be hard pressed to identify another coach who would have reacted different, let alone one who willing to give smith the level of freedom he enjoyed in the first place. between the loss of last season's veteran presence and the inexplicably inconsistent play so far this season, the last thing this team needs is malcontent and locker room unrest. the league has no shortage of shoot-first guards and smith's production can be largely parceled across the roster. frankly at this point his minutes are better spent given to shumpert, hardaway and when healthy prigioni, who can collectively substitute for smith's scoring and do so without a marathon of callow self-pity. if smith's contribution was harder to replicate, such as if he was pulling down 6 offensive rebounds per game or reliably playing the kind of defense that shumpert does, it would be a different story. should the knicks have tolerated stephon marbury's poisonous presence and perpetual negativity simply because he was the most reliable perimeter scorer on a pathetic team lacking reliable perimeter scoring and featuring a shooting guard who can't shoot (jamal crawford)? if a player is perpetually poking holes into the umbrella during a down pour after being warned several times, you get rid of him. it's a no-brainer. you can DNP him all you want but the team is powerless to intercept smith's effort to nourish public turmoil by peddling his woe-is-me stuff to the press without even having to lace up
“Bye, Felicia.”
nonameguy
Junior
And1: 170

Post#13 » by nonameguy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:27 am

PrecociousNeoph wrote:

more like smith has unapologetically betrayed the unrivaled level of support he was afforded by mike woodson, who has tolerated smith's erratic play more than any other coach he's played under, allowing smith to play through mistakes as long as he was convinced that smith was taking ownership of and learning from said mistakes. the knicks bent over backwards by succumbing to smith's terms of resigning by giving a spot to his brother, who frankly has no business being on an NBA roster. the fact is that this is obviously not in response to any one single incident like the shoe lace untying, which is merely the latest in what is an impressive resume of buffoonery. he was warned multiple times before being fined and had the consequences of further behavior and not growing up clearly communicated to him by woodson on more than one occasion: and yet despite this he continued his juvenility. you would be hard pressed to identify another coach who would have reacted different, let alone one who willing to give smith the level of freedom he enjoyed in the first place. between the loss of last season's veteran presence and the inexplicably inconsistent play so far this season, the last thing this team needs is malcontent and locker room unrest. the league has no shortage of shoot-first guards and smith's production can be largely parceled across the roster. frankly at this point his minutes are better spent given to shumpert, hardaway and when healthy prigioni, who can collectively substitute for smith's scoring and do so without a marathon of callow self-pity. if smith's contribution was harder to replicate, such as if he was pulling down 6 offensive rebounds per game or reliably playing the kind of defense that shumpert does, it would be a different story. should the knicks have tolerated stephon marbury's poisonous presence and perpetual negativity simply because he was the most reliable perimeter scorer on a pathetic team lacking reliable perimeter scoring and featuring a shooting guard who can't shoot (jamal crawford)? if a player is perpetually poking holes into the umbrella during a down pour after being warned several times, you get rid of him. it's a no-brainer. you can DNP him all you want but the team is powerless to intercept smith's effort to nourish public turmoil by peddling his woe-is-me stuff to the press without even having to lace up

I can't tell, are you a troll?

You use a big vocabulary but write like a total baboon..
omarmuniz
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#14 » by omarmuniz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:56 pm

"For [the shoelcace incident] to be the trigger point for all this to happen is ridiculous," said Smith.

You're wrong, J.R. Unnecessarily untying the shoelaces of nba players is ridiculous. That doesn't happen in Sunday morning pickup games at the local park, let alone at the NBA level.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#15 » by Dolphin Lips » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Smith also said that he is trying "figure out what I can do to help the team. If I’m not helping the team, there’s no point in me being here

For once I actually agree with JR... Why play him 25 minutes Monday and bench him Tuesday? Monday looked like he was starting to regain his touch and Woodson even drew up a last second shot for him (he missed)-- unless he did something on the plane to Charlotte coach Woodson has no f-ing idea what he's doing
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#16 » by Temuhjan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:Smith also said that he is trying "figure out what I can do to help the team. If I’m not helping the team, there’s no point in me being here

For once I actually agree with JR... Why play him 25 minutes Monday and bench him Tuesday? Monday looked like he was starting to regain his touch and Woodson even drew up a last second shot for him (he missed)-- unless he did something on the plane to Charlotte coach Woodson has no f-ing idea what he's doing

How about giving the team 10 points, 0 three-pointer, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steal and 1 block in 25 minutes of play in his second game since returning from a benching. What is JR trying to tell you with his game?
realgm jesus
Sophomore
And1: 44

Post#17 » by realgm jesus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:06 pm

JR should call an adult and have them explain whats going on.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#18 » by IMAN5 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Amen.
instagram.com/510movement
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#19 » by ybnd » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:48 pm

realgm jesus wrote:JR should call an adult and have them explain whats going on.

HAHAHAHAH
NBA___Ughhh
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#20 » by NBA___Ughhh » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:59 pm

I'd rather see Tim Hardaway Jr. get those minutes. He's just as good, and without all the BS.

Return to Wiretap Discussion