Delon Wright OT

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Delon Wright OT 

Post#1 » by Winglish » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Is it just me or is this guy not getting much media coverage in Utah? He is in the NCAA's top five in FG% and steals and is making a strong case to have his named called in June's NBA draft. It's too bad the Utes scheduled nothing but Little Sisters of the Poor (other than the Cougars) for their non-conference games. I did not even know that Delon Wright is Dorell Wright's little brother until today. I also didn't realize that he was the JUCO player of the year last season. I don't get the PAC-12 Network so I haven't watched Utah much. So what gives? Is this guy the real deal, in your opinion?
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Re: Delon Wright OT 

Post#2 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:24 am

Really odd that he's not getting talked about.

I love watching him. He makes NBA plays on defense and driving to the basket but he can't shoot.
kebutah
Analyst
And1: 99

Post#3 » by kebutah » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:29 am

At draft express he is rated 96 which means he wouldn't be in most draft discussions.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#4 » by Jazzfan12 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:40 am

On the stat-based draft models I've seen, he's rated as a top 5 pick. Kind of weird that he's gotten no attention.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#5 » by JazzMatt13 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:31 am

I normally say that it is weird when Salt Lake, the outcast state in the US gets no attention.....but it isn't surprsing at all.

I am in Utah, and didn't even notice Fredette till after his tenure. How that happened....because I ignore everything BYU does....which is what everyone does to us as a State....it is actually very easy to do.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#6 » by Winglish » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:49 pm

by JazzMatt13 ยป Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:31 pm

I normally say that it is weird when Salt Lake, the outcast state in the US gets no attention.....but it isn't surprsing at all.

I am in Utah, and didn't even notice Fredette till after his tenure. How that happened....because I ignore everything BYU does....which is what everyone does to us as a State....it is actually very easy to do.

I'm talking about our LOCAL media. DNews only did a write-up on Wright after he got Player of the Week in the PAC-12. I just don't see any local attention being given to a local player who might very well be in the NBA next year.
Ruckusmh
Junior
And1: 189

Post#7 » by Ruckusmh » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:39 am

I don't think his shot is good enough to come to the NBA next year. With another year if he gained 10 lbs and became just a decent 3pt shooter he would remind me a lot of Alec Burks but with muuuuuuuch higher bbiq.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#8 » by Reckless » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:02 am

Utah Jazz will get most attention ahead of college basketball teams. Fans don't pay attention to college sports in Utah. It was same way when Lillard was at Weber State. You never heard about the guy, i know Weber State is kind of a crap college but you think he get some hype in the state. nope. Utahn's only care for one college games - Utah vs BYU in football, and even that feels like it's fading now they are in seperate conferences.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#9 » by Joel Embust » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:57 am

Ruckusmh wrote:I don't think his shot is good enough to come to the NBA next year.

After his current season there's no way he's not going to declare and he's right about that. He can improve his shot by working with NBA coaches.

Return to Utah Jazz