Jabari Brown?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Browns16
Senior
And1: 190

Jabari Brown? 

Post#1 » by Browns16 » Sat Feb 1, 2014 10:25 pm

What do people think about the other Jabari? He has decent size for a SG and a great shot but he doesn't have great handles. He is the leading scorer in the SEC though and went off against Kentucky today almost leading Mizzou to a big comeback. Oh and he had a huge poster dunk on Julius Randle.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Re: Jabari Brown? 

Post#2 » by ManualRam » Sun Feb 2, 2014 8:49 am

he looks to be closer to 6'4 but has a strong build. dynamite shooter with his feet set, but doesn't look as accurate on the move. he has improved his driving ability. he's not quick, but being the shooter he is he can attack closeouts and he has the strength to carry defenders into the paint. he's gotten better at picking his spots and being more patient with his touches, relying on craft as opposed to just putting his head down. he seeks contact on drives and has even developed a floater game. he's not exactly a 3 and d because his d lags behind his offense, but i think he can at least be a good spot up shooter who can draw some fouls.
i've moved him from top of the 2nd to mid 20s.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#3 » by Golabki » Sun Feb 2, 2014 4:48 pm

ManualRam wrote:he looks to be closer to 6'4 but has a strong build. dynamite shooter with his feet set, but doesn't look as accurate on the move. he has improved his driving ability. he's not quick, but being the shooter he is he can attack closeouts and he has the strength to carry defenders into the paint. he's gotten better at picking his spots and being more patient with his touches, relying on craft as opposed to just putting his head down. he seeks contact on drives and has even developed a floater game. he's not exactly a 3 and d because his d lags behind his offense, but i think he can at least be a good spot up shooter who can draw some fouls.

I thought he had pretty good defensive reputation. If he can't defend he isn't worth drafting.

I'll be interested to see his combine.

He's shooting a ridiculous percentage from 3 this year, which probably isn't sustainable, but there's no question he can hit 3s from anywhere.

Seems like a solid 2nd rounder on a team looking for a cheap SG option.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#4 » by Golabki » Sun Feb 2, 2014 4:55 pm

ManualRam wrote:he looks to be closer to 6'4 but has a strong build. dynamite shooter with his feet set, but doesn't look as accurate on the move. he has improved his driving ability. he's not quick, but being the shooter he is he can attack closeouts and he has the strength to carry defenders into the paint. he's gotten better at picking his spots and being more patient with his touches, relying on craft as opposed to just putting his head down. he seeks contact on drives and has even developed a floater game. he's not exactly a 3 and d because his d lags behind his offense, but i think he can at least be a good spot up shooter who can draw some fouls.

I thought he had pretty good defensive reputation. If he can't defend he isn't worth drafting.

He's shooting a ridiculous percentage from 3 this year, which probably isn't sustainable, but there's no question he can hit 3s from anywhere.

ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#5 » by ManualRam » Sun Feb 2, 2014 5:04 pm

Golabki wrote:

he's strong and he plays with decent effort, fighting through screens and such, but he's not that quick laterally, his recovery speed is average to below, he's not disruptive and his size for the SG position at the NBA level is below average outside of strength.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to NBA Draft