League Advertisements

Moderator: TyCobb

j1cyrus
Ballboy
And1: 1

The truest test of baseball acumen -- draft 3/30 @ 9PM EST! 

Post#41 » by j1cyrus » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Hey guys.. this league is fully prepared to go forward as-is, but we'd really like to have a larger group to stretch the player pool more thinly.. So I have UP TO 7 spots available. A few points:

- new auction keeper, going into a fresh draft tomorrow!

- all the owners are top-notch; fully dedicated, active and knowledgeable.. I have played with them all in multiple leagues in the past

- there is no league fee for this season; we will discuss having one in future years, but for now it's free

- scoring is FANTASY POINT-based, a mix of linear-weights-based scoring (i.e. roughly the components that calculate WAR) with some small adjustments made in the spirit of DIPS Theory.. the end result is a very straightforward and INTUITIVE ranking of players.. no need to worry about this or that category really, just real-life value in terms of overall production

- large starting lineups (13 hitters, 6 SP and 8 RP)

- 10 man FARM Roster

- keeper cost formula that rewards you for scoring bargains, yet fairly brings their cost back to market level over a period of one or more years

If you're serious about joining and can make the auction tomorrow night, please contact me here or at jacobtulloch@gmail.com with your "fantasy resume".. new recruits can be dicey, and I'd like to have confidence that whoever I bring in is good, and active for the long haul.. thanks!
What we have here is a failure to communicate
If you gonna hate, might at least get your rumors straight
dmend34
Suspended
And1: 0

Yahoo Brand New Keeper League Forming - Draft Tomorrow 4:30 

Post#42 » by dmend34 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:58 am

The Elite Keeper league is just forming despite being last minute. H2H scoring with 6x6 categories including Quality Starts and OPS as well as the standard categories. There will be 12 teams. Draft will be tomorrow at 4:30 PM Eastern before the season begins. To be in this league you will have to be active and set your lineups everyday. We will keep 6 major leaguers every year as well as an option to keep 2 minor leaguers/rookies that were on your roster, however it is not required. If interested, please email me at dmend19@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Any questions please don't hesitate to email me. League will fill before draft tomorrow.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,929

Re: Yahoo Brand New Keeper League Forming - Draft Tomorrow 4 

Post#43 » by Ado05 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:59 am

Im definitely down for this.
dmend34
Suspended

Post#44 » by dmend34 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:09 am

Adrian_05 wrote:Im definitely down for this.

Please email me: dmend19@gmail.com
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,929

Post#45 » by Ado05 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:12 am

dmend34 wrote:
Adrian_05 wrote:Im definitely down for this.

Please email me: dmend19@gmail.com

Oops, sorry, sure thing.
troy1721
Ballboy

New 30 Team Dynasty League 

Post#46 » by troy1721 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Hey Guys!

I'm starting a new 30 team dynasty league complete with, Contracts, Minor Leagues, Free Agency, and FYPD's. I'm looking for active owners. We have plenty of good teams left. Shoot me an email if you're interested.

tcavell1721@yahoo.com
a219108
Ballboy

Fantasy baseball with openings 

Post#47 » by a219108 » Mon Dec 9, 2013 10:35 pm

I run a 20 team all keeper fantasy baseball league that has one opening. This league is run on Fan Trax. The league has roto type categories and head to head match ups. The normal cost of the league is $85. You can buy the team for $50. This team available is not terrible by any means. I also have a good team available for the regular price of $85. Each team gets 50 minor league prospects. If you are interested, send me an email at charleskuketz@yahoo.com. Let me know in the email that you are interested in the baseball league.
a219108
Ballboy

Post#48 » by a219108 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:24 pm

I run a 20 team all keeper fantasy baseball league that has one opening. This league is run on Fan Trax. The league has roto type categories and head to head match ups. The normal cost of the league is $85. You can buy the team for $50. This team available is not terrible by any means. I also have a good team available for the regular price of $85. Each team gets 50 minor league prospects. If you are interested, send me an email at charleskuketz@yahoo.com. Let me know in the email that you are interested in the baseball league.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Re: League Advertisements 

Post#49 » by Dirty Water » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Long running 28 team dynasty league (est 2005) has a few openings for 2014 season. open teams are yankees, blue jays, cardinals. PM, email (b enu l i s -at- gmail dot com) or post here if interested. league is free yet very competitive. looking for committed owners.
a219108
Ballboy

Post#50 » by a219108 » Wed Jan 1, 2014 3:41 pm

I run a 20 team all keeper fantasy baseball league that has one opening. This league is run on Fan Trax. The league has roto type categories and head to head match ups. The normal cost of the league is $85. You can buy the team for $50. This team available is not terrible by any means. Each team gets 50 minor league prospects. This is a daily lineup league. If you are interested, send me an email at charleskuketz@yahoo.com. Let me know in the email that you are interested in the baseball league.
mielke
Ballboy

Innovative but simplified new keeper HTH pts league starting 

Post#51 » by mielke » Fri Jan 3, 2014 2:27 am

Longtime seasoned fantasy commissioner here, founding a brand-new league. Looking for some new owners for the league’s first season. It’s a weekly HTH points mixed league with 20 starting slots and rosters of 30. Aiming for a league of 14.

General tenets:
- ABC, 123 (see below)
- Weekly lineup changes
- A points system so simple it can be hand-drawn, yet thoroughly tested for realism and balance between offense and pitching
- A straight annual draft, with limited keepers (on a three-year keeper term limit) .... 123!
- Draft-pick trading allowed (some restrictions). If you've never been in a league that trades draft picks .... you've missed out.
- A simple approximation of the Salary Cap method without having to fuss over the dollars: players are annually grouped in the preseason into a small number of Classifications. Teams are only allowed to keep a limited number annually from each Classification. ABC!
- Limited Minor League roster
- Weekly FAAB system
- Entry fee will be $50 to $100 or more depending on consensus
- Outgoing personalities, active owners, and smack-talking encouraged
- Leaning toward Fantrax as the league site
- The part about outgoing personalities, active owners, and smack-talking encouraged

The final constitution is still open for comment, so at this point you have the chance to give your input/preferences.

Any questions or comments or interest, blabuwe at yahoo

Excelsior!
a219108
Ballboy

Post#52 » by a219108 » Sun Jan 5, 2014 3:58 pm

I run a 20 team all keeper fantasy baseball league that has one opening. This league is run on Fan Trax. The league has roto type categories and head to head match ups. The normal cost of the league is $85. You can buy the team for $25. This team available is not terrible by any means. Each team gets 50 minor league prospects. This is a daily lineup league. If you are interested, send me an email at charleskuketz@yahoo.com. Let me know in the email that you are interested in the baseball league.
a219108
Ballboy

Post#53 » by a219108 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:42 pm

I run a 20 team all keeper fantasy baseball league that has one opening. This league is run on Fan Trax. The league has roto type categories and head to head match ups. The normal cost of the league is $85. You can buy the team for $85. There is no discount because the team made the playoffs last year. Each team gets 50 minor league prospects. This is a daily lineup league. If you are interested, send me an email at charleskuketz@yahoo.com. Let me know in the email that you are interested in the baseball league.
bermanator
Ballboy

Starting a Keeper League 

Post#54 » by bermanator » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:17 am

I'm looking to start a keeper league on ESPN this year. I am looking for ACTIVE MANAGERS ONLY. The settings are listed below:

* Mixed AL/NL
* Auction draft
* Roto
* $25-50 buy-in, using leaguesafe.com.
* 12/14 teams
* Rosters:
* C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UTIL
* 4 SP, 2 RP, 3 P
* 5-8 Bench spots, 1-2 DL
* 5-10 Keepers, no restrictions
* 5x5 scoring
* R, RBI, HR, OBP, (SB-CS)
* QS, K, (SV+HOLD), ERA, WHIP
* 0-3 minor league slots.

If you have any questions, or are interested in joining the league, please post here or send me an email at fireinthedisco@outlook.com.

I gave ranges on many of the settings because I wanted it to be a consensus between all the owners. When enough owners sign up for the league, I will start a group email so we can hash out the details.

Thanks in advance.
De Ravens
Ballboy

Keeper league in Maryland needs 1 replacement owner. 

Post#55 » by De Ravens » Sun Feb 2, 2014 9:32 pm

An established keeper league in Maryland needs 1 replacement owner. $120 fee (60-30-10 payout after cbs sportsline fee taken out).

10 team AL league. Live auction on Sunday March 30. Email Donald at martin@stat.ncsu.edu for league rules and orphaned team.
Brazil420
Ballboy

First Year Roto Keeper League $100 ESPN League Safe 

Post#56 » by Brazil420 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:21 pm

If you are interested email me @ davidbrazil 90@yahoo.com

Hey everyone, Keeper rules for this league are simple. Each team will be able to keep ANY 3 players from there roster the following year. It will cost u a 10% increase from what there winning bid was the year before. The lowest starting keeper price will be 10 dollars, so with the 10% increase it will be 11(so basically any player auctioned for less than $10 or a free agent pickup will cost u 11 to keep the next year). When the second number of your bid is 5 or higher(15,25 ect) then the 10% rounds up. Any player acquired thru a trade will keep the auction value that his previous owner paid for him.You can make trades up to the keeper deadline in the offseason. Free Agent pick ups freeze 3 days after the championship game. Any player dropped by you must sit thru one full free agent waiver pick up before you can re add that said player(so people don't try and get there stars at a discount next year)

You must bid a min of 1 dollar on any player during the draft.

Starting next year all payments will be required to be in 3 days before the draft to prevent any last second drop outs and gives me time to fill a hole if need be.

I believe all other rules and settings are pretty well laid out in the League Settings. If you have any questions feel free to drop me an email any time
Davidbrazil90@yahoo.com
BASIC SETTINGS (Edit)
League Name
Mr. Met has Blue Balls
Number of Teams
Scoring Type Rotisserie
Format League Manager
Make League Viewable to Public
No
ROSTER (Edit)
Current Roster Size: 29
Total Starters: 24
Total On Bench: 5 (4 DL)
POSITION STARTERS MAXIMUM
Catcher (C) 1 No Limit
First Base (1B) 1 No Limit
Second Base (2B) 1 No Limit
Third Base (3B) 1 No Limit
Shortstop (SS) 1 No Limit
Infielder (IF) 1 N/A
Left Field (LF) 1 No Limit
Center Field (CF) 1 No Limit
Right Field (RF) 1 No Limit
Outfield (OF) 2 N/A
Designated Hitter (DH) 0 No Limit
Utility (UTIL) 2 N/A
Starting Pitcher (SP) 6 No Limit
Relief Pitcher (RP) 5 No Limit
Bench (BE) 5 N/A
Disabled List (DL) 4 N/A
GAMES PLAYED LIMITS (MAXIMUMS) (Edit)
Batters
2106 Games Played (enforced by position)
Pitchers
210 Games Started
SCORING (Edit)
Batting
Batting Average (AVG) Home Runs (HR)
Runs Scored (R) Runs Batted In (RBI)
Stolen Bases (SB) On Base plus Slugging Pct (OPS)
Hits (H) Doubles (2B)
Triples (3B)
Pitching
Earned Run Average (ERA)* Strikeouts (K)
Walks plus Hits Per Innings Pitched (WHIP)* Wins (W)
Saves (SV) Quality Starts (QS)
Holds (HD) Batting Average Against (BAA)*
Strikeouts per 9 Innings (K/9)
*Minimum 1000 IP
TEAM SETTINGS (Edit)
Teams
Team brazil Team Julkowski
Team 3 Team 4
Team 5 Team Mammen
Team 7 Team 8
Team 9 Team 10
Team 11 Team 12
Team 13 Team 14
PLAYER RULES (Edit)
Observe ESPN's Undroppable Players List
Yes
Player Universe
All MLB
ACQUISITION AND WAIVER RULES (Edit)
Lineup Changes
Daily - Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime
Player Acquisition System
Free Agent Auction
Season Acquisition Limit
No Limit
Waiver Process Days and Time
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday at 11 AM
Player Acquisition Budget
Minimum Bid
Free Agent Auction Tiebreaker
Reset Each Week to Inverse Order Of Standings
TRADE RULES (Edit)
Trade Limit
No Limit
Trade Deadline
Friday, August 8, 12PM ET
Trade Review Period
2 Days
Votes Required to Veto Trade
KEEPERS RULES (Edit)
Use Keepers for 2014 Season
No
Use Keepers for 2015 Season
Yes
2015 Keepers Per Team
2015 Keeper Lock Date
Lock One Hour Before Draft
Keeper Note
DRAFT SETTINGS (Edit)
Draft Type Auction
Draft Date
Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 8:00 PM ET
Auction Budget
adambomb3776
Ballboy

DYNASTY LEAGUE IN 1ST YEAR 

Post#57 » by adambomb3776 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:47 am

H2H AUCTION WITH FULL MINOR LEAGUES. 12 TEAM TOTAL STILL LOOKING FOR 6. $100 BUY IN. TOP 4 TAKE THE POT. WE ARE USING LEAGUE SAFE TO SECURE EVERYONE'S LEAGUE FEE. IF INTERESTED LET ME KNOW. ....ADAM
gfriley
Freshman

12 Team Yahoo 6x6 & 5x5 Roto $$$$$ Leagues 

Post#58 » by gfriley » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:19 pm

Looking for some competitive managers for my Yahoo 12 team 6x6 & 5x5 ROTO Leagues. Entry in these leagues are on a first come first serve basis. All but one of the leagues are a returning 6x6 ROTO leagues from last year so if you want to be part of one of these leagues, get in right away. The one new league is a new 5x5 ROTO League. Its a more traditional set-up. If you join a league it will say that the league is for 18 teams. Again these will only be 12 team leagues so only the first 12 to pay will be in. Any questions, just email me at gfriley@aol.com. Use the links below to join a league or email me for an invite.

PAYOUTS WILL BE MADE – I run multiple leagues in multiple fantasy sports every year. I always have returning managers and payouts are ALWAYS made. The easiest way for me to prove to you that payouts will be made is by me sending you screenshots from previous leagues where managers have confirmed they have received their payments and everything was handled properly. So if you have any doubts about being paid out at the end of the year please feel free to ask for the screenshots so you can see the proof. I’ve done this for years now and have never had any issues and payments have always been made. Feel free to ask other managers in the league too if I make payouts. More than likely there will be a couple managers from previous leagues in the leagues.

$150 6x6 ROTO League - Draft is Sunday March 16th 12:00 noon EDT-
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... 2014-02-01
(9 PAID TEAMS! , only 3 open spots left)
(Returning League from last year. Should have plenty of managers from last year in the league)

$200 6x6 ROTO League - Draft is Saturday March 29th 10:00am EDT -
(2 PAID TEAMS! , only 10 open spots left)
(Returning League from last year. Should have plenty of managers from last year in the league)

$250 6x6 ROTO League I - Draft is Sunday March 30th 5:00pm EDT -
(8 PAID TEAMS! , only 4 open spots left)

$250 6x6 ROTO League II - Draft is Tuesday March 25th 8:00pm EDT -
(2 PAID TEAMS! , only 10 open spots left)

$400 5x5 ROTO League - Draft Sunday March 30th 7:30pm EDT -
(4 PAID TEAMS! , only 8 open spots left)
(Brand new League starting this year due to demand for more higher money leagues. More traditional 5x5 ROTO League)

Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 17, 2014
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 162
Max Innings Pitched: 1350
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today
Start Scoring on: Saturday, Mar 22
Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
rotowinner
Ballboy

AL Only Keeper League Startup, $1000 LeagueSafe, Auction 

Post#59 » by rotowinner » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:42 am

Thanks for taking a moment to read my post. I currently run 3 leagues but the one thing that's missing is an AL-Only Keeper League. I'm trying to get an idea if there is enough interest to put a full league together in the next six weeks, so that we can hold the auction in late March or early April (date/time tbd), right around Opening Day.

Here's the proposed basic setup:

Standard 23-man roster for $260 auction dollars. 4 x 4 Roto using Runs Produced. Weekly transactions via FAAB. 2-man bench with separate DL. Online auction with CBS. 100% payout to top 5 teams via LeagueSafe.

This will be a deep league, with 12 or 13 teams.

What kind of owners do I want?

Looking for skilled players who are in for the long haul (think 10-year commitment at least). Looking for owners who do not cause problems in their leagues (you know who you are). Looking for owners who really want to be a part of a special league where the same owners return each and every year.

This league will require all owners to pay a 50% deposit for the following season, in advance. Refundable only if you depart on good terms and with your team in good standing. (I do this in my NL and it has been invaluable for league continuity).

If you wish to be a part of the new AL 1000 Rotisserie Baseball Keeper League, please contact me via email and tell me a little bit about yourself.

Contact rotowinner@aol.com
rjhrolen
Ballboy

20 year old keeper league seeks owner 

Post#60 » by rjhrolen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:41 pm

Hey Guys,
I have an opening for an owner for this coming season. 8 hitting & pitching categories, 40 man roster with 5 minors spots, $150 entry fee, We have a draft March 16th in the southeastern Pa area, face to face in King of Prussia. Interested owners should email Rich. rjhartman65@gmail.com
here are the rules and roster of open team.
Here's the rules and by laws. Let me know what ya think asap. The draft is March 16th at Champps.

The EXTREME Fantasy Baseball League Rules and Bylaws

Categories

1) There are 8 offensive categories.
a) Hits
b) Runs Scored
c) Home Runs
d) Runs Batted In
e) Stolen Bases
f) Batting Average
g) On Base %
h) Slugging %

2) There are 8 pitching categories.
a) Wins
b) Innings Pitched
c) Strike Outs
d) Saves
e) Era
f) K/Inn pitched
g) WHIP
h) holds

3) Each category is worth 10 points for first, 9 for second, 8 for third and so on….
4) This is a cumulative total for each category for the entire season.

Team Set Up

1) There is a 40 man roster.
a) 24 active
b) 12 reserve
c) 5 minors
d) 3 DL
A) 14 hitters active
B) 10 Pitchers active

c) 2 catchers
d) 1 1st baseman
e) 1 2nd baseman
f) 1 short stop
g) 1 3rd baseman
h) 1 middle infielder
i) 1 corner infielder
j) 1 DH
k) 5 outfielders
l) 10 starters and/or relievers

Draft rules

1) Each owner will cut their team down to 20 players or less.
2) At the Draft, each owner will have the opportunity to draft minor league players to fill their 5 minor league roster.
3) The draft will start with the last place team and follow in order of finish, snake format.
4) Owners will then take part in a draft starting with the last place team to fill out their 40 man roster, also snake format.
5)There are no spots reserved for injured players before or during the Draft.
6) 2002 season only: Each team will drop all players except 1 hitter and 1 pitcher. We will then DRAFT back up to a 40 man roster. following the 2002 season the for mentioned rules 1, 2, & 3 will recommence.

Additional Player Transactions

1) You may trade with any owner at any time during the season or in the off season other than after the trading deadline.
2) The trading deadline is August 31st through the end of the major league season.
3) Once the season is over the trade deadline is lifted and add/drops are frozen.
4) After the Draft, an owner may add players and drop players once an established time/date is set.
5) Add/drops are on an unlimited basis from the conclusion of the Draft until the regular season begins.
6) Each player you add must remain on your roster for {5} FULL days, (96 hrs) once the regular season begins, except if injury occurs, then a replacement add/drop may be made or the player can go to the DL and a players can be added at that point. Meaning you can't add 4 guys today and drop them tomorrow for 4 new guys just to add #'s.
7) Players can not be played on the DL unless the site permits it or if they are officially placed on DL status by MLB.
7a)Players must be removed from DL status once activated by their major league teams. If they are not then they will be by the commissioners. (See Players Moves #3.)
8)Players can not be placed in the minors unless the site permits it or they are officially sent down by their Major League Teams.
8a)Players must be removed from ML status once activated by their major league teams. If they are not then they will be by the commissioners. (See Players Moves #3.)
9)Once the season is over there will be a roster freeze except for trades. Trading may resume once the season has ended.

Position Eligibility

1) A player is eligible for a position after having played 5 games at that position the previous season.
2) A player is eligible for a position after having played 1 game at that position during the current season.

Player moves

1) You may change your team line up daily. Hitters and pitchers can be switched before the deadline, one half hour before the first game of the day
2) If you are unable to make changes yourself for whatever reason, a phone call or email before the deadline to the commissioner(s) asking for the change will result in the change you requested, provided it comes before the deadline time for that day.
3) If as a result of a trade or other player move your team is over the 24 active player limit, the commissioner(s) has the right to reserve a player for you so as to comply with the rules. Thus, you won't loose points for that day for having an illegal roster.

Entrance fee and Prize money

1) The entrance fee is $150. Due on or before draft day,
NO EXCEPTIONS.
2) First place - $400
3) Second place - $300
4) Third place - $200
5) Forth place - $150

Here is the roster of the vacant team...
Player Action AB R H 1B 2B 3B HR RBI BB KO SB CS BA OBP SLG Rank
Braun, Ryan LF MIL

570 88 169 102 35 4 28 96 60 127 16 9 0.2965 0.3635 0.5193 10
Rosario, Wilin C COL

440 66 118 71 20 1 26 77 25 100 4 2 0.2682 0.3075 0.4955 67
Gordon, Alex LF KC

620 95 168 109 35 5 19 84 60 138 9 3 0.2710 0.3353 0.4355 71
Donaldson, Josh 3B OAK

570 84 160 101 35 2 22 86 66 112 6 2 0.2807 0.3553 0.4649 88
Cespedes, Yoenis LF OAK

535 78 148 91 27 5 25 85 40 127 6 4 0.2766 0.3270 0.4860 89
Alvarez, Pedro 3B PIT