Thon Maker

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Thon Maker 

Post#1 » by peZt » Sat Feb 8, 2014 10:16 pm

How good will this kid be? I mean some of the moves he does are incredible for a 16 year old 7footer.

Australia will have a crazy good Team in the future with him, Dante Exum and Ben Simmons.

Some people question his age though, because he was born in Sudan. But even if he was 2-3 years older, he'd still be a great prospect.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDZaJFd4aSk[/youtube]
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Re: Thon Maker 

Post#2 » by bigboi » Sun Feb 9, 2014 12:49 am

KG is what popped up when I immediately saw this
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#3 » by Blast Tyrant » Sun Feb 9, 2014 1:54 am

SERIOUS potential. Wow.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Sun Feb 9, 2014 3:08 am

bigboi wrote:KG is what popped up when I immediately saw this

i think this kid is trying to be more of another KD. if you watch him play he likes to drift out past the 3 point line. KG even as a skinny teen owned the paint on both ends.

the improvement he's made in his athleticism has been really impressive though.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ZUDAMAGIC
Veteran
And1: 1,765

Post#5 » by ZUDAMAGIC » Sun Feb 9, 2014 3:13 am

Seen him play in person this past summer crazy potential but he needs to improve his play with more physical players
Roland Brice
Banned User
And1: 2,705

Post#6 » by Roland Brice » Sun Feb 9, 2014 3:36 am

So he's listed at the same age as Seventh Woods? Who's the better prospect?
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#7 » by ManualRam » Sun Feb 9, 2014 3:58 am

thon is older. there will probably some aussies in here who'll claim that he should already be in college.
even if he was older, he'd still be extremely impressive in terms of mobility and coordination for his size.

imo thon maker and josh jackson are 1/2 in either order for '16.
i think josh jackson has the potential to be the next superstar SG.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#8 » by bigboi » Sun Feb 9, 2014 5:04 am

ManualRam wrote:

i think this kid is trying to be more of another KD. if you watch him play he likes to drift out past the 3 point line. KG even as a skinny teen owned the paint on both ends.

His athleticism looked mediocre a year ago, he looks like he can be elite. I can see the KD comparison, sky's the limit for this dude and how old is he?

On another note, class of 2016 has some star potential with Seventh Woods, Thon Maker, Terrence Ferguson, Malik Monk and many more.
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#9 » by miltk » Sun Feb 9, 2014 9:56 am

YES. WITHOUT A DOUBT
beans-boy
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#10 » by beans-boy » Sun Feb 9, 2014 11:07 am

I really can't believe this farce is still ongoing!! The dude is 21 years old!
Tommo1986
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#11 » by Tommo1986 » Sun Feb 9, 2014 2:12 pm

He is 17 years old nuff said crazy potential.. Aussie basketball team will be a force to be reckoned with next few years
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#12 » by doordoor123 » Sun Feb 9, 2014 2:18 pm

Looks a lot like a young Kevin Garnett, but he's even taller.

Apparently, the class of 2016 is going to be as hyped up as this upcoming class. ESPN analysts have been clamoring about it since last year. Well, hope it actually lives up to the hype.
beans-boy
Sophomore

Post#13 » by beans-boy » Sun Feb 9, 2014 2:50 pm

Tommo1986 wrote:He is 17 years old nuff said crazy potential.. Aussie basketball team will be a force to be reckoned with next few years

What? Nuff said? He showed up in Australia with no birth certificate so where's your proof that he's 17? Have you checked his bone density or something?

He was playing state for NSW u16s (so a 15yo) around four years ago! Then he moves to the states and is suddenly three years younger? His handler is known for his dodgy dealings so I would assume nothing when it comes to this guy!
Talent Chaser
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#14 » by Talent Chaser » Sun Feb 9, 2014 3:32 pm

It's crazy no one knows his age, he could be 16-22... Going to be be bizarre when he declares for the draft.
gags1288
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#15 » by gags1288 » Sun Feb 9, 2014 3:43 pm

[quote="ManualRam"]thon is older. there will probably some aussies in here who'll claim that he should already be in college.
even if he was older, he'd still be extremely impressive in terms of mobility and coordination for his size.

i think josh jackson has the potential to be the next superstar SG.[/quote]

Assuming that he completely recovers from the ACL, I think Harry Giles is even better than those two. Looking like '16 has a chance to be even better than '13 at the top.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#16 » by ManualRam » Sun Feb 9, 2014 3:59 pm

bigboi wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

His athleticism looked mediocre a year ago, he looks like he can be elite. I can see the KD comparison, sky's the limit for this dude and how old is he?

On another note, class of 2016 has some star potential with Seventh Woods, Thon Maker, Terrence Ferguson, Malik Monk and many more.

i'm not gonna pretend ik exactly how old he is, but as i predicted, the skeptics from oceania have come. i think there's good reason to be skeptical of his age, but i'll just say that when he came to the states he had the coordination of a boy, a very tall boy. the type of advancement in athleticism and coordination we see from thon is usually seen when a player grows out of that "baby deer" stage, gets accustomed to his body and begins putting on muscle mass...which usually occurs at an earlier age.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#17 » by ManualRam » Sun Feb 9, 2014 4:08 pm

gags1288 wrote:
ManualRam wrote:thon is older. there will probably some aussies in here who'll claim that he should already be in college.

i think josh jackson has the potential to be the next superstar SG.

Assuming that he completely recovers from the ACL, I think Harry Giles is even better than those two. Looking like '16 has a chance to be even better than '13 at the top.

yeah, giles is really good, but we haven't been able to see his progression since he's been injured. josh jackson was fantastic to begin with and he's made another big leap this past year . kid is a basketball genius who can do anything he wants to on the floor.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#18 » by reanimator » Sun Feb 9, 2014 4:16 pm

More impressed with Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum tbh

How is he different than Bender? Why will the laws of physics be any kinder?
beans-boy
Sophomore

Post#19 » by beans-boy » Sun Feb 9, 2014 4:34 pm

ManualRam wrote:
bigboi wrote:
ManualRam wrote:i think this kid is trying to be more of another KD. if you watch him play he likes to drift out past the 3 point line. KG even as a skinny teen owned the paint on both ends.

i'm not gonna pretend ik exactly how old he is, but as i predicted, the skeptics from oceania have come. i think there's good reason to be skeptical of his age, but i'll just say that when he came to the states he had the coordination of a boy, a very tall boy. the type of advancement in athleticism and coordination we see from thon is usually seen when a player grows out of that "baby deer" stage, gets accustomed to his body and begins putting on muscle mass...which usually occurs at an earlier age.

So what are you saying exactly? The leap he made in athleticism and coordination is normal for a 16yo? Or a 19yo??
I think he's almost reached his peak as far as muscle mass goes..
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#20 » by ManualRam » Sun Feb 9, 2014 4:59 pm

beans-boy wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
bigboi wrote:

So what are you saying exactly? The leap he made in athleticism and coordination is normal for a 16yo? Or a 19yo??
I think he's almost reached his peak as far as muscle mass goes..

im saying that he looks like a player who naturally grew into his body and gained athleticism. so yeah, i think he's closer to 17 then say, 21.

he'll still need to fill out his lower body, which he probably can.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to NBA Draft