Yogi ferrel

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

dakobladioblada
Freshman
And1: 10

Yogi ferrel 

Post#1 » by dakobladioblada » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am

6 foot and 178 pound sophomore point guard from indiana. I haven't paid much attention to indiana this year after the departure of oladipo and zeller (I'm an indiana native). Curious, do you see him being a second round pick, undrafted, or possibly should he wait to declare until next year?

18ppg
4 assists
3 rebounds
bulls
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Yogi ferrel 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am

He won't declare.
And I doubt he will ever be a 1st round pick, just too small, Joe Jackson lite in that way.
Marcus Paige is better.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#3 » by Johnlac1 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:55 am

Kind of a Phil Pressey/ Shane Larkin kind of small guard though not quite as fast as those two. Probably more in the T. J. McConnell category but a better athlete and a better shooter. Although he's had to assume a heavy scoring load with Indiana, Ferrell can also make the trick pass. Excellent outside shooter which will boost his stock. Probably a late first round or early second round pick.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:55 am

i like him. he's quick, shifty, strong for his size. digs in defensively. he needs to be surrounded by more offensive ability so the onus isn't on him so much to create offense. hoosiers will at least have better shooting next yr with blackmon and robert johnson (underrated shot maker in his class). they'll have better spacing for yogi to penetrate the gaps.

i think he projects to be a back up, but i wouldn't count him out as a late first next yr. i think he'll be one of the better PGs in the country.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#5 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:39 pm

All I know for sure is I'd hate to have to play against him - he's so pesky. He destroyed Nick "Mr. Consistency" Stauskus (sp?) a couple of weeks ago - who probably thought he had an easy miss-match. But I don't think he'll get drafted because of his size. No way he's 6 foot tall. If Pierre Jackson makes it in the NBA, that might help Yogi get drafted.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#6 » by doordoor123 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:36 pm

You mean 5'11? Not 6'0. Anyways, that inch is a HUGE deal-breaker. 6'0 is already stretching it a bit.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: RE: Re: Yogi ferrel 

Post#7 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 18, 2017 6:31 am

Ruzious wrote:All I know for sure is I'd hate to have to play against him - he's so pesky. He destroyed Nick "Mr. Consistency" Stauskus (sp?) a couple of weeks ago - who probably thought he had an easy miss-match. But I don't think he'll get drafted because of his size. No way he's 6 foot tall. If Pierre Jackson makes it in the NBA, that might help Yogi get drafted.

Yogi, done good Ruz!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.

Return to NBA Draft