Kyle Anderson

Moderator: bwgood77

Julian_U2
Sophomore
And1: 91

Kyle Anderson 

Post#1 » by Julian_U2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:12 am

Is he legit? What is his best and worst case scenario?
Attack the rim, Derrick!
UKWildcatsFan
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Kyle Anderson 

Post#2 » by UKWildcatsFan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:59 pm

In my opinion, Kyle Anderson is legit. He's not going to be a lottery pick but he will be a steal in the late 1st or early 2nd round. The only knock on Anderson is his lack of athleticism, and he could probably put on some more weight. He improved as a shooter, rebounder, and as an all around player. Athleticism will only take you so far, you can be a good NBA player without being a good athlete.
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Post#3 » by GANGSTERDOG » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:39 am

I see him having a Hedo Turkoglu career.

Xbox Live/PSN : Gangsterdog
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#4 » by miltk » Sat Mar 1, 2014 6:40 am

when i look at the projected mock, i think he fits right in at early 20s.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#5 » by tranjSAIC » Fri Mar 7, 2014 7:57 pm

GANGSTERDOG wrote:I see him having a Hedo Turkoglu career.

Xbox Live/PSN : Gangsterdog

Hedo was actually a pretty good athlete for how big he was, I don't think Kyle is anywhere near that kind of athlete. The kid definitely has talent though. Too bad we can take his game and put it in Wiggins body.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#6 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Is the 48% from 3 on 1.7 attempts per game just a result of good shot selection and a short 3 pt line, or does he have NBA range?
themaster07
Veteran
And1: 28

Post#7 » by themaster07 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:Is the 48% from 3 on 1.7 attempts per game just a result of good shot selection and a short 3 pt line, or does he have NBA range?

It's because of good shot selection and a short 3pt line. His shooting has improve but his range is very limited. He only shoots the 3 when he's open.

I love his game. I think he's fun to watch and I would love to have him on my team. However, I would not take him in the lottery. I'd pick him in the later teens to early 20 range. With UCLA's current run and more exposure in the tournament, I can see someone taking him in the lottery though.

At the next level, despite his lack of speed (I do think people underrated his athleticism) I can see him being used the same way as how Shuan Livingston is being used (Coming off the bench, run the secondary unit from time to time and play around w/ matchups). I don't think Kyle has the skillset or mentality to ever put up more than 10 ppg at the next level nor do i believe he can run an offense every night.

Realistically.. what you're going to get is a player that will get you 7 to 8 ppg, 3-5 apg, and 3-5 rpg coming off the bench. He'll get loads of min because he's a VERY SMART player that you can trust on the floor who can play multiple position.
ImageImageImage
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:50 pm

He would be the perfect type of player to play with a starting backcourt of say, Smart and Oladipo, or maybe even Exum and Oladipo, because he could basically play point forward since those guys are not traditional pgs.

Maybe Orlando would take someone like him with their second pick if they get one of those guards with their first.

He's basically a rich man's Boris Diaw but will embrace playing the point.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#9 » by Reckless » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Rare jack of all trades type player, definitely legit player.
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#10 » by willywazza » Tue Apr 8, 2014 7:13 am

He is an incredibly versatile player. A 6'9 point forward with excellent court vision and passing.

A big concern would be his lack of athleticism as I don't know how he'll manage to defend the athletic perimeter players of the NBA.

I guess the Boris Diaw comparisons are reasonable, although I hope his behind doesn't become as inflated as Diaw's did when he was playing for the Bobcats.
Bodie Broadus
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#11 » by Bodie Broadus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:36 pm

I think that whole "lack of athleticism" thing is such a BS cop out. So sick of reading that about Kyle all over the place. He's slow, that doesn't mean he's not an elite athlete. The DIaw comparisons are fair but short sighted. He has a complete floor game whereas Diaw is a weird tweener big who has a European skill set. Kyle is going to have a LONG NBA career.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Bodie Broadus wrote:I think that whole "lack of athleticism" thing is such a BS cop out. So sick of reading that about Kyle all over the place. He's slow, that doesn't mean he's not an elite athlete. The DIaw comparisons are fair but short sighted. He has a complete floor game whereas Diaw is a weird tweener big who has a European skill set. Kyle is going to have a LONG NBA career.

Irony :lol:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to NCAA Basketball