Jordan Adams

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Jordan Adams 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Should be a lottery pick, and I have no idea why the draft blogs have him ranked so low. Just watch him climb, folks.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#2 » by bigboi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:03 pm

After UCLA beats Florida in the tourney(yea I said it) I think he will be a top 10 pick
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#3 » by reanimator » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:19 pm

bigboi wrote:After UCLA beats Florida in the tourney(yea I said it) I think he will be a top 10 pick

Not really going out on a limb there with that prediction.
Pass it
Rookie
And1: 883

Post#4 » by Pass it » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Is he better than PJ hairston? Hairston has a better looking stroke and is stronger in the paint. I haven't watched Adams outside of highlights, anyone know if he can create his own shot?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#5 » by EvanZ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Pass it wrote:Is he better than PJ hairston? Hairston has a better looking stroke and is stronger in the paint. I haven't watched Adams outside of highlights, anyone know if he can create his own shot?

Yes, he can create his own shot. I'd say he'll end up somewhere between Stuckey and Harden in terms of scoring ability.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#6 » by Ruzious » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Pass it wrote:Is he better than PJ hairston? Hairston has a better looking stroke and is stronger in the paint. I haven't watched Adams outside of highlights, anyone know if he can create his own shot?

I like Hairston, but Adams is clearly better at penetrating and creating his own shot. And Adams is probably a better inside scorer with just as much strength. PJ's got as pretty a 3 as anyone I've seen, but he doesn't seem to be as multi-dimensional, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#7 » by miltk » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:33 pm

it is a mystery that his PER is so high and yet he is a second rounder in some mocks and back end of the first round in others. however, he is not of the radar. a scout at a few games at pauley was asked by a poster on a bruin board what he thought of adams, and the reply was that adams is NOT ON THE RADAR.

something is keeping him down there and doing well in the dance will not put him in the lottery.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#8 » by EvanZ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Whatever team hired that scout should fire him.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#9 » by No-Man » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:38 pm

Adams is a stud, can do a little bit of everything and has a really sweet touch, amazing FT shooter.
He needs to work physically but if he puts the work, he can be a really good SG at the next level, I will pick him in the late lotto easily.

Hairston is different, his BBIQ is worse but the guy is a better shooter and stronger, Hairston is built like an NBA player already, and has the body type of a Harden/Pierce kind of athlete.

I like them both in the same range, Hairston is more like a 6th man with a terrific shot and Adams a complete package.
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by miltk » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:45 pm

EvanZ wrote:Whatever team hired that scout should fire him.

my mistake. there were a few scouts - they all have notepads and take notes like crazy. the answer that ja was not on the radar was a consensus answer, so THEY (not he) should all be fired.

i do find it interesting how different sectors think on these matters. when i watch nba tv or charles or kenny or any former player, they place a high value on smarts,,,and think differently from those who actually do the drafting.
Pass it
Rookie
And1: 883

Post#11 » by Pass it » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Ruzious wrote:

I like Hairston, but Adams is clearly better at penetrating and creating his own shot. And Adams is probably a better inside scorer with just as much strength. PJ's got as pretty a 3 as anyone I've seen, but he doesn't seem to be as multi-dimensional, imo.

I agree PJ is pretty one-dimensional. Most of his points come from his 3 point shot. I project him as a more physical T. Hardaway Jr.

I was trying to discern why PJ was rated as mid 1st rounder and Jordan Adams as an early second rounder. It appears that Adams has some playing making abilities, if he show cases more of it as the tourney goes on his stock will jump.
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by miltk » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:55 pm

if pj is going to be a one dimensional player in the nba, he's going to have to be exceptional at it. he has a better nba body is about all you can say, and granted, jordan's body is far from complete :D

48%, 39% doesn't sound too "exceptional" to me, and pj's name doesn't pop up on any metric http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/con ... /2014.html
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#13 » by Mylie10 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:38 pm

The only reason Adams doesn't rank higher is because he plays on the west coast. It's the age old bias. When and if UCLA moves on in these high profile games both Adams and Anderson will climb the draft charts.

This stuff happens every year. Anderson should be right at the top of this draft class as well...the kid is gonna be a really good pro. If Adams stays in the second round he'll be a terrific value pick.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by miltk » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:20 am

Mylie10 wrote:The only reason Adams doesn't rank higher is because he plays on the west coast. It's the age old bias. When and if UCLA moves on in these high profile games both Adams and Anderson will climb the draft charts.

This stuff happens every year. Anderson should be right at the top of this draft class as well...the kid is gonna be a really good pro. If Adams stays in the second round he'll be a terrific value pick.

the bias doesn't extend to players,,,only teams. scouts tend to look at the native talent regardless of competition. we're not talking mid major conference, and every year the p12 does better than almost all conferences in the dance. otherwise why is lavine still so highly thought of when his numbers don't match his evaluation. kyle is a unique player who's skillset has been overanalyzed since high school - there's no way he is over or under estimated unless it's based on his lack of athleticism
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#15 » by babyjax13 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:49 pm

I have him in the late lottery and have since the beginning of the college basketball season. I love watching him play.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by miltk » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Mylie10 wrote:The only reason Adams doesn't rank higher is because he plays on the west coast. It's the age old bias. When and if UCLA moves on in these high profile games both Adams and Anderson will climb the draft charts.

ahem...you were saying? west coast just beat kansas
:D
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mylie10 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:30 pm

miltk wrote:

I live on the West Coast in the Bay Area and very pumped over the Stanford win. Dwight Powell looks like a guy who would be a valuable role player in the L.

But the bias comes from the rest of the country and mostly from the media. The TV contracts have changed things up as well and the Pac 12 plays on their own channel for the most part.

Looking forward to watching UCLA later today to see Adams and Anderson. Also like levine.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mylie10 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:32 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I have him in the late lottery and have since the beginning of the college basketball season. I love watching him play.

I'd have him in the top 10.....the kid does everything on the floor, and just because he does it under control and not a 100 miles an hour shouldn't hold him down.

And yes there is a bias in the media and with the draft boards. They don't watch as much west coast basketball. They just don't.

But we see guys almost every year that are under valued based on how old they are, and sometimes from where they play and who they play against.
Khoee wrote “
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#19 » by brackdan70 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:07 pm

Where ever he gets picked he will be contributing in the NBA next year. He is not as quick or athletic as some guards in the draft, but knows how to play and has the size and shooting ability and all around game to be successful.
Sign here
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by miltk » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
miltk wrote:

I live on the West Coast in the Bay Area and very pumped over the Stanford win. Dwight Powell looks like a guy who would be a valuable role player in the L.

But the bias comes from the rest of the country and mostly from the media. The TV contracts have changed things up as well and the Pac 12 plays on their own channel for the most part.

Looking forward to watching UCLA later today to see Adams and Anderson. Also like levine.

hopefully,,,WE shall meet again. but that's 2 losses by kansas to p12 teams ;)
but i see opposition as a factor more in football than basketball.

Return to NBA Draft