Will Patric Young (Florida) get drafted?

Moderator: bwgood77

TvdH
Ballboy
And1: 0

Will Patric Young (Florida) get drafted? 

Post#1 » by TvdH » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Just wondering what the opinions on Young are. Great body, awesome intensity, but he's slided a lot. Last year, I remember him being a first round pick in different mock drafts. This year, he goes undrafted (nbadraft.net) while Casey Prather and Chris Walker are projected as second round picks.

I wrote about last night's game for my own new blog (www.fastbreak.info), because Young was beastly. Not the stats, just the impact:

With Florida nursing a small lead and Tennessee fighting to make it a one posession game, Young went for an offensive rebound, diving head-first into a pile of Volunteers. While on the ground, he managed to pass the rock out, Florida went on to eat some more clock and that, folks, was all she wrote.

We’ll let coach Billy Donovan break it down. “It was an incredible play, I though, by him. You know, he sold out. Two guys were in front of him, he went past ‘em, made an incredible play and came up with the loose basketball.” Young had four foules by than, as Billy noted, but the rebound was priceless. “There was a lot of time taking off the clock, because of our offensive rebounding.”

It’s no coincedence the Gators got some offensive boards. According to Patric Young, it was a focus point coming in to the game: “Definately, because Jarnell (Stokes) and (Jeronne) Maymon are probably the best rebounders in our league. We know we had to go in there and bleed, battle and fight.”

(http://www.fastbreak.info/ncaa/patric-y ... tennessee/)

So in short, I love this dude's intensity, his physique and I think any skilled NBA big guy-coach can make him a very usefull player. What do you guys think?
hiphop1
Lead Assistant
And1: 32

Re: Will Patric Young (Florida) get drafted? 

Post#2 » by hiphop1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:19 am

My buddy was just telling me about him said he reminded him of Horford LOL. Hes no Horford but I would love this guy on the Celtics if we could get him in the second round or as an undrafted rookie.
Free your mind and your a** will follow
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#3 » by Fresh360Waves » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Someone might take a gamble on him with their last pick.
JohnWooden
Ballboy

Post#4 » by JohnWooden » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:16 am

I really love hes game.
Young has been a tough and solid player. And most important of all, he has the heart to play.
While he's skill set and potential isn't enough to draw people's attention. And he hasn't improved much since sophomore year. Young would become "Reggie Evans" type of player in the NBA if he improve rebounding ability.

After all, I do think he deserves a pick in late second round.

As long as the Gators goes deep in the tournament, Patric Young would probably appears in those mock drafts.
JohnWooden
Ballboy

Post#5 » by JohnWooden » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 am

hiphop1 wrote:My buddy was just telling me about him said he reminded him of Horford LOL. Hes no Horford but I would love this guy on the Celtics if we could get him in the second round or as an undrafted rookie.

We don't have any second round pick this year. We send it to Mavs in the Olynyk trade.
But we really should sign him if he's undrafted.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#6 » by doordoor123 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:51 am

He's really imposing. He was blocking and stealing better last season and he had a better field goal percentage, but this year, he's gone to the free throw line more. Problem is, he can't make free throws. Another problem, all the prospects before him do all the stuff he does, better. He might be doing the little things better though. The things that we don't see in stats. Like screening, etc.

He also lacks athleticism. He has the body, but can't really move it. And his motor only seems to work when he's dunking.

I wouldn't take him unless I thought I could make him better. And I think some teams will like him. But not until the end of the second round.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#7 » by Reckless » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Big, strong body, reliable, I don't know why he wouldn't go in the 2nd round.
inmate347
Senior
And1: 42

Post#8 » by inmate347 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Some team should be able to make him into a reliable bench big to eat up minutes when the starter is in foul trouble. I think Wilbekin is kinda a similar type player regarding his nba future. It really all depends on which team picks them as so many teams use those bench positions on players they view as having potential (even though it goes unrealized 99% of the time).

Return to NCAA Basketball