Jordan Adams

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Dilly
Junior
And1: 73

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#41 » by Dilly » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Glad somebody is returning for UCLA lettssss goooo!!
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#42 » by ColdBlooded » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:15 am

lol you guys are drunk.

Adams has average tools and is barey an average athlete. the guy didnt even have one dunk this whole season.

he's ranked fine by scouts. fringe 1st rounder/ early 2nd. thats where he belongs.

smart that he returned to school.
Sam Hinkie crew.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#43 » by No-Man » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:57 am

He is going to have the ball on his hands a lot, I don't if that's good or not, Bryce Alford is a shooter, and Powell is not a ballhandler, Isaac Hamilton will have Zach LaVine's rol, and the big they got from HS are really raw.

Adams will probably have Anderson role, don't know how well can he manage it, he will start at SF.

Alford-Hamilton
Powell-Hamilton
Adams-Bolden-Allen
Looney-Bolden-Bail
Welsch-Parker

I think it will be an 8 man rotation again with Allen and Bail getting some minutes.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#44 » by ManualRam » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:15 am

i don't think anyone will have anderson's role. there isn't a player capable of replicating that role. i think alford made an exception for him. at his core, alford is a heavy motion guy. i expect them to run more motion and have multiple ball-handlers next yr.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#45 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:33 am

It's probably the right decision by Adams, he has way more room to rise than fall next year. The fault is on the NBA evaluators for somehow having him as a fringe 1st rounder
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,181

Post#46 » by EvanZ » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:27 pm

He should have come out this year. He's only getting older. DX had him going 24.

Big mistake.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#47 » by miltk » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:26 am

EvanZ wrote:He should have come out this year. He's only getting older. DX had him going 24.

Big mistake.

adams is young for his graduating class. 10 months younger than both kyle anderson and tony parker, and a half year older than wiggins. adams filed papers to test the waters, so i think HIS info on his status is better than your/dx's info on his draft status.

no mistake.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#48 » by EvanZ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:50 pm

miltk wrote:
EvanZ wrote:He should have come out this year. He's only getting older. DX had him going 24.

Big mistake.

adams is young for his graduating class. 10 months younger than both kyle anderson and tony parker, and a half year older than wiggins. adams filed papers to test the waters, so i think HIS info on his status is better than your/dx's info on his draft status.

no mistake.

Because the rule is guys who stay in school improve their draft position, right? :crazy:

Once you get on the radar, best just to come out. UCLA might not even make the tourney next year. Adams will only be a year older. Scouts and stat guys account for age, anyway.

He should have tried to get in the best shape of his life the next couple of months and he would have been a mid first-round pick.

Kevin Pelton told me he had Jordan rated #5 statistically. I don't know what information Adams got from his "camp", but it wasn't good.

What exactly is he supposed to improve on that he can't do leading up to the draft? Another year isn't going to do anything for him.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by miltk » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:56 pm

well that's odd, because a couple of bruin fans at a game asked several scouts(who always sit in the rafters notepad in hand) what they thought about adams and they unanimously said "he's not on the radar". his general consensus in the second round by most mocks seconded the thought.

let me leave you with this thought. last year in an interview, jordan was asked about his time in westwood, to which he answered he was a theater arts major "JUST IN CASE" things don't go as planned. ruminate on that statement for a while. most posters to this thread like his game(i'm guessing some like his game because he is an overlooked underappreciated player), i like his game, we all like his game, but as you well know scouts have another agenda and criteria.

EvanZ wrote:
miltk wrote:

Big mistake.

no mistake.

Because the rule is guys who stay in school improve their draft position, right? :crazy:

Once you get on the radar, best just to come out. UCLA might not even make the tourney next year. Adams will only be a year older. Scouts and stat guys account for age, anyway.

He should have tried to get in the best shape of his life the next couple of months and he would have been a mid first-round pick.

Kevin Pelton told me he had Jordan rated #5 statistically. I don't know what information Adams got from his "camp", but it wasn't good.

What exactly is he supposed to improve on that he can't do leading up to the draft? Another year isn't going to do anything for him.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#50 » by EvanZ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:34 pm

From Rex Chapman's blog:
http://irex3.com/2014/04/17/15-nba-exec ... rclassmen/

These NBA execs & scouts ultimately feel that the 6’5 clever-Bruin, should he enter the draft, would ultimately be selected in the 20-40 range. About Adams, they’re saying:

“He doesn’t look like much, but he has a knack.”

“Always overweight, but if a team can trim him down, he can be a super player in this league.”

“Just a basketball player. Finds a way. Long arms and great hands. 95-steals in a college season is spectacular.”

“Not really a knock-down shooter (35.6% fr 3-pt), but a very capable scorer. A steal late in the first-round. Hope he lasts that long.”

“Bigger than you think, quicker than you think – a “garbage-player”. Very interesting late-first.”

“Think he may be too lazy to play in our league. Bad body. Knows how to play, but he gained-weight DURING the season as a guard. Tough to do.”

Mixed opinions, but clearly some scouts love him, pretty clearly could have gone in the first round.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#51 » by ManualRam » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:39 pm

miltk wrote:well that's odd, because a couple of bruin fans at a game asked several scouts(who always sit in the rafters notepad in hand) what they thought about adams and they unanimously said "he's not on the radar". his general consensus in the second round by most mocks seconded the thought.

let me leave you with this thought. last year in an interview, jordan was asked about his time in westwood, to which he answered he was a theater arts major "JUST IN CASE" things don't go as planned. ruminate on that statement for a while. most posters to this thread like his game(i'm guessing some like his game because he is an overlooked underappreciated player), i like his game, we all like his game, but as you well know scouts have another agenda and criteria.

i think most posters like him because of his statistical profile.

he's still a fat wing to me. i don't like fat wings.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by miltk » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:10 pm

EvanZ wrote:From Rex Chapman's blog:
http://irex3.com/2014/04/17/15-nba-exec ... rclassmen/

These NBA execs & scouts ultimately feel that the 6’5 clever-Bruin, should he enter the draft, would ultimately be selected in the 20-40 range. About Adams, they’re saying:

“He doesn’t look like much, but he has a knack.”

“Always overweight, but if a team can trim him down, he can be a super player in this league.”

“Just a basketball player. Finds a way. Long arms and great hands. 95-steals in a college season is spectacular.”

“Not really a knock-down shooter (35.6% fr 3-pt), but a very capable scorer. A steal late in the first-round. Hope he lasts that long.”

“Bigger than you think, quicker than you think – a “garbage-player”. Very interesting late-first.”

“Think he may be too lazy to play in our league. Bad body. Knows how to play, but he gained-weight DURING the season as a guard. Tough to do.”

Mixed opinions, but clearly some scouts love him, pretty clearly could have gone in the first round.

problem with late first,,,it could easily end up second round, and that is incentive enough to stay.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#53 » by EvanZ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:12 pm

ManualRam wrote:i think most posters like him because of his statistical profile.

he's still a fat wing to me. i don't like fat wings.

What you fail to see is that him being "fat" means there is even more upside. If he can do what he did (almost lead the nation in steals) as a "fat kid", imagine what he'll do when he gets in better shape.

Just looking at a guy like Draymond Green, once he got in good shape, he's become one of the NBA's best defenders.

Adams has so much upside, it's ridiculous.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#54 » by ManualRam » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:59 pm

ahh, the magic word of 2013-2014: steals. i'm not fooled by those steals as i still see below average lateral quickness and a very hands-y defender who still gets beat off the dribble.

i question why he isn't in better shape after playing 2 yrs of college ball or having played basketball for as long as he has... as a perimeter player nonetheless. maybe that's just his natural body type.

i'll just disagree with him having so much upside. you're right, i don't see it. he's fat, isn't quick or shifty, has limited shot-creating ability, no explosion around the rim and is just a decent outside shooter.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#55 » by EvanZ » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:58 am

ManualRam wrote:
i'll just disagree with him having so much upside. you're right, i don't see it. he's fat, isn't quick or shifty, has limited shot-creating ability, no explosion around the rim and is just a decent outside shooter.

Explain how he shot 60% TS with a PER of 28.7. Please. I shall enjoy it.

Because if that's what fat Jordan Adams can do, I can't wait to see what a fit JA will do. :D
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#56 » by ManualRam » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:29 am

EvanZ wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

Because if that's what fat Jordan Adams can do, I can't wait to see what a fit JA will do. :D

because he's good at the college level. that doesn't always translate to the pro level which is why its ridiculous to project college players strictly off of stats. the question is how much of his game is actually translatable. some of it is, but imo not enough for him to transpose his effectiveness at the college level to the pro game. if scouts believed in his upside as much as you do, he would've likely declared.
he's not a terrible prospect, but bubble first rounder sounded about right to me.

we'll see if he actually can get fit.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#57 » by EvanZ » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:55 am

ManualRam wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

because he's good at the college level. that doesn't always translate to the pro level which is why its ridiculous to project college players strictly off of stats. the question is how much of his game is actually translatable. some of it is, but imo not enough for him to transpose his effectiveness at the college level to the pro game. if scouts believed in his upside as much as you do, he would've likely declared.
he's not a terrible prospect, but bubble first rounder sounded about right to me.

Maybe you didn't read the quotes from the scouts I posted. Many clearly do believe in his upside.

I think he just got the wrong advice.
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by miltk » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:32 am

EvanZ wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Maybe you didn't read the quotes from the scouts I posted. Many clearly do believe in his upside.

i think you and i agree that jordan has potential in the nba. he has the same 3pt% as harden did in college. personally i'm not confident about his 3s. at 6'5", he has to be more dedicated to his body...

but we disagree on whether he should have stayed. imo he made the correct decision because there's no consensus on him. if theres no consensus then he cannot assume he's a first rounder. in which case he should go for his jr year, where he's STILL YOUNG BTW. nobody leaves in his soph year. you max your effort to raise your draft spot in three years, and if it doesnt happen, then leave if you feel like it. the only people who leave in 2 years are 1dones who boogered in their first year.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#59 » by ManualRam » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 am

EvanZ wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

i did. sounds like a mixed bag. the fact is that adams submitted his name to the nba advisory committee. he got his feedback and based on that info decided to come back another year.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
nickforthreee
Sixth Man
And1: 217

Post#60 » by nickforthreee » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:03 pm

Jordan Adams has changed his mind and officially declared for the draft, i think/hope he will be a first rounder. With the harrison twins returning that might have had something to do with it.

Return to NBA Draft