ImageImageImage

Lebron gets elbowed in the throat by McRoberts (gif)

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

This **** **** is becoming ridiculous 

Post#1 » by thinktellectual » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:06 am

I don't like complaining about the refs. I understand mistakes happen and I subscirbe to the idea that you should never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity/incompetence.

I also think conspiracy theorist are idiots.

But this **** **** is becoming ridiculous.
How come Lebron can't get obvious calls ?

Gets his nose broken, gets 2 flagrant fouls on him whistled as "regular", get whistled for an offensive instead of getting an and1, gets fouled 3 times on the drive and refs call "clean block", gets mauled at midcourt TWICE and they call kick ball. And that's just the past month.

Even Hubie Brown can't help saying how those were fouls and should have been called.

Meanwhile, scrubs like Hibbert get the benefit of the doubt.

All the idiots claiming Lebron gets superstar calls like MJ did need to be strangled with the tape of games from the 90s if they don't choke on MJ's dick before.

Riley needs to choke a bitch.

When Spoelstra had the ball in his hand I could only think how I would have thrown that **** in the crowd and yelled in a ref's face till his face was caked with spittle.

/rant

@mods: I know this wasn't probably the best idea for a thread, but from time to time I need to cool down, and this crap has got to stop. I don't mind all the idiots that hate the Heat because they are entitled little bitches and act like dumped girlfriends because Lebron didn't choose their team. But when the refs and/or the league seem to get in on the hate, it becomes too frustrating.

PPS: That Lee 3 was ok - except they started the time 1 second after Lee caught the ball.
thinktellectual
Rookie

Re: This **** **** is becoming ridiculous 

Post#2 » by thinktellectual » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:25 am

Did I mention how I can't stand Hubie and how he's jizzing in his pants when the Heat are losing ?
Cause I can't **** stand Hubie and how he's jizzing in his pants when the Heat are losing.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,625

Post#3 » by Sign5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:42 am

thinktellectual wrote:Did I mention how I can't stand Hubie and how he's jizzing in his pants when the Heat are losing ?
Cause I can't **** stand Hubie and how he's jizzing in his pants when the Heat are losing.

"There ya go."
thinktellectual
Rookie

Post#4 » by thinktellectual » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:42 am

I feel like this thread needs to be revived (after McRoberts knocked it out with a forearm to the throat).
NBA82
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,037

Post#5 » by NBA82 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:48 am

Honestly I don't think McRoberts had malicious intent. I think he was just trying to foul LeBron hard enough that he wouldn't get an and-1. The problem is that the league justifies that kind of thought process by not calling flagrant fouls when they don't think the player had malicious intent.

The point of flagrant fouls is to protect the players. LeBron doesn't give a **** if McRoberts has malicious intent or not -- a forearm to the throat is a forearm to the throat. It's equally dangerous regardless of intent.

Spo needs to make this an issue and the league needs to send a memo. You can't just destroy a guy to prevent an and-1. If you can't safely foul him without doing something flagrant, then don't foul him. This has happened multiple times to LeBron in the past couple months.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#6 » by dancing2thabeet » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:50 am

defenders will continue with flargant fouls on lebron and refs will continue to not call it... until somebody seriously injures him. but it will be to late then.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
Yaphet Kotto
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,773

Lebron gets elbowed in the throat by McRoberts (gif) 

Post#7 » by Yaphet Kotto » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:23 am

Wanted this dirty play to have its own thread. This is here for all to see, in case anyone actually tries to defend mcroberts.

For anyone saying there was "no malicius intent", He CLEARLY LEADS with his elbow, and was aiming for Lebrons throat/jaw/mouth/nose/eyes, all of which could have seriously injured Lebron, re-broke his already fragile nose, knocked some teeth out, etc etc......

All of this and.........THE REFS CALL IT A CLEAN FOUL.

I CANNOT express how pissed off i am about this, especially after someone broke lebrons nose and turned it into a blood gusher AND THAT WASNT EVEN CALLED FOR ANY KIND OF FOUL.

THIS **** HAS TO STOP. IT HAS TO END. WE YAVE TO KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS AND SPREADING IT EVERYWHERE UNITL THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, THIS IS ****, this is our BEST PLAYER THEY ARE DOING THIS TO, WE COULD LOSE OUR BEST PLAYER because of these fouls abd the precedent the league is setting is that IT OK.

WHY DOESNT SPO SAY ANYTHING?????????!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Also, can anyone tell me why they didnt review the foul???????
Yaphet Kotto
Assistant Coach

Re: Lebron gets elbowed in the throat by McRoberts (gif) 

Post#8 » by Yaphet Kotto » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:25 am

At this point, im almost suprised they didnt call an offensive foul on Lebron for hitting Mcroberts elbow with his throat. :nonono:
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#9 » by dr3am » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:30 am

Jon Connor
Pro Prospect
And1: 951

Post#10 » by Jon Connor » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:40 am

KD literally woulda been beheaded on this play. Flagrant 4 and McBob woulda been banned from the league and burnt at the stake.
Yaphet Kotto
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Yaphet Kotto » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 am

Jon Connor wrote:KD literally woulda been beheaded on this play. Flagrant 4 and McBob woulda been banned from the league and burnt at the stake.

Exactly why im so pissed.
SummitAllstar
Senior
And1: 578

Post#12 » by SummitAllstar » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:50 am

I missed the 2nd half. This is absurd. Was this not even called a flagrant? If he didn't get ejected, he better be suspended for the next game. This is utter Bull-Sh*t.

Also, someone with GB access needs to put this on a new thread on the front page. I don't care if others downplay it, I still want this out there for all to see.
LeBron James: "I feel real good about our team, why wouldn't I? I'm on the team,"
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#13 » by crazy_me_87 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:54 am

its really starting to worry me

this is just weak... you cant stop Lebron conventionally so you try to hurt him?

wow...

cmon NBA do something...

those fouls... this year.... on Lebron... not even the Bad Boy Pistons 25 years ago where allowed to foul somebody like that...

its becoming a habbit of opposing Teams..

if you cant slow down Lebron... Break his nose... or his chin... crack his throat... or if your at it decapitate him^^

seriously what has to happen to Lebron for the Reffs to call a flagrant?

does he need to loose an eye or an arm before anyone does something?

the problem for other Teams is... this is the Playoffs... the Heat will not let such thing happen again... you have guys like Haslem... and i wouldnt want to get into a fight with Birdman either...

at some point someone will snap if such a foul happens again this year... and since it will clearly not be Spo... i bet that Lebrons Teammates will send a message...
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#14 » by dolphinatik » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:54 am

thiis the leagues fault im sorry but they let guys foul Lebron hard all the time. its not fair. nobody should have to take a foul like that but routinely ppl come at Lebron with non basketball play fouls.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
LBJ-ITALY
Pro Prospect
And1: 164

Post#15 » by LBJ-ITALY » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:08 am

How the hell isn't this a flagrant 2?! my Goodness, they called it only a normal foul?!
NBA82
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,037

Post#16 » by NBA82 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:17 am

Still don't think there was malicious intent. At that point, they were down 3 with 50 seconds left and there was no obvious provocation. Doesn't make a lot of sense that McRoberts would choose such a crucial time to go head hunting for the sake of injuring LeBron.

But again, it doesn't matter. It shouldn't matter. The problem is that the refs keep calling it like it matters. When LeBron is going up for an easy lay-up or dunk, he gets walloped. It happened twice in the Pacers game in Indiana, it happens twice per quarter against the Bulls, and it happened with McRoberts tonight. But the refs keep calling it like a "hard foul" because it's clear that the defensive player is just doing whatever is necessary to prevent the and-1, rather than acting out of frustration or an intent to injure. But that's not okay. It doesn't and shouldn't matter.

And the reason they didn't review it is because you have to call it a flagrant on the floor to review it, and they didn't call it a flagrant on the floor. Which is even more of a reason why it should have been called a flagrant. Anything borderline should be called a flagrant to allow for review.
LoveMyHeat
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Post#17 » by LoveMyHeat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 am

^I don't see how you can elbow someone in the neck WITHOUT malicious intent, unless you're saying it was an accident (It wasn't).
Ratchet_Rio
Banned User
And1: 417

Post#18 » by Ratchet_Rio » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:54 am

LeBron is getting the Shaq treatment..because of his physique the league (and ignorant fans) act like other players should be able to foul them any which way they please. Silver is lucky his league's cash cow is a nice guy, other wise he might have got up and punched McRoberts in the mouth.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,498

Post#19 » by HornetJail » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:03 am

First and foremost, I come here no intentions of baiting (nothing I'm saying in this post should get a reasonable person upset).

I am a little surprised McRoberts didn't get a flagrant 1 for that hit, especially given the fact it was a role player vs. a superstar which the league adores. Do I think McBob's hit was a little dirty? Yeah I do. Was it designed to injure? Hell no. Did he KO James Harden world peace style? Did he break the ribs of a guy a foot shorter than him like Bynum? He didn't even deliberately deliver a knee to the balls like this [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kasTHolwOwI[/youtube]. There wasn't a chance to injure. It's a hard foul, probably dirty, but at worst, a stinger the kind of which happens nearly every game. There was no "decapitation", no "head hunting", nobody's "losing an eye" or getting "beheaded" like I'm seeing here. I could fill a thread with dirtier plays that went unpunished or ended up with a flagrant 1. At worst, there should be a fine. This is little more than a "hard foul from the 80s".

Again, just my two cents. Please disagree respectfully.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 8,997

Post#20 » by Bourne85 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:18 am

It's ok Cat fan, just don't get mad when one of ours maliciously "hard fouls" one of yours.

It's coming. Maybe not game 3, maybe not game 4 when we sweep you, but trust me, it will happen.

Return to Miami Heat