ImageImageImageImageImage

Nene

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Re: Nene 

Post#561 » by queridiculo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Dark Faze wrote:i dont even think he should have been thrown out...soft ass stuff all around imo

definitely wont be suspendedl

I don't know, I think he earned himself that second technical when he put his hands on Butler.

Don't think the refs had much of a choice after that.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#562 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Nene being thrown out, and suspended?? LOL idiot by him but this is why no one takes the NBA seriously now such a punk league.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,005

Post#563 » by MrSparkle » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm a Bulls fan and I don't think either should be suspended.

Never really reached level 2, and the timeout was called immediately so who cares if Gortat got up.

All in all the leaving-bench/suspension is awfully dumb and needs to be amended with degrees.

Mindlessly leaving bench to see what's going on or breaking up a fight should be a fine. Joining the fight warrants the suspension.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#564 » by montestewart » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:47 pm

TheBabyMaker wrote:Nene being thrown out, and suspended?? LOL idiot by him but this is why no one takes the NBA seriously now such a punk league.

Thrown out for the second T makes sense, it looked to be escalating. Nene putting his hand on Butler's head was provocative, but far from striking a blow. I don't think that necessarily warrants a suspension, but I'm not very hopeful the league will see it that way.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#565 » by fishercob » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:58 pm

I actually don't think a suspension is warranted here. He didn't throw a punch, didn't choke him. You never know with the league office, but I think the double T/ejection was the right punishment here.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#566 » by bwgood77 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:20 pm

TheBabyMaker wrote:Nene being thrown out, and suspended?? LOL idiot by him but this is why no one takes the NBA seriously now such a punk league.

Punk league? There are probably fewer fights in basketball then each of the other three major sports.
TheBabyMaker
Starter

Post#567 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:31 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Punk league? There are probably fewer fights in basketball then each of the other three major sports.

They don't allow it "fighting" (NBA) and they actually make some money off of it if you do it. Maybe I worded it wrong, not a punk league but a P*ssy league.
TheBabyMaker
Starter

Post#568 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:33 pm

montestewart wrote:

Thrown out for the second T makes sense, it looked to be escalating. Nene putting his hand on Butler's head was provocative, but far from striking a blow. I don't think that necessarily warrants a suspension, but I'm not very hopeful the league will see it that way.

Yes Nene should have been thrown out the game for being a idiot. But a 1 game suspension ????
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#569 » by hands11 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:40 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWoOMg9Wwuo[/youtube][/quote]

Here is what happens.

Nene scores on a great fast break transition and CHI immediately calls a time out. Gortat is on the opposite side of the floor at the Wiz bench and never gets anywhere near the play. Gortat is not getting suspended so forget about that as an issue. That's just silly talk.

After Nene scores, Nene steps on Booker foot first. Then he turn to get up court and his next step lands on Bulters foot.

Butler trying to move up court without his foot able to move gets off balance. Nene left hand moving toward Butler is not a push, its just him getting untangled. If you watch closely, its not Nene pushing Butler that get Butler off balance, its his foot being pinned to the court. You can't move without your foot.

Butler then pushes Nene on the hip and starts coming at him while saying something. That was the first act of aggression. You see it best in one of the last clips of this where you can see Butlers face. He is coming at Nene with a look on his face like he wants to get into it.

With Butler having just pushed him, saying something to him and Butler walking toward Nene, Nene stops to stand his ground. Butler walks into Nene. Nene meets him head to head. Butler then says something else to Nene. Nene after a 3 second stand off grabs Butler and ties him up. First one hand and then two. Which when you think about it makes some sense. You don't want to just stand there and get sucker punched.

They starts to get separated and Nene is backing off while Butler is coming at him. Nene cocks his first for a second but never throws as he is backing up.

Then Nene calmly walks to the bench.

Now before anyone call that a homer view of event, go watch and see for yourself. Butler started it. Butler walked into Nene once Nene stood his ground. That said, Nene should have never leaned his head in. He should have walked away after the stand off and pointed at Butler to get the refs to look at Butlers role in the whole things. Once Nene put his hands on him, he made it easy for the refs to blame him instead.

And most likely it never get to that point if a time out wasn't called. Noah and Booker were right there but neither see what is happening because they have already turned to the bench and started walked that direction. Same can probably be said for the refs. Its actually the time out that allowed his head to head to fester a second or two longer then it did. Normally they would immediately have been separated.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Post#570 » by AFM » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Is Nene an idiot?
If you're gonna fight someone, fight that goon Noah. He probably would have blown his lid and got tossed too.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#571 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Nene won't get suspended. That'd be absurd for such a harmless exchange. There were no blows. They don't suspend guys unless it's like the Artest elbow thing against James Harden.

Josh McRoberts threw an elbow at LeBron's neck and just got a fine. If Nene gets anything, it'll be a fine.

I thought the refs got it right last night. T on Butler and double T on Nene. That was appropriate. Noah obviously just wants Nene to get suspended to give them a chance to get back into the series.
hands11
Banned User

Post#572 » by hands11 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:14 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:Nene won't get suspended. That'd be absurd for such a harmless exchange. There were no blows. They don't suspend guys unless it's like the Artest elbow thing against James Harden.

Josh McRoberts threw an elbow at LeBron's neck and just got a fine. If Nene gets anything, it'll be a fine.

I thought the refs got it right last night. T on Butler and double T on Nene. That was appropriate. Noah obviously just wants Nene to get suspended to give them a chance to get back into the series.

Flash back to the LeDouche arm hook of Songola.
hands11
Banned User

Post#573 » by hands11 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:20 pm

AHH. I finally figure out what Butler said to Nene when they were head to head.

He says.. WHAT YOU WANT

Those are definitely fighting words from where I grow up. That even worst then dropping the FU bomb That's just talk to blow off steam.

But WHAT YOU WANT... that means lets get it on. He may as well of called Nene a bitch.

Butler started it. He pushed Nene
Butler walked into Nene talking smack.
Bulter then effectively said... Lets get it on.. while they were head to head.

All that will be taken into consideration. Nene grabbing the back of his head after all that isn't going to get him suspended.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,916

Post#574 » by DCZards » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Don't know where you grew up, Hands, but where I grew up you just laugh and walk away from someone who says "What you want," which is what Nene should have done. Yelling "What you want" is just selling wolf tickets.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#575 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Yeah there was no real threat there if that's all Butler said. I think Nene was just looking for an excuse to get into it with someone because he was pissed at how they were fouling him and not getting called and Butler's peskiness gave him a target.

He lost his cool and got himself thrown out. It was a rare moment for him. But I don't anything was that bad. It didn't help, but it didn't lose us the game. And none of his actions should merit a suspension.

I think our DC sports induced neuroticism is causing us to overanalyze this.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#576 » by GhostsOfGil » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:29 pm

hands11 wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:Nene won't get suspended. That'd be absurd for such a harmless exchange. There were no blows. They don't suspend guys unless it's like the Artest elbow thing against James Harden.

Flash back to the LeDouche arm hook of Songola.

that is exactly what I was thinking and that was inadvertent.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#577 » by montestewart » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:32 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:Yeah there was no real threat there if that's all Butler said. I think Nene was just looking for an excuse to get into it with someone because he was pissed at how they were fouling him and not getting called and Butler's peskiness gave him a target.

He lost his cool and got himself thrown out. It was a rare moment for him. But I don't anything was that bad. It didn't help, but it didn't lose us the game. And none of his actions should merit a suspension.

I think our DC sports induced neuroticism is causing us to overanalyze this.

Well, if Nene ends up suspended, I think we'll have greater problems than our own neuroticism.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#578 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Nene is a weird dude, man
hands11
Banned User

Post#579 » by hands11 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:10 pm

WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 936

Post#580 » by WallToWall » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:22 pm

well, that sux. We shall overcome!

Everyone needs to step up their game now. Ariza better wake up, and we should quit with the bonehead plays. That will give us a win.

Return to Washington Wizards