ImageImageImageImageImage

Nene

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

[e]
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Re: Nene 

Post#581 » by [e] » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:43 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:Nene won't get suspended. That'd be absurd for such a harmless exchange. There were no blows. They don't suspend guys unless it's like the Artest elbow thing against James Harden.

Josh McRoberts threw an elbow at LeBron's neck and just got a fine. If Nene gets anything, it'll be a fine.

I thought the refs got it right last night. T on Butler and double T on Nene. That was appropriate. Noah obviously just wants Nene to get suspended to give them a chance to get back into the series.

McBob elbow happened during game action. Nene headbutt happened during a dead ball timeout. Those are two very different things. One went for a hard foul during the game, Nene was looking for a fight during a timeout. Let's not compare apples to bananas.

He's a repeat offender as well, he's been suspended 2 games for a headbutt before. Thabeet got 1 game for a headbutt earlier this season, and it was kitten play compared to the Nene altercation.

Considering the circumstances of it being the Playoffs, 1 game suspension is uniform for the NBA. Of course Noah would want him suspended, he did the crime to deserve a suspension - and Nene has been giving Noah fits. No Nene will open up the floor a lot for Noah.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#582 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Induveca wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:I have no idea what he could have been thinking. Why react like that to a love tap from a guy that's smaller than you? At least save that for somebody like Noah. That was some serious Shaqtin' a Fool **** right there. There's no excuse for it and I almost want the team to suspend him if the NBA doesn't.

Things got heated, he didn't throw a punch. Over a period of time getting elbowed, pushed, fouled etc eventually pisses a man off.

If that constitutes a suspension, not just a fine, the NBA has become pretty pathetic.

I'm not asking for the Charles Oakley years or 1990 body slams but a moment of controlled face to face screaming warrants a financial fine in a series of this magnitude. A suspension? Not in my mind.

He grabbed Butler by the neck with both hands. Suggesting that doesn't deserve a suspension is blind homerism.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#583 » by Induveca » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:55 pm

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
Induveca wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:I have no idea what he could have been thinking. Why react like that to a love tap from a guy that's smaller than you? At least save that for somebody like Noah. That was some serious Shaqtin' a Fool **** right there. There's no excuse for it and I almost want the team to suspend him if the NBA doesn't.

Things got heated, he didn't throw a punch. Over a period of time getting elbowed, pushed, fouled etc eventually pisses a man off.

If that constitutes a suspension, not just a fine, the NBA has become pretty pathetic.

I'm not asking for the Charles Oakley years or 1990 body slams but a moment of controlled face to face screaming warrants a financial fine in a series of this magnitude. A suspension? Not in my mind.

He grabbed Butler by the neck with both hands. Suggesting that doesn't deserve a suspension is blind homerism.

If you read my next post I already said he's getting suspended based on precedent. Had to research a bit.....

Go back a few pages.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#584 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Induveca wrote:
DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
Induveca wrote:

If you read my next post I already said he's getting suspended based on precedent. Had to research a bit.....

Go back a few pages.

Sorry, i responded before reading your next post.

Nene definitely deserves the suspension. He's supposed to be a leader on this team and a born-again Christian...not a good look at all.
Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Post#585 » by Mickstix » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Just rewatched the replay.. Still dont see anything worthy of suspension.. Ejection sure, fine yea ok.. Suspension?? Please...
Mick
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#586 » by fishercob » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:28 pm

This will do wonders for Nene's persecution complex. I bet he's going to watch game 4 from an actual cross.

Selfish, unrepentant, beyond disaapointing. 20 year old Bradley Beal had more self control and respect for his teammates.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#587 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Have tried real hard to justify Nene's reaction, but there's just nothing there. What's worse is Butler seems like a good dude, a guy that could fit right in with the Wizards new culture.

Goodness forbid the Wizards are on the brink of elimination, but if it happens, I'd love to see Nene body slam Noah just as the game clock expires.

Get back soon... Go Wiz!!!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#588 » by montestewart » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:51 pm

fishercob wrote:This will do wonders for Nene's persecution complex. I bet he's going to watch game 4 from an actual cross.

Selfish, unrepentant, beyond disaapointing. 20 year old Bradley Beal had more self control and respect for his teammates.

It takes balls to admit you were wrong.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#589 » by montestewart » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:54 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:Have tried real hard to justify Nene's reaction, but there's just nothing there. What's worse is Butler seems like a good dude, a guy that could fit right in with the Wizards new culture.

Goodness forbid the Wizards are on the brink of elimination, but if it happens, I'd love to see Nene body slam Noah just as the game clock expires.

Get back soon... Go Wiz!!!

Yes, Butler seems like a good person. I watched the game with two friends, both in the foster care system, and they both talk a lot about Butler because he came out of a similar background. Hopefully Nene serves his time and by game 5 there's nothing more to it.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#590 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:15 pm

montestewart wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:Yeah there was no real threat there if that's all Butler said. I think Nene was just looking for an excuse to get into it with someone because he was pissed at how they were fouling him and not getting called and Butler's peskiness gave him a target.

He lost his cool and got himself thrown out. It was a rare moment for him. But I don't anything was that bad. It didn't help, but it didn't lose us the game. And none of his actions should merit a suspension.

I think our DC sports induced neuroticism is causing us to overanalyze this.

Well, if Nene ends up suspended, I think we'll have greater problems than our own neuroticism.

Apparently. This suspension is stupid and capricious. Why is him and Butler going head to head with each other being considered a headbutt? WTF did Butler do back to him then if that was a headbutt?

I think it's absurd that you can actually hit someone, not in the context of any sort of legitimate basketball play, and get nothing. But grab him "I know it was you Fredo" style and you get a game? Shouldn't you at least actually have to hit a guy to get suspended?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#591 » by montestewart » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:24 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:
montestewart wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:Yeah there was no real threat there if that's all Butler said. I think Nene was just looking for an excuse to get into it with someone because he was pissed at how they were fouling him and not getting called and Butler's peskiness gave him a target.

He lost his cool and got himself thrown out. It was a rare moment for him. But I don't anything was that bad. It didn't help, but it didn't lose us the game. And none of his actions should merit a suspension.

I think our DC sports induced neuroticism is causing us to overanalyze this.

Well, if Nene ends up suspended, I think we'll have greater problems than our own neuroticism.

Apparently. This suspension is stupid and capricious. Why is him and Butler going head to head with each other being considered a headbutt? WTF did Butler do back to him then if that was a headbutt?

I think it's absurd that you can actually hit someone, not in the context of any sort of legitimate basketball play, and get nothing. But grab him "I know it was you Fredo" style and you get a game? Shouldn't you at least actually have to hit a guy to get suspended?

Headbutt is a little strong. but Nene lowered his head into Butler's head. My view of the events: Nene pushed, Butler pushed back, walked toward Nene and jawed, when they squared off, Nene "head butted" Butler, thne grabbed his head in a not-very-severe open hand slap, then balled his hand into a fist. Who knows what the two said? I count four escalating acts on Nene's part. He might have just been trying to bait Butler or get the team fired up, or it might have been pure frustration on his part. As I've said, I don't agree that he should be suspended, but no player or fan that follows the NBA should be shocked that a suspension resulted.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#592 » by FreeBalling » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:25 pm

This suspension is what make me think the NBA is fixed. Everything from ping pong balls to playoff ref one sided calls. I know I'm a homer, However, I understand why Nene was thrown out and I think that was a little over the top.

A following game suspension for posturing, pushing, taunting and profanity. The players should be deciding the series outcome not the refs. Fouls should be called equal for both teams. This is a Bulls Sh*T call by the league office.

Here is my message to Adam Silver
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#593 » by 80sballboy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:48 pm

A big guy talks about self-control, tries to lead the team, and loses it. There's no excuses for that garbage. No shock that he was suspended. If that was Noah who put his hands on Brad Beal's neck, we would raise holy hell. But he wouldn't do that. Not in the playoffs.

It's so Wiz.
noworriesinmd
Junior
And1: 69

Post#594 » by noworriesinmd » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:50 pm

If you watch from the back, he does not hit Butler but grabs his head. I think the "head butt" was used to have a close conversation. I don't think he should be suspended...that said I'm pissed that we are even discussing this. Imagine if Chicago wins tomorrow...we loose ALL momentum. All the pressure is on us. I don't think we can handle it.

A team LEADER should NEVER put his team in this position.

At least we are used to playing without him
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#595 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:14 pm

montestewart wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:
montestewart wrote:Well, if Nene ends up suspended, I think we'll have greater problems than our own neuroticism.

Headbutt is a little strong. but Nene lowered his head into Butler's head. My view of the events: Nene pushed, Butler pushed back, walked toward Nene and jawed, when they squared off, Nene "head butted" Butler, thne grabbed his head in a not-very-severe open hand slap, then balled his hand into a fist. Who knows what the two said? I count four escalating acts on Nene's part. He might have just been trying to bait Butler or get the team fired up, or it might have been pure frustration on his part. As I've said, I don't agree that he should be suspended, but no player or fan that follows the NBA should be shocked that a suspension resulted.

Sure. So then we can acknowledge that the NBA's rules about this are a joke right?

And as a result of them being a joke, Chicago gets a huge advantage going into game four.

Honestly, I'm not even that mad at Nene about this. I don't think he did anything that bad. I thought the whole scrap was harmless. Nobody even got hit! I'm mad at how utterly stupid the league's response is.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#596 » by montestewart » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:20 pm

^
I'm not happy with Nene. Whether the rules are stupid or inconsistently applied is beside the point, and so is whether I think the suspension is an overreaction. Nene should have realized that his actions could result in a suspension. I'm not surprised that they did, nor are vast numbers of fans and commentators.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#597 » by fishercob » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:49 pm

Monte gets it. Nene's reaction was nut.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,990

Post#598 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:13 am

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
Induveca wrote:

Go back a few pages.

Sorry, i responded before reading your next post.

Nene definitely deserves the suspension. He's supposed to be a leader on this team and a born-again Christian...not a good look at all.

As if that makes you infallible. People fail. They make mistakes. Some of us pray very hard to not do what Nene felt like doing to Jimmy Butler.

DANNYLANDOVER, you can ridicule Nene for making a mistake and I will tell you that only one perfect man walked the earth. Not you, either.
Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,043

Post#599 » by queridiculo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:23 am

This suspension is absurd. There were no punches thrown there was no headbutt, are you **** kidding me?
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#600 » by dandridge 10 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:12 am

montestewart wrote:^
I'm not happy with Nene. Whether the rules are stupid or inconsistently applied is beside the point, and so is whether I think the suspension is an overreaction. Nene should have realized that his actions could result in a suspension. I'm not surprised that they did, nor are vast numbers of fans and commentators.

Agreed. The only person to be blamed for the Nene suspension is Nene. The NBA wouldn't even be in the position to make a wrong decision if he didn't lose his cool. Even more disappointing than his boneheaded action was his failure to acknowledge it was a boneheaded action. He should have apologized to his team.

Return to Washington Wizards