Jordan Adams

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#61 » by No-Man » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:28 pm

He should go top20 definetely, he is a good fit for several teams, including Phoenix, Atlanta, Chicago, OKC and Memphis.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#62 » by ManualRam » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:52 pm

i hope my bulls look past him.
i think the harrisons coming back played a role in his decision. 2 spots around bubble first opened up for him.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#63 » by miltk » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:40 pm

nickforthreee wrote:Jordan Adams has changed his mind and officially declared for the draft, i think/hope he will be a first rounder. With the harrison twins returning that might have had something to do with it.

the twins were top5 players out of high school. the wins and jordan are in different spectrums of the draft. reliance on what the twins do would only make sense if all 3 were approximately in the same part of the draft,,,say if all three were fighting for a spot in the lottery
nickforthreee
Sixth Man
And1: 217

Post#64 » by nickforthreee » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:45 pm

miltk wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:Jordan Adams has changed his mind and officially declared for the draft, i think/hope he will be a first rounder. With the harrison twins returning that might have had something to do with it.

the twins were top5 players out of high school. the wins and jordan are in different spectrums of the draft. reliance on what the twins do would only make sense if all 3 were approximately in the same part of the draft,,,say if all three were fighting for a spot in the lottery

they are all in the same part of the draft, late first round. it doesnt matter what they were ranked coming out of high school it matters what they are ranked now.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Post#65 » by EvanZ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Like I was saying... :lol: :lol:

Maybe he saw this thread.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by miltk » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 pm

nickforthreee wrote:
miltk wrote:

they are all in the same part of the draft, late first round. it doesnt matter what they were ranked coming out of high school it matters what they are ranked now.

hs ratings count. top5 players are watched from the day they're 16. scouts have watched them for years and have built a large portfolio on their traits. top5 players are the most scouted players in basketball, especially when so many are 1done. therefore the top5 players have built cachet and the scouts are not willing to let that go so easily. it's harder for a top5 player to drop than it is for the player like adams who was 40>70 to rise.

example...when the twins, or was it just the pg?, did really well in the dance the first thing that happened was he all of a sudden became a possible 1done once again. in other words, the scout look for validation. this is what happened to jrue holiday. when he did very well in the combines, his stock went back up and one scout said, and i quote "that's the jrue holiday i saw in high school".

cachet matters because scouts see the raw talent, and all that work they put into scouting the player
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#67 » by EvanZ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:54 pm

ManualRam wrote:i hope my bulls look past him.
i think the harrisons coming back played a role in his decision. 2 spots around bubble first opened up for him.

Are you serious? The Bulls need a guy like JA desperately.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#68 » by ManualRam » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:24 pm

EvanZ wrote:

yep, im serious.
i'd hope they target someone more dynamic with a clearly defined, translatable skill. is he an athletic slasher? is he a pure shooter? a defensive stopper? no. he's pudgy jack of all-trades guy with quick hands. who knows how his defense will translate as well with his athleticism and penchant for gambling.
do not want.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
nickforthreee
Sixth Man
And1: 217

Post#69 » by nickforthreee » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 pm

miltk wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:
miltk wrote:

hs ratings count. top5 players are watched from the day they're 16. scouts have watched them for years and have built a large portfolio on their traits. top5 players are the most scouted players in basketball, especially when so many are 1done. therefore the top5 players have built cachet and the scouts are not willing to let that go so easily. it's harder for a top5 player to drop than it is for the player like adams who was 40>70 to rise.

example...when the twins, or was it just the pg?, did really well in the dance the first thing that happened was he all of a sudden became a possible 1done once again. in other words, the scout look for validation. this is what happened to jrue holiday. when he did very well in the combines, his stock went back up and one scout said, and i quote "that's the jrue holiday i saw in high school".

cachet matters because scouts see the raw talent, and all that work they put into scouting the player

I understand what you're saying but if the twins declared they would not be lottery picks, they would be borderline first rounders probably late first which is Jordan's range right now so them not declaring has increased his chances of not slipping into the second which I'm sure influenced his decision.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#70 » by EvanZ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:30 pm

ManualRam wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

yep, im serious.
i'd hope they target someone more dynamic with a clearly defined, translatable skill. is he an athletic slasher? is he a pure shooter? a defensive stopper? no. he's pudgy jack of all-trades guy with quick hands. who knows how his defense will translate as well with his athleticism and penchant for gambling.
do not want.

I can't wait til you have to eat those words. :D
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by miltk » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:41 pm

nickforthreee wrote:
miltk wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:

I understand what you're saying but if the twins declared they would not be lottery picks, they would be borderline first rounders probably late first which is Jordan's range right now so them not declaring has increased his chances of not slipping into the second which I'm sure influenced his decision.

yeah you're right, after i posted i realized it doesn't matter. if they are all at the end of the draft, then that's that. i think maybe my reasoning is only valid for how all 3 would do in the combines. ie, if all 3 do well then the twins would rise higher than adams.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#72 » by SBM » Thu May 1, 2014 1:47 am

Could be a good guy to have as a 4th or 5th option to a team like Atlanta where he can come along slowly and take of the weight issue if he has one
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#73 » by ColdBlooded » Thu May 1, 2014 2:40 am

ColdBlooded wrote:lol you guys are drunk.

Adams has average tools and is barey an average athlete. the guy didnt even have one dunk this whole season.

he's ranked fine by scouts. fringe 1st rounder/ early 2nd. thats where he belongs.

smart that he returned to school.

well..looks like he's entering the draft now.

seems like he's content with a fringe 1st/ early 2nd round selection. i Cant say he will ever move up from that ranking so i cant blame him for leaving now. without Kyle Anderson, there wont be many proven playmakers around him.
Sam Hinkie crew.
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by miltk » Thu May 1, 2014 5:24 am

ColdBlooded wrote:

Adams has average tools and is barey an average athlete. the guy didnt even have one dunk this whole season.

he's ranked fine by scouts. fringe 1st rounder/ early 2nd. thats where he belongs.

seems like he's content with a fringe 1st/ early 2nd round selection. i Cant say he will ever move up from that ranking so i cant blame him for leaving now. without Kyle Anderson, there wont be many proven playmakers around him.

i don't think he'd leave unless he had assurances from a few teams as a first rounder. this is a player who, in an interview last year, said he was majoring in theater arts "in case things don't work out". that is, he's not the type to jump out without a parachute
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#75 » by doordoor123 » Thu May 1, 2014 11:09 am

I watched UCLA all season and I'm still not sure how his game translates to the NBA. Could be on the bench his entire first season, but could also potentially do well right away.

The comparison to James Harden is there, but does it translate in the same way? Harden was knocked for the same reasons (athleticism), but Harden also proved to be extremely intelligent. And Harden had time to grow next to Durant and Westbrook. I don't think Jordan Adams is Harden.

His three-point percentage also scares me a little only because everyone's three-point percentage scares me a little unless it's .390 or higher. But as a shooting guard, he's going to need to hit those.

Again, I feel much more comfortable with Anderson translating to the NBA than I am with Jordan Adams. While Anderson has a higher ceiling and lower floor, he could also do more and be more productive.

I think his best comparison is Jeremy Lamb. And I predict a similar type of career.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#76 » by Marcus » Thu May 1, 2014 4:25 pm

doordoor123 wrote:I watched UCLA all season and I'm still not sure how his game translates to the NBA. Could be on the bench his entire first season, but could also potentially do well right away.

The comparison to James Harden is there, but does it translate in the same way? Harden was knocked for the same reasons (athleticism), but Harden also proved to be extremely intelligent. And Harden had time to grow next to Durant and Westbrook. I don't think Jordan Adams is Harden.

His three-point percentage also scares me a little only because everyone's three-point percentage scares me a little unless it's .390 or higher. But as a shooting guard, he's going to need to hit those.

Again, I feel much more comfortable with Anderson translating to the NBA than I am with Jordan Adams. While Anderson has a higher ceiling and lower floor, he could also do more and be more productive.

I think his best comparison is Jeremy Lamb. And I predict a similar type of career.

isn't Lamb considered to be pretty athletic and 2 years into Lamb's "career" doesn't really project Adams' outlook considering Lamb just got his 1st chance to scratch the surface of his career this year.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#77 » by Ruzious » Thu May 1, 2014 5:10 pm

doordoor123 wrote:I watched UCLA all season and I'm still not sure how his game translates to the NBA. Could be on the bench his entire first season, but could also potentially do well right away.

Lamb's a very gifted but soft player who doesn't do much other than shoot. Adams is a big attacking guard built more along the Wes Matthew and Harden molds.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#78 » by ColdBlooded » Thu May 1, 2014 6:08 pm

miltk wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:

i don't think he'd leave unless he had assurances from a few teams as a first rounder. this is a player who, in an interview last year, said he was majoring in theater arts "in case things don't work out". that is, he's not the type to jump out without a parachute

assurance? no team will assure a prospect of his caliber anything. he just got the word that he's a fringe 1st rounder/ early 2nd. he's fine with that and will now try his best at the combine/workouts to try to help himself.

theater arts is not some great degree lol.
Sam Hinkie crew.
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#79 » by ColdBlooded » Thu May 1, 2014 6:10 pm

Lamb is actually a good athlete. just cus he looks sleepy nd is soft doesnt change that.

Adams is barely an average athlete.

not comparable.
Sam Hinkie crew.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#80 » by Ruzious » Thu May 1, 2014 9:17 pm

:) The Bulls looked like they could use anyone who can make a layup, at this point. Talk about a team desperate for a scorer. But if Rose comes back strong and they use some of their ample cap room, they have a bright future. Gibson was terrific against the Zards. And it's a deep draft to add talent with 2 mid 1sts and a mid 2nd.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to NBA Draft