45th pick 13 of rd 2.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Draft Chat 2014 

Post#165 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:28 am

kurtis48239 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:All on how you look at it,pick him up and stash him,stafford dosent show that hes capable of running this team this season,I could see them looking at other options

not really, we paid him a sh* of guranteed money that's going to count against our cap, be hard pressed to trade him, so wasting this high of a pick especially when we have other needs would be dumb. Though we are trending towards dumb picks

I could see a team out there taking a chance,thinking that det sucks at developing its QB.I wonder how much further he is going to fall,what do you think about dennard ?

i am not highly knowledged about nfl contracts, but i believe if we traded him , we'd have to pay a majority of his salary which would count against our cap. So financially it would make little sense.

I think Denard is going to be a great corner in the NFL, not make a lot of interceptions, but would #1 corner onthis team as well as half of the others
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#166 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:28 am

IMissBarry wrote:Is Clinton Dix on the radar for us?

second round yes, don't think he makes it that far, hope kyle van noy falls to us
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#167 » by kurtis48239 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:29 am

cook is small
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#168 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:31 am

If we take a WR tomorrow, i might just smack the sh* out of mayhew next time i'm in michigan.
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#169 » by kurtis48239 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:32 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

not really, we paid him a sh* of guranteed money that's going to count against our cap, be hard pressed to trade him, so wasting this high of a pick especially when we have other needs would be dumb. Though we are trending towards dumb picks

I could see a team out there taking a chance,thinking that det sucks at developing its QB.I wonder how much further he is going to fall,what do you think about dennard ?

i am not highly knowledged about nfl contracts, but i believe if we traded him , we'd have to pay a majority of his salary which would count against our cap. So financially it would make little sense.

I think Denard is going to be a great corner in the NFL, not make a lot of interceptions, but would #1 corner onthis team as well as half of the others

Awwww,I admit iam not to knowlegeable about contracts either,but if thats the case then yea,his here for awhile.Lets hope dennard falls some more and maybe we move up to get him.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#170 » by ajaX82 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:39 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
ajaX82 wrote:You guys are being way too dramatic. Giving Joe Lombardi, who has worked with Jimmy Graham for years, a very similar weapon? Talk about the perfect OC to utilize Ebron.

Our pass catchers were still lacking. CJ, Tate and then not much. We needed a guy for Stafford to throw to because it is a passing league. We still have picks past the first round...we will fill some holes, don't worry. Next year when our offense is off the chain we can bring this thread up and have a good chuckle.

We addressed most of our offensive issues in FA. Signing tate to boat load of money, Pettigrew to decent money. Bush also can play in the slot, we also have Fauria who should develop. At some point, staffords got to be a QB that makes his receivers better, not the other way around.

Defense wins championships, that's borderline fact, our defense has so many holes and we need talent. i don't know how you could argue that this pick is what Detroit needed

That's definitely not borderline fact. Seattle was a beast but the SB winner trend has been very good offenses and mediocre defenses. Our offense still has some major holes and pass catchers was still a huge need; not sure what to say if you think otherwise. I think we will look D in some of these upcoming rounds though, so that will get addressed. Given the board when we picked I didn't like any of the defensive players.

We will have to agree to disagree.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#171 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:46 am

kurtis48239 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:I could see a team out there taking a chance,thinking that det sucks at developing its QB.I wonder how much further he is going to fall,what do you think about dennard ?

Awwww,I admit iam not to knowlegeable about contracts either,but if thats the case then yea,his here for awhile.Lets hope dennard falls some more and maybe we move up to get him.

problem is that denard is not worth tradin up for. we could get same value probably in the 2nd without givin up assets
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#172 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:58 am

ajaX82 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
ajaX82 wrote:You guys are being way too dramatic. Giving Joe Lombardi, who has worked with Jimmy Graham for years, a very similar weapon? Talk about the perfect OC to utilize Ebron.

Our pass catchers were still lacking. CJ, Tate and then not much. We needed a guy for Stafford to throw to because it is a passing league. We still have picks past the first round...we will fill some holes, don't worry. Next year when our offense is off the chain we can bring this thread up and have a good chuckle.

We addressed most of our offensive issues in FA. Signing tate to boat load of money, Pettigrew to decent money. Bush also can play in the slot, we also have Fauria who should develop. At some point, staffords got to be a QB that makes his receivers better, not the other way around.

Defense wins championships, that's borderline fact, our defense has so many holes and we need talent. i don't know how you could argue that this pick is what Detroit needed

That's definitely not borderline fact. Seattle was a beast but the SB winner trend has been very good offenses and mediocre defenses.

Might be knee jerk from seeing what Seattle did to Bronco's.

Our offense still has some major holes and pass catchers was still a huge need; not sure what to say if you think otherwise. I think we will look D in some of these upcoming rounds though, so that will get addressed. Given the board when we picked I didn't like any of the defensive players.

We have a franchise QB, best receiver in the game, the most dynamic (arguably) rb out the back field, a slot WR who can play outside and is a threat for YAC, 2 big TE , and a RB that compliments Bush.

We have 2 DT, 1 of which struggles to stay healthy, and the other who more than likely will be gone after this season, our #1 CB has a toe injury that our FO says is so serious they can't gurantee he'll be back, we have no depth at Safety , Our we have no one opposite Ansah at DE.

I can see maybe a argument for holes on our offense, but you can't argue the need for talent in our defense, and i emphasize NEED. Given the board when we picked, and depth of this draft. what made sense was to trade down. If Ebron becomes our #2 WR, then my stance may change a little. i just don't get addressing a area that was least of our needs at TE
Q00
Banned User
And1: 2,604

Post#173 » by Q00 » Fri May 9, 2014 3:01 am

Lions are **** stupid. They spend half their capspace on resigning a TE they didn't need, when they desparately needed a CB and could've gotten one with that money instead. And then they compound it by using their 10th pick on another TE!!!

WTF
Q00
Banned User

Post#174 » by Q00 » Fri May 9, 2014 3:03 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
ajaX82 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

That's definitely not borderline fact. Seattle was a beast but the SB winner trend has been very good offenses and mediocre defenses.

Might be knee jerk from seeing what Seattle did to Bronco's.

Our offense still has some major holes and pass catchers was still a huge need; not sure what to say if you think otherwise. I think we will look D in some of these upcoming rounds though, so that will get addressed. Given the board when we picked I didn't like any of the defensive players.

We have a franchise QB, best receiver in the game, the most dynamic (arguably) rb out the back field, a slot WR who can play outside and is a threat for YAC, 2 big TE , and a RB that compliments Bush.

We have 2 DT, 1 of which struggles to stay healthy, and the other who more than likely will be gone after this season, our #1 CB has a toe injury that our FO says is so serious they can't gurantee he'll be back, we have no depth at Safety , Our we have no one opposite Ansah at DE.

I can see maybe a argument for holes on our offense, but you can't argue the need for talent in our defense, and i emphasize NEED. Given the board when we picked, and depth of this draft. what made sense was to trade down. If Ebron becomes our #2 WR, then my stance may change a little. i just don't get addressing a area that was least of our needs at TE

Without a doubt defense is a bigger need than offense. I wouldve been ok adding a superstar like Watkins, but to ignore the defense just to add a so-so player to the offense - at a position you didn't even need, no less - its very frustrating and confusing.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#175 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 9, 2014 3:11 am

Q00 wrote:
Without a doubt defense is a bigger need than offense. I wouldve been ok adding a superstar like Watkins, but to ignore the defense just to add a so-so player to the offense - at a position you didn't even need, no less - its very frustrating and confusing.

Ebron is not a so-so player, he's very much the next Jimmy Gram, and Ajax's did make a good point that lombardi did amazing things w gram in NOL. HOWEVER he's not a #2 WR which was the need, he's not a OT which is a need, and he's not a defensive player which is the need. very frustrating
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#176 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 9, 2014 3:13 am

Q00 wrote:Lions are **** stupid. They spend half their capspace on resigning a TE they didn't need, when they desparately needed a CB and could've gotten one with that money instead. And then they compound it by using their 10th pick on another TE!!!

WTF

ya, i would have like Pettigrew money to go signin a CB. trade Grew for flowers from KC. i wish the NFL had the same CBA rules as the NBA
Sheeeeed
Starter
And1: 226

Post#177 » by Sheeeeed » Fri May 9, 2014 3:42 am

At least Ebron is a receiving tight end. :dontknow:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#178 » by MotownMadness » Fri May 9, 2014 4:05 am

Pretty terrible
Q00
Banned User

Post#179 » by Q00 » Fri May 9, 2014 4:15 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Q00 wrote:

Ebron is not a so-so player, he's very much the next Jimmy Gram, and Ajax's did make a good point that lombardi did amazing things w gram in NOL. HOWEVER he's not a #2 WR which was the need, he's not a OT which is a need, and he's not a defensive player which is the need. very frustrating

We will be very lucky if he is anything close to Graham, but to expect it is a bit much.

They might plan to use him in a similar role, but that doesn't mean he will be as good as him. Pistons can plan to use KCP in the same role as Kobe but that won't make him Kobe.

Ebron will likely be a solid TE of the caliber of Pettigrew. Probem is they just signed a Pettigrew and didn't need another.

If he proves to be as good as Graham or Vernon Davis, and then trade Pettigrew later and have his replacement all set, it could prove to be a good pick in the end. Right now though its very confusing.

Lions do already have that #2 WR filled though with Tate, and I personally don't think the OL is a problem. Its not the best in the league, but its good enough. CB and an upgrade at OLB were really the only glaring needs to me and they have yet to address either of them. Now the best they can do is some 2nd-3rd rate rookies, and CB is the one position where rookies generally don't make an immediate impact, let alone 2nd-7th round picks.

Maybe if/when Suh gets his deal done they will be able to go shopping again in FA after the June 1st waivers, and address the secondary with some vets then.
Sheeeeed
Starter
And1: 226

Post#180 » by Sheeeeed » Fri May 9, 2014 4:24 am

I think thing being over looked here, they're going to use Ebron like the Saints use Graham as a wide receiver.

Return to Detroit Lions