Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

richn4
Ballboy
And1: 0

Tyler Ennis 

Post#1 » by richn4 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:50 pm

hmm Tyler Ennis with the exact same wingspan as MCW - 6' 7.25 "

of course he reminds me more of Burke not MCW and he needs to work on his shooting but a great PNR guy that takes care of the ball

it will be interesting to see how he tests athletically
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Re: Tyler Ennis 

Post#2 » by karkinos » Fri May 16, 2014 8:31 pm

him and deandre kane tested pretty well
36" max vert for ennis
decent agility time at 11.12 although ford is tweeting 2nd best modified lane agility score for ennis but i can't find that stat documented anywhere
shuttle run was good at 2.84

the only slow time was his 3/4 sprint relative to his counterparts, but i don't really put much stock into it
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#3 » by ImHeisenberg » Sat May 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Ennis surprised me with his combine showing. Measured well across the board. He was pegged to play below the rim, but certainly has the athleticism to get up there to dunk or challenge a shot.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Sat May 17, 2014 9:36 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:Ennis surprised me with his combine showing. Measured well across the board. He was pegged to play below the rim, but certainly has the athleticism to get up there to dunk or challenge a shot.

it sure didn't show in college. he was a below average finisher at the rim for even college standards.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#5 » by ColdBlooded » Sat May 17, 2014 9:59 pm

ManualRam wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:Ennis surprised me with his combine showing. Measured well across the board. He was pegged to play below the rim, but certainly has the athleticism to get up there to dunk or challenge a shot.

it sure didn't show in college. he was a below average finisher at the rim for even college standards.

^

he's a below the rim finisher, dont let those numbers fool you ( im not even aware how well he tested out)
Sam Hinkie crew.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#6 » by Blast Tyrant » Sat May 17, 2014 10:40 pm

There were so many doubters on this board earlier this year saying his lack of athleticism would be his undoing in the pros. It looks like this can lay those doubts to rest. He may not be an impact player right off the bat, but he's certainly poised to have a long career in this league.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#7 » by ManualRam » Sat May 17, 2014 11:03 pm

Led Zeppelin wrote:There were so many doubters on this board earlier this year saying his lack of athleticism would be his undoing in the pros. It looks like this can lay those doubts to rest. He may not be an impact player right off the bat, but he's certainly poised to have a long career in this league.

why shouldn't his athleticism still be doubted?
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Blast Tyrant
Banned User

Post#8 » by Blast Tyrant » Sat May 17, 2014 11:28 pm

ManualRam wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:There were so many doubters on this board earlier this year saying his lack of athleticism would be his undoing in the pros. It looks like this can lay those doubts to rest. He may not be an impact player right off the bat, but he's certainly poised to have a long career in this league.

He was the second fastest PG in the shuttle drill which is easily the most important drill in relation to PG's. It shows he has high end agility, which has been a knock on him all year.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#9 » by SBM » Sun May 18, 2014 12:01 am

Ennis standing reach and standing vert are the exact same as Raymond Felton. That would be my physical comparison for him.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#10 » by ManualRam » Sun May 18, 2014 12:15 am

Led Zeppelin wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

He was the second fastest PG in the shuttle drill which is easily the most important drill in relation to PG's. It shows he has high end agility, which has been a knock on him all year.

no it doesn't. it shows that he tested well.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Blast Tyrant
Banned User

Post#11 » by Blast Tyrant » Sun May 18, 2014 12:51 am

ManualRam wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:
ManualRam wrote:why shouldn't his athleticism still be doubted?

Keep telling yourself that. There is zero doubt left that he will be a good player at the next level. He has the size, the length, the quickness, the poise, the smarts and the overall feel for the game needed to succeed.
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#12 » by ColdBlooded » Sun May 18, 2014 12:55 am

Led Zeppelin wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:He was the second fastest PG in the shuttle drill which is easily the most important drill in relation to PG's. It shows he has high end agility, which has been a knock on him all year.

Keep telling yourself that. There is zero doubt left that he will be a good player at the next level. He has the size, the length, the quickness, the poise, the smarts and the overall feel for the game needed to succeed.

whats a successful Ennis career to you?

i just dont see a high ceiling for him. seems pretty average to me.
Sam Hinkie crew.
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#13 » by MalonesElbows » Sun May 18, 2014 12:55 am

He's pretty much all Orlando's at #12. Doubt they use their higher pick on Exum or Smart.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#14 » by ManualRam » Sun May 18, 2014 1:00 am

Led Zeppelin wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:He was the second fastest PG in the shuttle drill which is easily the most important drill in relation to PG's. It shows he has high end agility, which has been a knock on him all year.

i will keep telling myself that because the combine does not dispel anything.

a guy like jimmer killed these agility drills, testing out much better than ennis. didn't change my mind about his lateral quickness either.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Blast Tyrant
Banned User

Post#15 » by Blast Tyrant » Sun May 18, 2014 1:15 am

ManualRam wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:
ManualRam wrote:no it doesn't. it shows that he tested well.

i will keep telling myself that because the combine does not dispel anything.

a guy like jimmer killed these agility drills, testing out much better than ennis. didn't change my mind about his lateral quickness either.

How can you justify using Jimmer as a comparison? He had so many questions coming into the league. He had limited ball handling ability, no hope to be a defensive presence, and no point guard skills. Ennis doesn't have nearly the same deficiencies and is a far more complete player in every aspect. You're comparing apples and jalapenos.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#16 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun May 18, 2014 1:18 am

keep in mind that combine measurements are largely crap. According to the combine, Oj Mayo can jump higher than Westbrook.
richn4
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#17 » by richn4 » Sun May 18, 2014 1:22 am

Ennis standing reach and standing vert are the exact same as Raymond Felton. That would be my physical comparison for him.

c'mon man! untrue

Felton tested at 5'11.5 with a 5'8" wingspan, 15.4 second 3/4 shuttle but a startling 1.3 second quick draw
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#18 » by ManualRam » Sun May 18, 2014 1:36 am

Led Zeppelin wrote:
ManualRam wrote:i will keep telling myself that because the combine does not dispel anything.

How can you justify using Jimmer as a comparison? He had so many questions coming into the league. He had limited ball handling ability, no hope to be a defensive presence, and no point guard skills. Ennis doesn't have nearly the same deficiencies and is a far more complete player in every aspect. You're comparing apples and jalapenos.

No I'm not. You used the results from one testing drill at the combine to dispel the notion that ennis has lateral quickness issues. I'm saying that those results don't mean crap and that those concerns still exist.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#19 » by Dr Positivity » Sun May 18, 2014 1:38 am

It helps him but none of us have had an issue with Ennis' size. He will have defensive concerns for lateral mobility reasons and neither his driving or shooting is guaranteed to work in the pros. I think at the end of the day he will be a fringe top 20 pick
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#20 » by karkinos » Sun May 18, 2014 2:40 pm

i would be surprised if he fell that far

Return to NBA Draft