Glenn Robinson III

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

dancooper
Ballboy
And1: 12

Glenn Robinson III 

Post#1 » by dancooper » Tue May 20, 2014 7:40 pm

"when I step on the court there's no more nice guy" [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSMhsu5pBuc[/youtube]

I really like this guy, I would love to see him play with trey burke again. what do you think of him?
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Re: Glenn Robinson III 

Post#2 » by tmorgan » Tue May 20, 2014 7:46 pm

Yeah, there's no more nice guy, because it's nap time.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#3 » by MinneOOPalis » Tue May 20, 2014 8:27 pm

He is the Tim Hardaway Jr of this draft.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#4 » by Ruzious » Tue May 20, 2014 8:37 pm

I think Hardaway is a much more selfish player than Robinson. Robinson is more of a team player and probably defers a bit too much to his teammates. He will make the spectacular athletic play, but he hasn't shown he can create his own shots, and he needs to stop disappearing for long stretches. He likely is the most physically gifted player from that team.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#5 » by ManualRam » Tue May 20, 2014 8:54 pm

no more mr nice guy? his play on the court says otherwise.

he didn't improve enough from yr to the next both in term of perimeter skill and demeanor. this was supposed to be he and mcgary's team and it became nik and levert's.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#6 » by supaflash » Tue May 20, 2014 9:08 pm

he's interesting, he should have been much more dominant.

Physically, he's really not that far off from Wiggins, similar size, vert, probably not as quick. And he has similar issues, handle, creation, assertiveness, aggression.

He's been a little inconsistent but he has a good stroke and range, he was tops at the combine for the shooting drills. He's got a ton of potential, it's amazing how far he dropped this year, but that just shows you how much each year of underwhelming progress does to 'potential'

I don't know how good his defence is at this point, but if a team really got him focused on that, he could be a great 3 and D guy and a slasher. He's got all the tools for that right now. He reminds me a bit of Wes Johnson and a little bit Ariza. Lots of potential but ones that tend to disappear for stretches. He's not a bad pick though late first, could end up being a huge steal if he puts it together. Or he could be the next Pat Ewing Jr.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Tue May 20, 2014 9:18 pm

I still wish he showed more guard skills. He's got solid wingspan for the 3, but his standing reach and 6'6.75 height are not good. He's on the small side for a 3 who's going to be a 3 and D guy. I think I'd prefer Hairston over Robinson. And Deandre Daniels is probably a better bet to be like Ariza.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#8 » by SBM » Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 am

Standing reach and vertical both better than Matt Barnes. I think he can be solid just like Matt Barnes.

Return to NBA Draft