Kendall Williams

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,183

Kendall Williams 

Post#1 » by Notanoob » Tue May 20, 2014 9:33 pm

Can someone explain to me why there is no love for this guy? I didn't hear much about him during the season, but statistically he looks pretty good.

-Great size, 6'4" tall, although only okay wingspan 6'5.5"
-38% career three point shooter on high volume
-Good A/TO ratio at 2.47, better than just about every PG in this draft class
-2nd best FT rate in this draft class among PGs despite shooting a lot of jumper

Is it just that he's a senior? Or that he has poor hops so he struggles to finish inside (poor 2P%)?

Can someone who has watched him more tell me more about him?
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Re: Kendall Williams 

Post#2 » by ManualRam » Tue May 20, 2014 9:44 pm

i do like his skill level. he's got very good straight line speed. shoots right, but plays like a left-hander with his dribble and ability to pass off the bounce with his left. his quickness going left is very good in particular. he's got good vision, creative passer, high iq, knows how to run a halfcourt offense and PnR too. his finishing around the rim was quite solid as well (~61%).

i think where he gets hurt is, not only will be 23, but he shrunk on big stages. i really liked him during the season but i was put off by him shrinking in tourney action and down the stretch of the season. he played too passively and looked nervous. he looks like he suffers from stretches where his confidence is shot. i also don't think he's as good of a shooter as his % this yr would indicate. something about his release point bothers me. like he snaps it off too quickly and doesn't get enough on the ball. his ball always looks like it's going short.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,183

Post#3 » by Notanoob » Tue May 20, 2014 9:59 pm

Hm, if he finished so well at the rim, why was his 46% overall inside the ark? He take a lot of floaters or long twos?

Also, how did his defense look?
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Tue May 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Notanoob wrote:Hm, if he finished so well at the rim, why was his 46% overall inside the ark? He take a lot of floaters or long twos?

Also, how did his defense look?

the overwhelming majority of his offense was 3's and drives.
his pull up and mid-game are not good. that'll be something he needs to work on to complement his ability to run PnR.

defense is decent. he's got quick hands and good size. stays solid. UNM played a pretty conservative defense because of their lack of depth across the board.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#5 » by SBM » Wed May 21, 2014 6:45 am

I like both Williams and Deonte Burton. I think both can find there way onto teams and play a decent role by there 3rd seasons.

Return to NBA Draft