Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Nene 

Post#621 » by hands11 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:00 am

queridiculo wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
queridiculo wrote:
Butler didn't start a darn thing.

Nene, intentionally or not, bumps into Butler to which he reacted with a slight push.

Butler didn't initiate the head to head contact, and he made no threatening gestures justifying Nene's grab around the neck.

It was 100% self inflicted stupidity by our fearless leader/warrior.

Watch it again my friend. Nene was paying no attention to Butler. Until
Butler put his hand on him in a situation where all Nene is doing is jogging
back on D. It's starts from there. Nene should never have let himself be
baited. No argument there. Butler started it. The video is unambiguous on that.
Nene escalated it. That's where he effed up. But I still say, escalated to exactly what?
Not much imo. Water under the bridge and ultimately a confidence builder for us.

I've watched it countless times, Nene bumps into Butler pretty obviously and it seemed intentional as well.

Even assuming that it wasn't intentional, Butlers little shove was nothing to lose your head over. It happens every damn game, the **** Hinrich pulled on Beal and the elbow by Noah on Ariza were far more egregious and neither of them went full (Please Use More Appropriate Word).

Well then watch again because you are missing what happened.

Nene steps on Bookers foot and when he turns to go up court he steps on Butlers foot and inventively does a hope step to avoid twisting his ankle. Butler being in motion tried to move with his foot pinned by Nene's foot and it causes him to stumble. Nene did not bump into him in any non-normal way or push him though its easy to be fooled into thinking that happened if you don't see what really was going on with their feet.

Nene starts down court looking forward. He isn't paying any attention to Butler.
Butler then say something to him and pushed him in his side sides. This gets Nene's attention so he turns to deal with it. He is standing still. Butler is the one that walks into his space to start something.

From there, Nene screws up by leaning his head into him. Its all down hill from there. While Nene is head to head with him, Butler jaws at Nene saying... WHAT YOU WANT.... Nene leans his head into him farther and then half clubs/half grabs his head with one paw. Then the other. It was like a Bear mauling a baby seal.

Butler starts it by pushing Nene and then 2nds it by walking into Nene talking to him.
Nene stands his ground and then takes it the next level by doing the Vulcan mind meld with him.
Butler takes is the next step by challenging Nene to a fight....saying... What you want.
Nene takes it to the next level by grabbing his head.

Nene got baited. He should know better then that. It might have cost us a game but luckily it didn't cost them two.

Anyway, he will be back next game to help them close this out.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#622 » by montestewart » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:01 am

Don't bother watching it again queridiculo. It doesn't matter if you blow it up full-size on your high-def Thunderbolt and watch it frame by frame. You're still going to see the same thing, just like I did: Nene pushing Butler and never stepping on his foot. In fact, if you have the ability, you can freeze it to clearly show that when Nene's foot comes down, Butler's foot has moved out of the way. Whether Butler's reaction is exaggerated or not, Nene clearly pushes Butler. Efforts to absolve Nene of responsibility for the seminal events leading to his own ejection are clearly tied to his envisioned post-NBA political career. I hear he's a Green.
hands11
Banned User

Post#623 » by hands11 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:04 pm

montestewart wrote:Don't bother watching it again queridiculo. It doesn't matter if you blow it up full-size on your high-def Thunderbolt and watch it frame by frame. You're still going to see the same thing, just like I did: Nene pushing Butler and never stepping on his foot. In fact, if you have the ability, you can freeze it to clearly show that when Nene's foot comes down, Butler's foot has moved out of the way. Whether Butler's reaction is exaggerated or not, Nene clearly pushes Butler. Efforts to absolve Nene of responsibility for the seminal events leading to his own ejection are clearly tied to his envisioned post-NBA political career. I hear he's a Green.

Only you are wrong on several accounts. Nene does step on Booker foot first and then he does step on Butlers foot which cases Butler to trip.

Now if you want to debate steps on over steps into, it doesn't matter. Its Nene;s left foot that causes Butler to trip and its by accident. And he doesn't push him. He actually pull his arm away once he notices they are to close together from their feet getting tangled. It is Butler who overacts to this and challenges Nene after pushing him. Which is the first act of aggression.

As for your claim that accurately describing what happened = absolving Nene for his part. Its doesn't and I didn't do that. Nene was the one that crossed the line by grabbing his head. So he got ejected and suspended.

And now its over. They won game 4 and hopefully they close it out next game.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#624 » by payitforward » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Somebody tell me, please... if Nene is so critical to this team, how come we beat the Bulls easily without him?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#625 » by payitforward » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:35 pm

hands11 wrote:
montestewart wrote:... Nene pushing Butler and never stepping on his foot. ...when Nene's foot comes down, Butler's foot has moved out of the way....

...Nene ...does step on Butlers foot which cases Butler to trip.

Nothing is a better indication of how subjective vision is than absolute certainty. And that's what Hands has been saying all along -- "look at the process not the results" or, sometimes, "look at the results because the process is always flawed."

Those are both right, of course. And, to be fair, this is certainly right:

hands11 wrote:Nene was the one that crossed the line by grabbing his (i.e. Butler's) head.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#626 » by montestewart » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:39 pm

hands11 wrote:
montestewart wrote:Don't bother watching it again queridiculo. It doesn't matter if you blow it up full-size on your high-def Thunderbolt and watch it frame by frame. You're still going to see the same thing, just like I did: Nene pushing Butler and never stepping on his foot. In fact, if you have the ability, you can freeze it to clearly show that when Nene's foot comes down, Butler's foot has moved out of the way. Whether Butler's reaction is exaggerated or not, Nene clearly pushes Butler. Efforts to absolve Nene of responsibility for the seminal events leading to his own ejection are clearly tied to his envisioned post-NBA political career. I hear he's a Green.

Only you are wrong on several accounts. Nene does step on Booker foot first and then he does step on Butlers foot which cases Butler to trip.

Now if you want to debate steps on over steps into, it doesn't matter. Its Nene;s left foot that causes Butler to trip and its by accident. And he doesn't push him. He actually pull his arm away once he notices they are to close together from their feet getting tangled. It is Butler who overacts to this and challenges Nene after pushing him. Which is the first act of aggression.

As for your claim that accurately describing what happened = absolving Nene for his part. Its doesn't and I didn't do that. Nene was the one that crossed the line by grabbing his head. So he got ejected and suspended.

As I've said all along, you are 100% wrong.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#627 » by payitforward » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:50 pm

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:

As I've said all along, you are 100% wrong.

Hands is our Franchise Poster. Which is what he's been saying all along.

And if you can point out the oh... lets call it 80% ratio of incorrectness in what he posts, why that's because you are focussing on results.

You have to focus on Hands process -- and keep in mind that not everyone has a donkey or a tail to pin on it! That's his built-in advantage.

(Note: Hands, don't start getting offended please!! Good humor intended here -- as you know, I enjoy your posts and after all w/o differences of opinion what fun would a forum like this be?)
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#628 » by montestewart » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:52 pm

Yeah hands. I even used "seminal" in the spirit of things. Today, we are all Nene.
hands11
Banned User

Post#629 » by hands11 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:05 pm

So I saw Ted wearing Nene jersey to the game.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,916

Post#630 » by DCZards » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:23 pm

payitforward wrote:Somebody tell me, please... if Nene is so critical to this team, how come we beat the Bulls easily without him?

Because the Bulls' can't score and Ariza (who came in that trade that some posters here still hate :) ) shot out of his mind. If the Zards advance to the next round they'll need Nene's offense and D more than they do against Chicago.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#631 » by nuposse04 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:23 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBQ-jv43sU[/youtube]

This was posted on extremeskins, I have to say, it is kinda cool to see the fans get behind a player like that. We're generally not a very passionate fan base so I kind of enjoyed this.
hands11
Banned User

Post#632 » by hands11 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:39 pm

nuposse04 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBQ-jv43sU[/youtube]

This was posted on extremeskins, I have to say, it is kinda cool to see the fans get behind a player like that. We're generally not a very passionate fan base so I kind of enjoyed this.

I wonder what prompted it. Was it them zooming in on Ted with this Nene jersey ?
Hypnotizer
Rookie
And1: 265

Post#633 » by Hypnotizer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:09 pm

hands11
Banned User

Post#634 » by hands11 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:17 am

Nene is going to be highly motivated next game. So will the rest of the team.

Ouch.
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Post#635 » by Illmatic21 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:11 am

nate33 wrote:
Illmatic21 wrote:Nene's gonna get a solid 4 days of rest.. we better not hear any complaining about him "being sore" for the rest of the playoffs

Has Nene been complaining? He played 36 minutes in Game 1, 39 in Game 2, and was on pace for 36 in Game 3 before being ejected.

Well I saw this tweet:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/458677148799483904[/tweet]
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#636 » by FAH1223 » Sat May 17, 2014 9:30 pm

I think Nene will have to pull a Tim Duncan and lose some weight to increase his effectiveness. I think he's too big and he has to lessen the pressure on his knees and leg.

I'd have him lose 15 pounds... make him go swimming and change his diet this summer. He'll still be strong but smart players know that when you age you gotta mix something up.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#637 » by queridiculo » Wed May 21, 2014 3:15 am

I can't even...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... is-summer/

I'm sure the national team will do wonders for Nene's recovery.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#638 » by closg00 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:41 pm

queridiculo wrote:I can't even...

Oh-boy, I'm surprised that this didn't get much play on the board. We just have to cross our fingers and hope that the wear-and-tear on Nene's hobbled body will be minimal this summer. We are out of trading assets pretty-much.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#639 » by fishercob » Wed May 21, 2014 12:59 pm

queridiculo wrote:I can't even...

It's beyond ridiculous. He should be spending the summer re-making his body to ease wear and tear, instead he's going to come into camp hurt. Just watch. Wiz would be so wise to trade him.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#640 » by FAH1223 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:39 pm

fishercob wrote:
It's beyond ridiculous. He should be spending the summer re-making his body to ease wear and tear, instead he's going to come into camp hurt. Just watch. Wiz would be so wise to trade him.

In Nene's defense, the Brazilian National squad SUCKED last summer and the fans in Brazil booed him during preseason when the Wiz played there cause of injury or rest. He knows he doesn't have a lot of chances left to play for his country with the World Cup this year and the Olympics in Brazil in 2 years.

Return to Washington Wizards