Semaj Christon

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

lakeshow22
Sophomore
And1: 55

Semaj Christon 

Post#1 » by lakeshow22 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Can Semaj Christon still be a lottery pick this year? Most had him in the lottery before the season started but he struggled early on to live up the pre season hype. He's coming off 3 straight games of 20+ points and is started to play his best ball during conference play. The physical tools and talent are still there for him to become a lottery pick this year.

How good is he? What's his potential and upside? Comparison? Is a poor man's John Wall accurate?
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Re: Semaj Christon 

Post#2 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:12 am

I dont see any reason to take him in the lotto. Doesn't have a very high ceiling in my opinion, and he's currently not that great of a player either.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#3 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:35 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:I dont see any reason to take him in the lotto. Doesn't have a very high ceiling in my opinion, and he's currently not that great of a player either.

I agree. He's going to be picked up by a team that need a back-up role or someone that can make contributions right away. Like a team that already has all the leading scorers it needs. Same thing with a player like Brandon Ashley. Should be either a late first or mid-second.

I'm actually thinking his value will drop because teams are looking for superstars in this draft. Most projections have him late first. I think once the draft comes, he might be a second-rounder.

That might change based on his performance in the tournament -- if that team gets there.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:46 am

poor man's wall? nah. i think he has more in common with javaris crittenton. he's an aggressive slasher and he has good size for a point, but his vision, iq and skill are lacking. he's an overrated athlete too. he's more aggressive than quick. i don't see a big difference b/t what he and a guy like jordan clarkson is doing, and i'd have clarkson closer to a 2nd round pick.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#5 » by Kevin Willis » Mon May 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Semaj is a poor man's E. Payton. He can slash and score but doesn't give you the rebounds or court vision. But considering he has good end to end speed he can do some things for sure. I can see where the Wall comparison's come in.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Post#6 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon May 26, 2014 11:41 pm

As long as the Cavs retain their pick - yes, there is a chance he goes in the lottery.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#7 » by LloydFree » Mon May 26, 2014 11:45 pm

There are 14 players who I believe have more potential than Semaj Christon, but he is one of the more under rated prospects in this draft, and anyone who takes him in the 20's likely gets a good NBA player. He is an Alpha, and he has good PG skills, plus, unlike Payton, he can already shoot.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,691

Post#8 » by Fat » Tue May 27, 2014 1:02 am

Semaj Christon = Bigger version Tony Wrotten
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#9 » by Mik317 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:20 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Semaj Christon = Bigger version Tony Wrotten

Wroten is 6'6..Christon is like 6'3.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,691

Post#10 » by Fat » Tue May 27, 2014 1:31 am

Mik317 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Semaj Christon = Bigger version Tony Wrotten

Wroten is 6'6..Christon is like 6'3.

:lol: i never noticed wrotten was that tall, either i got bad eyes or he looks real small on my tv. well anyway i think thats Semaj christons ceiling - tony wrotten
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams

Return to NBA Draft