Thoughts on Jordan Bachynski?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Thoughts on Jordan Bachynski? 

Post#1 » by Hendrix » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Yeah, he'll be 25 when entering the NBA, I'm wondering if you guys think he could step into the NBA and provide some defensive production at the C spot? He seems pretty agile for a guy that is 7'2".

He's had some pretty monsterous block totals, including a win against Oregon with 26 points, 9 rebounds, 9 blocks on 7/8 from the field, and 12/14 from the line, and some nice production w/ 8 blocks in a win against Arizona as well.

Seems like a lot of years we get a senior picked in the 2nd round, or an older big man come over from Europe that ends up producing well in the NBA.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Re: Thoughts on Jordan Bachynski? 

Post#2 » by Blast Tyrant » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Canada's going to be pumping out some serious prospects into this years draft.

Wiggins
Ennis
Ejim
Bachynski
Stauskas

Gotta love it.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#3 » by Johnlac1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Depends on how much muscle he puts on and if he keeps developing as a player. Obviously, spending two years away from the game didn't help. But you're right, he's very agile and has a tremendous wingspan with good timing. Someone will draft him. Gorgui Dieng was somewhat in the same category....near mid-twenties but still defensive minded and athletic enough for a team to risk a draft choice.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#4 » by No-Man » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:14 pm

He needs to work on his body, but I like him as a defensive Center, I hope Dallas could get him in the 2nd round, he has value even if he is 25.
At best he could end up as a poor version of Asik, but that's a pretty good player.

Ejim is good, reminds me of Draymond Green.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User

Post#5 » by Blast Tyrant » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Fischella wrote:He needs to work on his body, but I like him as a defensive Center, I hope Dallas could get him in the 2nd round, he has value even if he is 25.
At best he could end up as a poor version of Asik, but that's a pretty good player.

Ejim is good, reminds me of Draymond Green.

Ejim is WAY quicker and more explosive than Green, though Green is a lot stronger and taller. They're playing style is similar though, I definitely hear you on that. They're both versatile defensively. Ejim should be able to be a role player by his rookie year much like Green.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,338

Post#6 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:48 pm

He would be a perfect 4th big for the Bulls

Noah Taj Mirotic and Bachynski would be nice.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#7 » by cammac » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Led Zeppelin wrote:Canada's going to be pumping out some serious prospects into this years draft.

Wiggins
Ennis
Ejim
Bachynski
Stauskas

Gotta love it.

+ D. Powell

so 6

Love Bachynski as our back-up C on Raptors
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#8 » by Hendrix » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:29 pm

cammac wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:Canada's going to be pumping out some serious prospects into this years draft.

Wiggins
Ennis
Ejim
Bachynski
Stauskas

Gotta love it.

+ D. Powell

so 6

That's what I'm hoping for. If he can prove to provide some good defence in this league, he could be a very good backup for Val.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#9 » by Kevin Willis » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Johnlac1 wrote:Depends on how much muscle he puts on and if he keeps developing as a player. Obviously, spending two years away from the game didn't help. But you're right, he's very agile and has a tremendous wingspan with good timing. Someone will draft him. Gorgui Dieng was somewhat in the same category....near mid-twenties but still defensive minded and athletic enough for a team to risk a draft choice.

Dieng is a really good comp. A serviceable big. If Chicago got him with their defensive bigs it is almost unfair. Jordan and Noah / Gibson is not right.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User

Post#10 » by Blast Tyrant » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:40 am

cammac wrote:

Wiggins
Ennis
Ejim
Bachynski
Stauskas

Gotta love it.

+ D. Powell

so 6

It's worth mentioning Chad Posthumus (Winnipeg) leads the NCAA in rebounding too. Doubt he gets drafted though. He really has no strengths aside from rebounding.
cammac
General Manager

Post#11 » by cammac » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:51 am

Led Zeppelin wrote:
cammac wrote:

Wiggins
Ennis
Ejim
Bachynski
Stauskas

Gotta love it.

+ D. Powell

so 6

It's worth mentioning Chad Posthumus (Winnipeg) leads the NCAA in rebounding too. Doubt he gets drafted though. He really has no strengths aside from rebounding.

Yes Bachynski's brother is also putting up good numbers and Hanlan & Birch but both likely to come out in 2016 draft.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User

Post#12 » by Blast Tyrant » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:56 am

cammac wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:
cammac wrote:
+ D. Powell

so 6

Yes Bachynski's brother is also putting up good numbers and Hanlan & Birch but both likely to come out in 2016 draft.

Trey Lyles from Saskatoon has a chance to be special. He's like Olynyk but he's gonna be good as a Freshman instead of as a Senior.
DarkKnight
Analyst
And1: 672

Post#13 » by DarkKnight » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:02 am

And not going to the NBA (at least not now), but Pangos, Chery, Heslip, Hanlan, Birch, Pierre, and Mullings are all contributors or stars on their teams (Gonzaga, Baylor, Baylor, Boston College, UNLV, Dayton, New Mexico State). With those other 6, that's 13 solid players at the NCAA level, to go along with the handful of young NBA players - Joseph, Bennett, Olynyk, Thompson, Nicholson, Sacre. You only need 12 for international play...hopefully gone are the days when non-players like Barrett and English are the stars of the team. There's even a nice mix of big and small, shooting and playmaking. It should be a fun next bunch of years.

And then Justin Jackson will show up too, so that could be fun - 5 star prospect in the 2016 class.
"JJ is a fineness player." - knickerbocker2k2 (meaning to say "finesse", about James Johnson)
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#14 » by Kevin Willis » Mon May 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Bachynksi's measurements were really, really good at the combine. He can make a difference for a small team willing to take a chance.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
cammac
General Manager

Post#15 » by cammac » Tue May 27, 2014 3:01 am

Kevin Willis wrote:Bachynksi's measurements were really, really good at the combine. He can make a difference for a small team willing to take a chance.

If he was 22 he would be easily in the 1st round likely one of the steals of the draft.
Hoping he is on the Raptors as back-up behind Jonas 6ft11 + Bachynski 7ft2.5" very intimidating C combo
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#16 » by Moooose » Tue May 27, 2014 5:28 am

Well, he's mature. Literally. His game is much more polished than the other European big men in the draft, but his age is something that drags his stock down. But he surely looks like he's ready to contribute on a contending team. Solid physicals, aggressive, and coachable. Reminds me of Jeff Foster, though he's bigger and has a post-up game.

Just when I thought Larry Bird might be looking at this guy, I watched his draftexpress interview and he said that he only had one interview yet and that's with the Pacers.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#17 » by Ruzious » Tue May 27, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm surprised he's not listed on any mocks I've seen - even as a late 2nd rounder. I can't imagine there aren't at least a few teams that would have an interest in him. He and DeAndre Kane have a chance to be undrafted rookies who can carve out NBA roles as rookies, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to NBA Draft