ImageImage

Should the Bucks hire Jason Kidd (as coach pg 43)?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Do you want the Bucks to hire Jason Kidd as POBO?

Yes, I want them to hire Jason Kidd to run the organization
20%
No, I do not want them to hire Jason Kidd to run the organization
80%

Total votes: 343

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Should the Bucks hire Jason Kidd (as coach pg 43)? 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:18 am

I'm going to move the discussion to this clean thread, as I'd like to get a poll in here on this.

Forget about any aspects of Kidd coaching the team. Just take the poll as to whether you'd be in favor of bringing in Jason Kidd to be the President of Basketball Operations for the Bucks.

Remember, this would be the guy who could either hire his own GM/coach or take one or both of those roles for himself, in addition to being POBO. POBO is a title above GM.

I want to take the temperature of people as to Kidd running the show here. The issue of whether he'd be ok solely as the coach is a different bridge we can poll. Right now the buzz is he would (or has) interviewed as POBO.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Re: Should the Bucks to hire Jason Kidd as POBO? (with Poll) 

Post#2 » by machu46 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:20 am

Should add an option of "Sure, if we don't give up any compensation in the process."
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Re: Poll:Do you want the Bucks to hire Jason Kidd as POBO? 

Post#3 » by Zeezprah » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:22 am

i would have to see what the structure is like. if he hired a GM and let the GM do his thing, then whatever.

there's nothing to go off of, that's what's scary. he has no experience.

this all happened so freaking quick (or at least came out quick).

also if we give up a first, i'm gonna be beyond livid.
Wisky3
Sophomore
And1: 27

Re: Poll:Do you want the Bucks to hire Jason Kidd as POBO? 

Post#4 » by Wisky3 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:23 am

Zeezprah wrote:i would have to see what the structure is like. if he hired a GM and let the GM do his thing, then whatever.

there's nothing to go off of, that's what's scary. he has no experience.

this all happened so freaking quick (or at least came out quick).

also if we give up a first, i'm gonna be beyond livid.

Exactly my thoughts. I haven't voted yet because no real details have been released yet.
BigDoggyStyle
Senior
And1: 49

Post#5 » by BigDoggyStyle » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:23 am

Watch Kidd fire Drew and hire Lawrence Frank as head coach.
Wisky3
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#6 » by Wisky3 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:24 am

I just read something hilarious on twitter. I would be okay if the compensation is a 2nd round pick...the one we acquired on draft night from...the NETS. Give them back their pick and call it a day
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#7 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:25 am

machu46 wrote:Should add an option of "Sure, if we don't give up any compensation in the process."

I thought about adding this option. At first seemed like a good idea. But then remember, if the guy you hire to run your organization is really good, you should have no problem giving up some compensation, even if it is a few million dollars or a 2nd round pick.

Ron Wolf gave up a 2nd round pick to hire Mike Holmgren away from the 49'ers. Was an asset extremely well spent.

You either believe in the candidate enough to be willing to offer some compensation, even if minor or you don't.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#8 » by JayMKE » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:25 am

I know you guys have some fantasy about hiring the Spurs autistic ballboy as our GM but you guys are freaking out too much, Kidd is as good as anyone else. He's a HOFer and forgot more about basketball than all you guys will ever know put together.

Now I wouldn't give up anything more than a 2nd rounder, a 1st really would be a disaster.
FREE GIANNIS
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#9 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:25 am

Couldn't just add a poll to the really informative thread?

Sent from your iPad. I'm inside your house
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#10 » by Rockmaninoff » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:25 am

I'm on my smartphone so I can't vote in the poll, but I vote yes.

We should also make it clear that the president of basketball operations is a position above General Manager.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,457

Post#11 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:26 am

I'm fine if he's the coach. Anything beyond that is too much. This is like when I fire Larry Drew in 2k and hire Marcus Camby to be my coach. Has the big name but would otherwise be a terrible idea.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#12 » by Bfinkish » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:26 am

Only if he goes back to this.

God is good.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#13 » by emunney » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:26 am

Carry over on the Phil Jackson discussion: the Knicks hired Phil Jackson because he's got championship rings on his **** feet. Nothing else to talk about. And there are a still a lot of people who thought Dolan was crazy to give him what he wanted. Like Kidd, he's never done this job before.

Last year, people thought the Nets were out of their minds to let Kidd be head coach! Less than a year later, he's staging a failed coup and demanding to get the opportunities most great, established coaches never get? How do you employ this guy?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#14 » by xTitan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:26 am

I can't fathom how any reasonably intelligent person would want this idiot to be president of basketball ops.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,390

Post#15 » by randy84 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:26 am

Maybe Kidd becomes the Bucks' Larry Bird. Pacers blueprint for the win!
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,728

Post#16 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:27 am

We could do better. We could do worse.

I certainly don't like how it all has shaken out. And I don't have a lot of confidence in Kidd's character.

He is loved and revered among current players, and was a quasi executive behind the scenes in the reassurance of USA basketball. Colangelo Sr used Kidd to recruit and put the team together, I believe he was captain, and he did a lot behind the scenes to manage egos. That is all stuff that relates to what a team president would do.

I'm going to reserve judgement until some more information comes out. It certainly is more intriguing than hiring some retread. But I am leaning towards "this is an impending cluster----"
nikip43
Junior
And1: 18

Post#17 » by nikip43 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:27 am

Under the condition of no compensation going to New Jersey.

Under the condition of keeping Morway/Hammond around as a GM/front office/scouting/league connections.

Under the condition that a POBO is the only way of keeping the owners 100% out of basketball decisions (they got their one selection in Parker, now they should be done)…Kidd would provide a specific vision and everyone else does their job from that point on.

Under the condition of keeping Larry Drew as HC to ride out the rough patch that is the next 1-1.5 seasons, then canning him, and having Kidd then go back down to the bench as head coach. I don’t want Kidd in there next season because it’s going to be very rough. Let Drew be the disaster as kids get minutes and then Kidd can be the man riding in to save the day when the time is right.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#18 » by Wooderson » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:27 am

Zero personnel experience is already concerning. Add in that he has a volatile personality and I really don't like it. The best front offices have sustained success through great working relationships from the top down. Is Kidd really the guy to foster that type of environment, even if he hires great scouting talent under him?
DukeH
Senior
And1: 40

Post#19 » by DukeH » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:27 am

Haven't posted in a while but had to say something.

We finally get two amazing talents and great human beings and that POS Kidd is going to be their coach...WHAT?! Pretty damn close to not caring about this team anymore.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#20 » by machu46 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:29 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
machu46 wrote:Should add an option of "Sure, if we don't give up any compensation in the process."

I thought about adding this option. At first seemed like a good idea. But then remember, if the guy you hire to run your organization is really good, you should have no problem giving up some compensation, even if it is a few million dollars or a 2nd round pick.

Ron Wolf gave up a 2nd round pick to hire Mike Holmgren away from the 49'ers. Was an asset extremely well spent.

You either believe in the candidate enough to be willing to offer some compensation, even if minor or you don't.

If that's all the compensation is, sure, but the moment we start talking about first round picks, even if they're protected, this move is off the table IMO.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks