Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR)

Moderator: MadNESS

User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,025
And1: 33,226
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#21 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 10:17 pm

MadNESS wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MadNESS wrote:
I need your email address to invite you to the league


bwgood77@yahoo.com


Your emailed bud, your the last one to sign up and we have 8


I'm in. Man I've been doing 12 team leagues. This is going to have to be some kind of change in strategy for me I guess.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 15,227
And1: 1,872
Joined: Jun 29, 2008
Location: Wisco
Contact:
     

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#22 » by MadNESS » Sat Sep 6, 2014 10:59 pm

We will be cool with 8. Teams will just be a little stacked ha
LAKESHOW
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 15,227
And1: 1,872
Joined: Jun 29, 2008
Location: Wisco
Contact:
     

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#23 » by MadNESS » Sun Sep 7, 2014 3:48 pm

Just a reminder, drafts in 2 hours and 10 minutes.
LAKESHOW
thelakers88
Ballboy
Posts: 7
And1: 1
Joined: Sep 03, 2014
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#24 » by thelakers88 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 5:59 pm

Draft is NOW

Sent from my SGH-I337M using RealGM Forums mobile app
...still drinking that purple and gold Kool-Aid
thelakers88
Ballboy
Posts: 7
And1: 1
Joined: Sep 03, 2014
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#25 » by thelakers88 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 7:42 pm

Don't forget to change this league to PPR or that will screw over teams
...still drinking that purple and gold Kool-Aid
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,025
And1: 33,226
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 9:16 pm

Man, I got to the draft a little late because the sports bar I was at didn't have a great connection (or any seats near enough to get it) so by the time I got it up, my first four picks were made, all RBs, which is fine by me except that three of them have the same bye week.

Then I lost the connection once and missed a pick by seconds where I was going to take Rivers as my backup, and it took Gates for me (WAY too high when he got taken). Then of course Rivers was taken by my next pick and I ended up with Dalton.

Overall, despite all that, I'm pretty happy with my team, though I haven't looked at others, and I always do 12 team leagues, so my team might not be as good as I think it looks.
User avatar
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,800
And1: 2,694
Joined: Jan 23, 2014
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#27 » by iMoreland » Sun Sep 7, 2014 9:53 pm

thelakers88 wrote:Don't forget to change this league to PPR or that will screw over teams
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 15,227
And1: 1,872
Joined: Jun 29, 2008
Location: Wisco
Contact:
     

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#28 » by MadNESS » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:21 am

OhOhChristopher wrote:
thelakers88 wrote:Don't forget to change this league to PPR or that will screw over teams


I did it 5 mins after the draft ended.

Good draft fellas!
LAKESHOW
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,025
And1: 33,226
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#29 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:48 am

Can't believe I benched Sanders for Watkins. Whoever wants Watkins, I accepted your offer.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,025
And1: 33,226
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#30 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Looks like tonight will determine first place for now. Of course it's going against a Lakers fan and I have DeMarco Murray and he has Dez Bryant in a tight game.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 15,227
And1: 1,872
Joined: Jun 29, 2008
Location: Wisco
Contact:
     

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#31 » by MadNESS » Thu Nov 6, 2014 3:15 am

I cannot understand how I beat Chuck by 100 points last week.
LAKESHOW
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,025
And1: 33,226
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#32 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Well, my 7 game winning streak comes to an end. Of course I left a guy in who was out this week.

Looking back at the schedule, I hadn't realized I won last week by .2 points. That had to be a painful loss.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,025
And1: 33,226
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#33 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 3, 2014 4:25 pm

Wow, Lobo Guerrero on fire, and I am on a three game losing streak. Can we meet in the finals so I can take care of business?
LoboGuerrero
Pro Prospect
Posts: 884
And1: 54
Joined: Mar 29, 2009

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#34 » by LoboGuerrero » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:47 am

Congrats bw! Didn't even need to fill TY Hilton's spot to beat me this week. I tried to get cute and bench the injured, Keenan Allen-less Philip Rivers for RGlll and it cost me.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,025
And1: 33,226
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#35 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:54 am

LoboGuerrero wrote:Congrats bw! Didn't even need to fill TY Hilton's spot to beat me this week. I tried to get cute and bench the injured, Keenan Allen-less Philip Rivers for RGlll and it cost me.


Yeah, funny thing is I'd tried to draft Rivers but my computer lost access for that pick.....I forgot to sub Hilton but I did have some luck on my side...(though you could say leaving Hilton in was bad luck and leaving Murray in was risky).

Good matchup and league though. I like the 2 qb leagues.

Is it over or does our matchup carry on to next week?

I hope next year we can get more. I was in other leagues that were super deep. Like 12 teams with 2 qbs (though in espn leagues you can do one qb and an OP (offensive player) so if you don't have a second qb to a bye because 12 teams with 2 qbs is extremely difficult with byes and injuries)....but also with a bunch of flex players (but our league had 2 flexes which is nice because my default draft rankings took 4 rbs first since I couldn't get into the draft...but I didn't mind that at the time since I like having solid backs...though some of the best backs were waiver pickups like CJ Anderson and Jeremy Hill). I also like IDP over team D...it just seems more strategic...JJ Watt was worth a TON this year. I think team D is a bit outdated.

Anyway it has been a fun league...I wish there had been more discussion here but these football boards are a ghosttown which is too bad...I tried to post a thread in the basketball general forum telling people to get involved because I know Howard Mass would like to have more activity in the football forums but tsherkin is strict with what to post where and locked it immediately. Oh well, not much you can do about that.
LoboGuerrero
Pro Prospect
Posts: 884
And1: 54
Joined: Mar 29, 2009

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#36 » by LoboGuerrero » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:24 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
LoboGuerrero wrote:Congrats bw! Didn't even need to fill TY Hilton's spot to beat me this week. I tried to get cute and bench the injured, Keenan Allen-less Philip Rivers for RGlll and it cost me.


Yeah, funny thing is I'd tried to draft Rivers but my computer lost access for that pick.....I forgot to sub Hilton but I did have some luck on my side...(though you could say leaving Hilton in was bad luck and leaving Murray in was risky).

Good matchup and league though. I like the 2 qb leagues.

Is it over or does our matchup carry on to next week?

I hope next year we can get more. I was in other leagues that were super deep. Like 12 teams with 2 qbs (though in espn leagues you can do one qb and an OP (offensive player) so if you don't have a second qb to a bye because 12 teams with 2 qbs is extremely difficult with byes and injuries)....but also with a bunch of flex players (but our league had 2 flexes which is nice because my default draft rankings took 4 rbs first since I couldn't get into the draft...but I didn't mind that at the time since I like having solid backs...though some of the best backs were waiver pickups like CJ Anderson and Jeremy Hill). I also like IDP over team D...it just seems more strategic...JJ Watt was worth a TON this year. I think team D is a bit outdated.

Anyway it has been a fun league...I wish there had been more discussion here but these football boards are a ghosttown which is too bad...I tried to post a thread in the basketball general forum telling people to get involved because I know Howard Mass would like to have more activity in the football forums but tsherkin is strict with what to post where and locked it immediately. Oh well, not much you can do about that.


I think this week was it, but I'm not 100%.

I like the 2 QB thing too, this was actually the first time I'd played a league that started two. And I liked the two flex spots. This was the most interesting league I was in for sure.

I haven't played IDP ever either, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Agreed on the discussion, hopefully it will be better next year. But overall this was a fun league.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,025
And1: 33,226
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#37 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:31 am

MadNESS wrote:Looking to start a yahoo league with 2 QB's and PPR.

Something different. Something fun!

Need 10-12 participants.

When I get enough sign ups, I'll create the league.

1.) MadNESS - Cantmesswithness8@yahoo.com
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)


You gonna do this again this year?
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 15,227
And1: 1,872
Joined: Jun 29, 2008
Location: Wisco
Contact:
     

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#38 » by MadNESS » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:23 am

bwgood77 wrote:
MadNESS wrote:Looking to start a yahoo league with 2 QB's and PPR.

Something different. Something fun!

Need 10-12 participants.

When I get enough sign ups, I'll create the league.

1.) MadNESS - Cantmesswithness8@yahoo.com
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)


You gonna do this again this year?


Yeah as long as you come play my GMAT game! :wink:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=340&t=1400407#start_here
LAKESHOW
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,025
And1: 33,226
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#39 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:42 am

MadNESS wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MadNESS wrote:Looking to start a yahoo league with 2 QB's and PPR.

Something different. Something fun!

Need 10-12 participants.

When I get enough sign ups, I'll create the league.

1.) MadNESS - Cantmesswithness8@yahoo.com
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)


You gonna do this again this year?


Yeah as long as you come play my GMAT game! :wink:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=340&t=1400407#start_here


It seems interesting but I don't know if I have the time. I posted it to the Suns forum but it doesn't seem to have worked.
ThunderFan123
Junior
Posts: 383
And1: 13
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
       

Re: Fantasy Football League (2 - QB's / PPR) 

Post#40 » by ThunderFan123 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:20 am

Too late to sign up for this year?


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Fantasy Football