Nene

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Re: Nene 

Post#661 » by cdouglas » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:58 pm

payitforward wrote:
queridiculo wrote:Maybe somebody should ask him why he can't help acting like a rookie despite his advanced age? Bugs the hell out of me that he managed to get himself suspended once again.

Actually, we are a better team when he doesn't play. Unless that means Seraphin gets most of those minutes. In that case we are a worse team.

interesting, I read most of last season that we're a better team with him on the floor. So without Nen in the playoffs do you think we would've beaten Chicago?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#662 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:07 pm

payitforward wrote:
queridiculo wrote:Maybe somebody should ask him why he can't help acting like a rookie despite his advanced age? Bugs the hell out of me that he managed to get himself suspended once again.

Actually, we are a better team when he doesn't play. Unless that means Seraphin gets most of those minutes. In that case we are a worse team.

This marks your 1,347th negative Nene post. As far as I know, there's no prize for the most.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#663 » by FreeBalling » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:20 pm

That was funny.

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
jangles86
Starter
And1: 937

Post#664 » by jangles86 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 4:46 am

Nene off to a great start this year. He taken his shooting from the playoffs into this season. Playing some great ball right now. Hopefully stays healthy.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#665 » by hands11 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 12:53 pm

payitforward wrote:

Is that what the numbers say ?
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#666 » by closg00 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 9:48 pm

In this episode, host Daniel Leroux (@DannyLeroux) and Amin Elhassan of ESPN Insider (@AminESPN) apply the Nene Test which evaluates if a player and his contract are a net asset to a variety of players including Chris Bosh, Nikola Pekovic and Ricky Rubio.

The two also hit on a variety of other NBA topics including the impact of the massive new TV deal, the deal's impact on team building and the importance of city quality in free agency decisions.
Click here to listen or download.

You can also click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... ew-TV-Deal

What is "The Nene Test"?
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#667 » by LyricalRico » Tue Nov 4, 2014 10:17 pm

closg00 wrote:
In this episode, host Daniel Leroux (@DannyLeroux) and Amin Elhassan of ESPN Insider (@AminESPN) apply the Nene Test which evaluates if a player and his contract are a net asset to a variety of players including Chris Bosh, Nikola Pekovic and Ricky Rubio.

The two also hit on a variety of other NBA topics including the impact of the massive new TV deal, the deal's impact on team building and the importance of city quality in free agency decisions.

What is "The Nene Test"?

That caught my eye as well, and I'm actually listening to the podcast right now.

Basically, the formula for "The Nene Test" is this: when you add up a player and his new contract, does he equal a net positive or negative for his team? Pretty interesting, especially since the answer can be different depending on the team (for example, they think Avery Bradley's deal is a bad one at the moment in Boston but he could be a net positive on the same deal in a place like Houston where he'd be a better fit).

So far (about 1/3 through), I don't think they've said whether or not they consider Nene to be a net positive or negative.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#668 » by nate33 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 10:19 pm

hands11 wrote:
payitforward wrote:

Is that what the numbers say ?

No. The numbers say the exact opposite. In all 3 seasons that we've had him, we've been better with Nene on the floor than off.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#669 » by closg00 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 12:48 am

LyricalRico wrote:
closg00 wrote:

What is "The Nene Test"?

That caught my eye as well, and I'm actually listening to the podcast right now.

Basically, the formula for "The Nene Test" is this: when you add up a player and his new contract, does he equal a net positive or negative for his team? Pretty interesting, especially since the answer can be different depending on the team (for example, they think Avery Bradley's deal is a bad one at the moment in Boston but he could be a net positive on the same deal in a place like Houston where he'd be a better fit).

So far (about 1/3 through), I don't think they've said whether or not they consider Nene to be a net positive or negative.

What did you find-out...can't leave us hanging :)
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#670 » by nate33 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 2:26 am

LyricalRico wrote:That caught my eye as well, and I'm actually listening to the podcast right now.

I recall hearing Bill Simmons discuss Nene in this light. He had been under the assumption that Nene was a net negative, but was surprised to hear so much positive feedback from Washington regarding Nene, enough that he reconsidered his opinion of him. Nene is a guy who can be a negative or a positive, depending on the team.
jangles86
Starter
And1: 937

Post#671 » by jangles86 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:33 am

Giving this team nothing right now! He needs to get his ass in gear cause we need him. We wouldnt be able to trade him for anything. So cmon nene. You're looking like a soft Brazilian grandpa right now!!
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#672 » by fishercob » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:54 pm

bump for merge
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin

Return to Washington Wizards