Silver Believes Some Teams Are Going Through 'Legitimate Rebuilding Process'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Silver Believes Some Teams Are Going Through 'Legitimate Rebuilding Process' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Adam Silver believes the public perception of tanking is a bigger issue than what teams are actually hoping to accomplish.

"I absolutely don't think any team is trying to lose," Silver said in an interview with ESPN's Andy Katz for "Outside the Lines."

"No player is going out there to lose," Silver continued. "In terms of management, I think there's an absolute legitimate rebuilding process that goes on. It's so hard to win in this league, and it's so complex.

"I think what's happened in the case of Philadelphia -- their strategy has been reduced into a tweet. This notion 'be bad to be good.' ... When it gets reduced into a headline, I understand the reaction."

The Philadelphia 76ers have a 2-23 record and have drafted players with pre-existing long-term injuries each of the past two seasons.

Via Andy Katz/ESPN

DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Re: Silver Believes Some Teams Are Going Through 'Legitimate 

Post#2 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:51 am

"and have drafted players with pre-existing long-term injuries each of the past two seasons."

Yeah, they drafted BPA. Nothing wrong with that even if they were injured.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).

Return to Wiretap Discussion