Knicks Allow Carmelo Anthony To Decide Playing Status

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:03 am

Derek Fisher said Carmelo Anthony is in charge of whether he will play through his injured left knee, which was reaggravated on Sunday.

“Carmelo is a veteran player that I think understands his body and where he is and what he’s capable of doing,” Fisher said. “The nights where it’s known that it’s probably best that he’s not out there, he lets us know. We let him know our feelings and what we think and our opinion but he’s a veteran enough player to make those decisions himself.”

Anthony has received expansive treatment on his knee.

“It’s tough," Anthony said. "It’s tough for me physically. But it’s tough to think about that right now. We have nine guys and seeing J.R. and Shump and Cleanthony in a suit and Amar’e resting, it is hard for me to be sitting down.’’

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Re: Knicks Allow Carmelo Anthony To Decide Playing Status 

Post#2 » by Wo1verine » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:30 am

Franchise is a mess.
BrunoSkull
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,085

Post#3 » by moocow007 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:50 am

Just rest. There is no point in making the knee worse by playing through it. Just go back 20 years and see what happened to Bernard King trying to carry an otherwise talentless Knicks team through a miserable season. He blows out his knees playing huge minutes in meaningless games and next season the Knicks end up drafting Patrick Ewing. Had the Knicks and King taken it easy they could have had ROY Ewing and a 29 year old King tag teaming for the next half decade. While there is likely no Ewing type in this draft this season is eerily similar to that one (1984-85 season) otherwise in so many facets.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#4 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:58 am

:banghead: :crazy: :noway: :nonono: :banghead:

What injury? This is all bull ****!
:beer: RIP mags
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#5 » by your boy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:08 am

That first pick
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#6 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:42 pm

At least he will get to wear some nice suites while on the bench with the big paycheck he got this offseason.
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#7 » by rocketsballin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:21 pm

if they cant make it in the east they should stop fooling themselves and tank. take melo out for the season. bargnani isnt gonna save the season. maybe a chandler and bargnani could've helped kept them on the playoff bubble till the team figures itself out. whats that guy, dalembert getting beat out by cole aldrich and jason smith and undersized quincy acy
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#8 » by Flight33 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Sit him out for the next 10 games or so. They aren't making the playoffs anyway, might as well tank for that #1 pick.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#9 » by 2thehoopand1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Cool ? I guess
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#10 » by DJ3thenew23 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:29 pm

rocketsballin wrote:if they cant make it in the east they should stop fooling themselves and tank. take melo out for the season. bargnani isnt gonna save the season. maybe a chandler and bargnani could've helped kept them on the playoff bubble till the team figures itself out. whats that guy, dalembert getting beat out by cole aldrich and jason smith and undersized quincy acy

Flight33 wrote:Sit him out for the next 10 games or so. They aren't making the playoffs anyway, might as well tank for that #1 pick.

So it's okay for the Knicks to tank now, but when it's the Sixers everybody throws a fit. Smh :banghead:
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
Mr Tom Tolbert
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#11 » by Mr Tom Tolbert » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:59 pm

So it's okay for the Knicks to tank now, but when it's the Sixers everybody throws a fit. Smh :banghead:[/quote]No one gives a crap about the sixers. Stop your crying. Also, anyone who uses that homo internet lingo like smh should never stop being slapped in the face. I don't get you kids.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#12 » by puja21 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:33 pm

moocow007 wrote:Just rest. There is no point in making the knee worse by playing through it. Just go back 20 years and see what happened to Bernard King trying to carry an otherwise talentless Knicks team through a miserable season. He blows out his knees playing huge minutes in meaningless games and next season the Knicks end up drafting Patrick Ewing. Had the Knicks and King taken it easy they could have had ROY Ewing and a 29 year old King tag teaming for the next half decade. While there is likely no Ewing type in this draft this season is eerily similar to that one (1984-85 season) otherwise in so many facets.

interesting comparison

sports medicine especially with knees has come a long way in 30 years... but in the current NBA there is no worse position than being saddled with a massive guaranteed contract for an injured player over 30

With Stoudemire being so recent too, you would think the risk would be apparent and great enough to at least consider babying melo this year
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#13 » by DJ3thenew23 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:52 am

Mr Tom Tolbert wrote:So it's okay for the Knicks to tank now, but when it's the Sixers everybody throws a fit. Smh :banghead:No one gives a crap about the sixers. Stop your crying. Also, anyone who uses that homo internet lingo like smh should never stop being slapped in the face. I don't get you kids.

How about you learn to use the quote button before you try to insult me, okay? :lol:
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
imborj
Senior
And1: 53

Post#14 » by imborj » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:52 am

remember that 1 season david robinson sat out and the spurs sucked like azz?
they got timmy d the following year and won it.

not saying that will happen, but its probably better for all parties involved :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#15 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:42 am

So after the Knicks give him a max contract of $124 million, he all of a sudden needs "maintenance" days off even though there's nothing wrong with his knee. He admitted this himself. Just "fatigue; no soreness." Get his fugazy azz out of town.
Free Palestine

Return to Wiretap Discussion