LeBron: Cavs Not Very Good Right Now

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:52 am

LeBron James assessed the Cleveland Cavaliers' play so far, after dropping 18-12 for the season with Sunday's blowout home loss to the Detroit Pistons.

"We're not a very good team," James said. "As far as on the court, we're still trying to find our way as well. We've won some good games, we've lost some games. But right now, we're just not very good in every aspect of the game that we need to be to compete every night."

The Cavaliers are 11-6 at home.

"I can't tell you what it was," Kevin Love said. "We need to play better in front of our home crowd, home fans, and it's just unacceptable."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Re: LeBron: Cavs Not Very Good Right Now 

Post#2 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Then when they go ahead and win 5 in a row analysts will begin to talk about "Cav dominance". They are going to be inconsistent the entire season, this doesn't happen overnight. Out of those 3 guys, LeBron is the only one that has been thru such a big roster change (going to Miami). Irving and Love have to adjust from being the main guys on a crappy teams to role players on a "really good" team.

Plus having Varajeo out for the rest of the season doesn't help much.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#3 » by 2thehoopand1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Defense
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Yeah.... we can see that.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#5 » by Donnyxc » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:35 pm

2thehoopand1 wrote:Defense

Seems pretty accurate.

I'm going to play devils advocate here, but Lebron has been to the playoffs 9 seasons in a row.

Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving have been to the playoffs.. never.

Lebron probably has a decent idea of where his team is failing. Even if it is, all areas.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
goinrogue
Analyst
And1: 3,236

Post#6 » by goinrogue » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:01 am

This is why good GM's know the difference between good players and overrated players putting up good numbers on bad teams. Kevin Love never played defense in his career and he's not starting now.

Return to Wiretap Discussion