Kubiak named Broncos new HC

Moderator: NyCeEvO

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Kubiak named Broncos new HC 

Post#1 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:11 pm

The Broncos announced Monday that Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak has been hired as Denver's new head coach on a four year-deal.

Denver will host a press conference Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET to introduce Kubiak.

The 53-year-old Kubiak emerged as Elway's top choice since the team parted ways with John Fox after a disastrous playoff exit. Kubiak spent his entire nine-year playing career as a backup quarterback to Elway in Denver.

In Kubiak, Elway has found a close confidante that believes in similar philosophies. That starts with a dynamic running game and zone-blocking scheme that helped Elway win two titles as a player. In Denver, Houston and then Baltimore, Kubiak's scheme has helped running backs produce massive numbers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... head-coach
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Re: Kubiak named Broncos new HC 

Post#2 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:24 am

I can't get excited about this hiring, hope I am wrong.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#3 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:50 pm

For what it's worth, CJ Anderson is apparently very excited about Kubiak's zone blocking run schemes.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#4 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:38 pm

I wonder how Brock will do rolling out? I do like having the QB in motion, with the right QB of course. Elway says Brock is ready to replace Manning and with the moves so far this Bronco off season, I hope again he is right.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Re: Re: Kubiak named Broncos new HC 

Post#5 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:35 am

Left*My*Heart wrote:I wonder how Brock will do rolling out? I do like having the QB in motion, with the right QB of course. Elway says Brock is ready to replace Manning and with the moves so far this Bronco off season, I hope again he is right.

I hope he's just saying that just to cover his bases.

I think we should draft Hundley and let them settle in a pre - season QB competition.

Brock looks like pure garbage to me. Even if Hundley wasn't ready by Week 1, I'm sure he'd get the call over Brock before the season is over.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#6 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:54 pm

I thought the selection of Brock as an odd one. He had a lot wrong with his QB skills and who was going to mentor him? Surely not Manning.

I think Elway has done a decent job with the draft, but this was a questionable pick. There was at least one QB available, Foles that graded out a lot higher. I know Wilson was there as well, but I don't think you can count him because he was such a surprise.

Hundley is #1 on my list and I hope he is available when we draft. I like Kessler and Cook, followed by Petty next. Kessler and Cook probably will return to school.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#7 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:26 am

Even as a Broncos fan, I couldn't help but acknowledge that Peyton was DONE last year. He stayed on this year because of pride and belief in himself (I don't fault him for that) and for that extra $15mil.

But man, oh man, is he just killing this team. I was ok with hitting the reset button last year and just drafting a new QB since I have 0 faith in Osweiler. The team has been winning in spite of him all year.

Return to Denver Broncos