Moderator: studcrackers

CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Re: 2013 Ask Jeff Risdon a Question 

Post#741 » by CJ_18 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:36 pm

My Holy God.

https://twitter.com/UCONNBarstool/statu ... 3525368832

Beat previous combine all-time record by 8" and is believed to now be a new world record.
NW7
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#742 » by NW7 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 pm

Icness wrote:Side note about a NFC North rival...
It's pretty much unanimous consensus the Bears are going to be awful in '15. Like, they'll be happy to go 4-12 kind of bad. Regime change gives them license to overhaul and they're going to use it.

I have no idea how feasible a trade is but if they want to truly overhaul this roster they have to move on from Cutler, right?
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#743 » by hermes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 am

jeff,

who had the best and worst combine in terms of improving/hurting their stock?
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#744 » by Icness » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:17 am

CJ_18 wrote:My Holy God.

https://twitter.com/UCONNBarstool/statu ... 3525368832

Beat previous combine all-time record by 8" and is believed to now be a new world record.

The other players were going crazy watching him do it too.

He's an interesting eval. Great straight-line athlete, pretty smart on the field. Hurt his shoulder and missed half of '14, I only have notes on him from '13. Former wideout but they moved him because he was stiff in his routes, had to gear way down to change direction
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#745 » by Icness » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:18 am

NW7 wrote:
Icness wrote:Side note about a NFC North rival...
It's pretty much unanimous consensus the Bears are going to be awful in '15. Like, they'll be happy to go 4-12 kind of bad. Regime change gives them license to overhaul and they're going to use it.

I have no idea how feasible a trade is but if they want to truly overhaul this roster they have to move on from Cutler, right?

Not this year. No better option and he makes for a nice public scapegoat. Nobody is trading for that deal.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#746 » by Icness » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:33 am

hermes wrote:jeff,

who had the best and worst combine in terms of improving/hurting their stock?

Best:
Vic Beasley. Gained 15 pounds from his playing weight and apparently got faster too.
Jameis Winston. I'll go ahead and guarantee he goes #1 barring any more off-field knucklehead crap. Some scouts like him more than they liked Andrew Luck.
David Johnson
Eric Rowe
Owa Odighizuwa
Stephone Anthony
Byron Jones
Phillip Dorsett, and for a lot beyond his sweet 40 time too
Blake Bell
Craig Mager. Watch this kid go in the 3rd round.

Worst:
Paul Dawson. Unquestionably the worst.
Ladarius Gunter. When you're only calling card is athleticism you had better be a damn good athlete. Gunter tested horrible across the board.
Devin Funchess. Came in slower than expected and I heard from a couple different teams he was not good on the chalkboard breaking down plays.
Josue Matias. 17" vertical. Not that guards need to jump but 17" is the worst vertical since at least 1999.
Ezell Ruffin
Malcom Brown the DT
Shane Carden
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#747 » by treiz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:22 am

Hey Jeff,

Any chance for some post-combine news on the Jets?

Thanks
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#748 » by Grover » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks Jeff. Best guess at which team fleeces in a Mariota trade down? Like the mock. Very bold with the top corners. Who's mocks do you value?
Icness
NFL Analyst

Re: Re: 2013 Ask Jeff Risdon a Question 

Post#749 » by Icness » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:55 pm

treiz wrote:Hey Jeff,

Thanks

Sadly not a lot. I have speculation but it would be just that.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#750 » by Icness » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Grover wrote:Thanks Jeff. Best guess at which team fleeces in a Mariota trade down? Like the mock. Very bold with the top corners. Who's mocks do you value?

Teams that would move for Mariota:
Browns
Eagles
Maybe the Bears if someone would eat Cutler for them
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#751 » by Icness » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:56 pm

As far as mock drafts go, if you want accuracy you need to check out James Christensen of NE Patriots Draft and his final mock. Bryan Perez of Draft Breakdown is another proven accurate guy. Both of those guys are personal friends, so take that for what it's worth.

At this time of the draft process a lot of us have a pretty good idea of what range most players are going to be drafted. Even my mock from last night I would wager has at least 24 of the 32 first round players right. It's pairing them with the team and exact slot that's the hard part. I'm damn confident in the top 2 and have a pretty good idea on about 3-5 others but beyond that it's more about player and slot than team and player.

Some draft evaluators I respect a lot (not a complete list)
Joe Marino of Buffalo Bills Draft. We disagree a lot but I respect the hell out of Joe.
Justis Mosqueda of B/R and Draft Breakdown and other places
Bill Carroll, you have to follow him on Twitter and he does podcasts
Justin Higdon of Draft Breakdown, who has written some stuff here before too and is a very good friend
Darren Page of Detroit Lions Draft (I own the site w/ James Christensen) and some other places. His QB chart breakdown is an imperative.
Dane Brugler of CBS. Great guy.
Josh Liskiewitz and Jordan Plocher from GM Jr.. They've trained under former NFL scouts and are beyond diligent.
Sigmund Bloom of Football Guys
Dan Kadar of Mocking the Draft, and he's a good mock guy too. Has a new one every week.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#752 » by blazza18 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Icness wrote:Teams that would move for Mariota: Eagles

I Know it's unlikely, but do you see any realistic chance Chip can make this happen ?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Grover
Rookie

Post#753 » by Grover » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:30 am

Icness wrote:
Grover wrote:Thanks Jeff. Best guess at which team fleeces in a Mariota trade down? Like the mock. Very bold with the top corners. Who's mocks do you value?

Browns
Eagles

My question was who is most likely to be the team that is willing to trade down with either of those two teams or the surprise?
Grover
Rookie

Post#754 » by Grover » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 am

Icness wrote:As far as mock drafts go, if you want accuracy you need to check out James Christensen of NE Patriots Draft and his final mock. Bryan Perez of Draft Breakdown is another proven accurate guy. Both of those guys are personal friends, so take that for what it's worth.

At this time of the draft process a lot of us have a pretty good idea of what range most players are going to be drafted. Even my mock from last night I would wager has at least 24 of the 32 first round players right. It's pairing them with the team and exact slot that's the hard part. I'm damn confident in the top 2 and have a pretty good idea on about 3-5 others but beyond that it's more about player and slot than team and player.

Some draft evaluators I respect a lot (not a complete list)
Joe Marino of Buffalo Bills Draft. We disagree a lot but I respect the hell out of Joe.
Justis Mosqueda of B/R and Draft Breakdown and other places
Bill Carroll, you have to follow him on Twitter and he does podcasts
Justin Higdon of Draft Breakdown, who has written some stuff here before too and is a very good friend
Darren Page of Detroit Lions Draft (I own the site w/ James Christensen) and some other places. His QB chart breakdown is an imperative.
Dane Brugler of CBS. Great guy.
Josh Liskiewitz and Jordan Plocher from GM Jr.. They've trained under former NFL scouts and are beyond diligent.
Sigmund Bloom of Football Guys
Dan Kadar of Mocking the Draft, and he's a good mock guy too. Has a new one every week.

Thanks for this Jeff. We of limited time to go to games and watch tape have so little to base our ignorance.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#755 » by Icness » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Grover wrote:
Icness wrote:

Browns
Eagles

My question was who is most likely to be the team that is willing to trade down with either of those two teams or the surprise?

That's unknown. If Oakland really wants a WR then they're a good candidate because it doesn't look like anyone else in the first 10 picks will, little separation among the top 3 WRs. But I'm not sold they feel they have to have a first round WR.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#756 » by Cammo101 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Icness wrote:
Grover wrote:
Icness wrote:
Browns
Eagles

That's unknown. If Oakland really wants a WR then they're a good candidate because it doesn't look like anyone else in the first 10 picks will, little separation among the top 3 WRs. But I'm not sold they feel they have to have a first round WR.

A lot of chatter that Tennessee is more than willing to move down if the price is right.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#757 » by treiz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Icness wrote:
treiz wrote:Hey Jeff,

Thanks

Sadly not a lot. I have speculation but it would be just that.

That's a shame, mind sharing that speculation? :D

Thanks a bunch again
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#758 » by hermes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:17 am

read through the latest mock jeff, with the depth of wr and rb this year do you think its likely that more are taken early (than normal) or because of the depth teams will wait and they will fall

seems like the running backs would be more likely to fall - free agency will be interesting to see how teams are valuing runners (lynch, murray, etc)
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#759 » by Icness » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:45 pm

hermes wrote:read through the latest mock jeff, with the depth of wr and rb this year do you think its likely that more are taken early (than normal) or because of the depth teams will wait and they will fall

seems like the running backs would be more likely to fall - free agency will be interesting to see how teams are valuing runners (lynch, murray, etc)

That's a good question. I think the RBs fall because of the depth. I was talking the other day with some folks and we all agreed that between 8 and 12 RBs go from the middle of the 2nd to the top of the 4th. Biggest unknown for me is when Gurley and Gordon go. I think they're both 1sts but where IDK.

My forecast for wideout is that Cooper and White both go in the top 12, and that #12 is not coincidental. If White goes first I think Cooper goes very quickly thereafter, but not necessarily vice versa. Parker is a top 20 pick.

After that, it's complicated. Lots of guys could go between 25-45 but there could be a run at other spots where none except Jaelen Strong go there. Guys like Phillip Dorsett, Devin Funchess, Devin Smith, Breshad Perriman, Dorial Green-Beckham, Nelson Agholor are all very tough to place right now. I can see Smith being Seattle's 1st rounder but I can also see him being their 2nd rounder, if that makes sense.

DGB fascinates me. Dude is so talented but his off-field stuff is brutal. Multiple domestic violence incidents. Rampant drug use. Strongly rumored gang ties. The fact Oklahoma wouldn't let him play when they desperately needed a top wideout is a HUGE flag. Oklahoma would kill puppies to win football games but they were afraid of letting DGB get on the field.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,517

Post#760 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:54 pm

I assumed DGB had to sit because he was a transfer. If he was eligible and they didn't play him that is a huge red flag.

Return to NFL Draft