ImageImageImageImageImage

John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III 

Post#21 » by Wonderllama » Mon Mar 9, 2015 12:27 pm

Averaging .376 FG% in the past month... give this man some rest! Making the playoffs won't matter if Wall feels and shoots like crap
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#22 » by Dat2U » Mon Mar 9, 2015 1:08 pm

Witt appreciates the decidication of Wall to gut it out but Witt does wish Wall would play harder at times.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#23 » by tontoz » Mon Mar 9, 2015 2:29 pm

Walls health issues underscore the need for a quality backup. Given the number of quality backups in the league you would think EG would be able to luck into one but stupid is as stupid does.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#24 » by hands11 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:16 am

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400579355

Wall STAR PERFORMANCE

Got up his 4 three balls and hit 2 of them. 10-11 from the line. 34 pts. Season high I believe.

:rock: :clap: :rock: :clap: :rock:

:rockon: :rockon:
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,325

Post#25 » by nate33 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:23 am

Thank God we have John Wall - the one glimmer of hope in this moribund franchise. I love the guy. Yes, he has some flaws that keep him out of the running as a legit top 10 player, but he's definitely in the next tier. I'm thrilled to have a top 15ish player with a great work ethic, great attitude, and potential for even more improvement. I also love that he's a guy people want to play with.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#26 » by FAH1223 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:27 am

nate33 wrote:Thank God we have John Wall - the one glimmer of hope in this moribund franchise. I love the guy. Yes, he has some flaws that keep him out of the running as a legit top 10 player, but he's definitely in the next tier. I'm thrilled to have a top 15ish player with a great work ethic, great attitude, and potential for even more improvement. I also love that he's a guy people want to play with.

Kid is more mature than his coach.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hoopdistrictdc/status/580920692255952897[/tweet]
hands11
Banned User

Post#27 » by hands11 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:06 am

Back to back WallStar games.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400579368

And back to back 2-4 from 3 land games.

I hope this is the beginning of a new John Wall. He really looked confident in this shot from all over and even from 3 land and he looking to score instead of just passing.

Now he just has to better read when to be scoring WallStar and when to coast a little but he shouldn't let to much time go in between. He should be controlling the game and keeping teams on their heals most the time. Even if he is driving and passing.

I want the more aggressive scoring driving WallStar that shoot 4 threes a game. That was my min 3 ball count for him.

Man, if Webster can just get one on fire game in, I think he will be back. He just need to catch a break on game.

Randy needs to keep riding him a few more games and give him a good chance to find it.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#28 » by DCZards » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:13 am

hands11 wrote:

Man, if Webster can just get one on fire game in, I think he will be back. He just need to catch a break on game.

Randy needs to keep riding him a few more games and give him a good chance to find it.

I wouldn't give Webster any minutes...zippo. Like you, I thought maybe Randy was on to something by giving Web minutes over Butler and Porter the last few games. But I think it's time to end that experiment. Webster hasn't hit a 3 pter in over a month...and basically that's all he's ever been good at. He's shooting like 18% from long distance. In fact, Webster's 3 pters don't even look like they have a chance of going in.

I'm giving those minutes to Butler, who at least will occasionally knock down a 3, and to Porter, who the Zards need to be developing as a player anyway.

Edit to add: yeah, big ups to Johnny Ballgame...he's been playing like that max player we hoped he'd become. Kid is only going to get better. Now they just need to give him a few weapons, like a couple of deadly outside shooters, to work with.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#29 » by TGW » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:28 am

Webster is such a bum...he shouldn't be getting any minutes what-so-damn-ever. I was pissed when they resigned him, and I am pissed everytime I see him on the floor over Porter. He need to GTFO of town.

Sorry, but the Porter stuff bothers me. So indicative of just how the this Wizards staff refuses to develop young players.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
hands11
Banned User

Post#30 » by hands11 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:01 am

DCZards wrote:
hands11 wrote:

I wouldn't give Webster any minutes...zippo. Like you, I thought maybe Randy was on to something by giving Web minutes over Butler and Porter the last few games. But I think it's time to end that experiment. Webster hasn't hit a 3 pter in over a month...and basically that's all he's ever been good at. He's shooting like 18% from long distance. In fact, Webster's 3 pters don't even look like they have a chance of going in.

I'm giving those minutes to Butler, who at least will occasionally knock down a 3, and to Porter, who the Zards need to be developing as a player anyway.

Edit to add: yeah, big ups to Johnny Ballgame...he's been playing like that max player we hoped he'd become. Kid is only going to get better. Now they just need to give him a few weapons, like a couple of deadly outside shooters, to work with.

I'm not bailing on Webster yet. You hear that Webby. Some of us still got your back brother. I haven't forgotten the Webby 3 and the Webby 3 plus 1

He got mins for 4 games in a row. That's it. 12, 22, 28 and 12. He got up 6 three over 4 games.

That's not enough for me to fold the tent on Webby. He is a career .382 from 3. You don't just lose that all at once. He just needs to see the ball go in. He needs to find his rhythm and some swag. They are about to start resting players and those players should be PP and Rasual more then Webby. Plus Otto can get some burn. Keep giving Webster 12 minute min and hopefully more like 20 mins. I still believe he is going to get it going.

I'm more then fine going into the playoff turning to Rasual but if anything happens to Rasual or PP, we need a fall back plan. So I want to warm up Webster and Otto the best they can between now and then. Gotta have all hands on deck.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#31 » by DCZards » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:03 pm

hands11 wrote:
I'm not bailing on Webster yet. You hear that Webby. Some of us still got your back brother. I haven't forgotten the Webby 3 and the Webby 3 plus 1.

I'm glad you've got Webby's back, hands. And as a Zards fan I hope you're right about Webster getting his 3 pt shot back. But you said this was going to be Seraphin's "breakout" year. You also at one point said Ves was the cornerstone of the team...or something to that effect. And a season or two ago you said Beal was a more important player than Wall. So your track record on such things is a little shaky.
hands11
Banned User

Post#32 » by hands11 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:22 pm

DCZards wrote:
hands11 wrote:
I'm not bailing on Webster yet. You hear that Webby. Some of us still got your back brother. I haven't forgotten the Webby 3 and the Webby 3 plus 1.

I'm glad you've got Webby's back, hands. And as a Zards fan I hope you're right about Webster getting his 3 pt shot back. But you said this was going to be Seraphin's "breakout" year. You also at one point said Ves was the cornerstone of the team...or something to that effect. And a season or two ago you said Beal was a more important player than Wall. So your track record on such things is a little shaky.

How in the world did you turn a friendly fan post into that kind of garbage ?

First, I didn't say it was going to be KLife's breakout year. I just shared an article that was titled that. And for the record. He has shown progress. And when he does, I post about it. I also post stuff that is critical when he messes up.

And my God DC.. Not you with this Ves thing. Dude hadn't even played a freakn game in a strike year when I made a post because the team sucked. Ves wasn't even my pick that year. I said it would be a mistake drafting him before and after they did it. I expect better from you then that kind of ignorance after I have debunked it 100 times. I will be sure to put gather some posts of your so I can do a similar tweaked post on your views questioning why anyone should value anything you post. Shouldn't be to hard to do. It can be done to anyone here.

As for Beal. I have no problem admitting there was a time where it wasn't clear how Wall would work out and I always liked Beal as a prospect so debating the team future, yeah I did say that. So what. Lets be clear. I wasn't the only one posting that or questioning those things. You want to list the others ?

Now just for balance, after you posted 2 out of thing 3s that were twisted information about my views, how about listing the long list of things was right about that far outweighs the ones I was wrong about. So no, my track record is not shaky. Its actually good.

As for Webster. I'm not saying he will get there. I said I'm not bailing on him. I'm just really hoping he gets there as a fan. And I think it very reasonable to expect he will so I said some information on why. I like Webby. I appreciate what he did for this team back when it was totally rudderless. But I understand his limits. I never felt he was all that good at spot minutes. He is a rhythm player. If he is going to break out of this funk, he is going to need back to back game with minutes. I said that. So his window is pretty small to get there.

Webby is winding down his career. I would like to see him shine one more time before he is done. Those back injuries aren't his fault. Just bad luck. And I'm sure he put in a lot of work to recover. And by all accounts, he seems like a really good dude.

So yeah. I'm not bailing on him. I'm pulling for him.

But you know what ? This is a Wall appreciation thread. I guess we can pick up the Webster debate in a Webby thread.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#33 » by Higga » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:55 pm

nate33 wrote:Thank God we have John Wall - the one glimmer of hope in this moribund franchise. I love the guy. Yes, he has some flaws that keep him out of the running as a legit top 10 player, but he's definitely in the next tier. I'm thrilled to have a top 15ish player with a great work ethic, great attitude, and potential for even more improvement. I also love that he's a guy people want to play with.

Yep.

I still thank God every night we were blessed with the #1 pick in 2010.

Now if only we had a better GM/coach that could put better pieces around him so we can truly contend.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
hands11
Banned User

Post#34 » by hands11 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:34 pm

WallStar at 9.9 Dimes per game for the year.

Expect him to dish out some more of these 12-15 dime games so he can tip 10 a game for the year.

CP3 is at 10.2
hands11
Banned User

Post#35 » by hands11 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 1:15 am

Wall ... Career high in assist ...18

He should be over that 9.9 per game mark now for the year.. Just gotta keep it up.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#36 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Wall finishes the season with a double-double average (17.6 ppg, 10apg) for the first time in his career.. POINT GAWD
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#37 » by Higga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:44 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:Wall finishes the season with a double-double average (17.6 ppg, 10apg) for the first time in his career.. POINT GAWD

Its weird but I actually think his total #s are a little disappointing. I mean 17/10 is nice but I was truly hoping for something closer to 20/10. I think he has that kind of talent but has way too many games where he shoots 5/20 for 9 points.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#38 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:53 pm

Higga wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:Wall finishes the season with a double-double average (17.6 ppg, 10apg) for the first time in his career.. POINT GAWD

Its weird but I actually think his total #s are a little disappointing. I mean 17/10 is nice but I was truly hoping for something closer to 20/10. I think he has that kind of talent but has way too many games where he shoots 5/20 for 9 points.

No he doesn't? Up until these past few games when he tanked his fg%, Wall was over 45% fg on the season.

He's actually impressed me with how often he's NOT had those horribly inefficient games this season. It's Beal who needs to stop doing that.

Wall was outstanding this season, next season I see an increase in ppg coming from hitting a few more threes and getting to the FT line more. He also put up an All-Defensive team worthy performance from the guard spot, finished with the 3rd best DRPM among point guards and 2nd best DRTG, led all PGs in bpg, top 5 in spg on a top 5 defensive team.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#39 » by queridiculo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:20 pm

For Wall to take the next step the Wizards need a coach that puts him in a better position to succeed.

Preaching to play harder and to just make some shots isn't the answer for this team, and it's not going to make Wall a better player.

Sadly, we all know that Wittman is going to be back, and so will Ernie, empowered with a brand new contract extension.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,325

Post#40 » by nate33 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:47 pm

I'm a little concerned that Wall seems to have lost all confidence in his jump shot, particularly his 3-pointer. He threw up some terrible air balls on open looks in Game 1 of the Toronto series. He looked very tentative.

Stop thinking, John. If you're wide open from 3, shoot it with confidence. You're a career 30% shooter from that range, which probably means you're a 35% shooter when wide open. That means it's a good shot. Take it.

Return to Washington Wizards