Clifford Alexander

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Clifford Alexander 

Post#1 » by dorkestra » Sun Mar 1, 2015 1:40 am

So what's this eligibility issue about then? Academic?
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
winstoned
Sophomore
And1: 72

Re: Clifford Alexander 

Post#2 » by winstoned » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:47 am

It appears his mother and no doubt father hooked up to get paid on the same day Cliff entered class. Could be a big mess, Tom Izzo threw a fit over his recruitment about all the middle men around him. John Calipari stopped communicating with Alexander during recruitment in 2013. There must be some real Chicago dirt here and KU asst Jerrance Howard who recruited him has to be in the middle of something.
The family hired an attorney from DC. Cliff is not speaking to the NCAA, usually that is enough to drop the hammer and force Kansas to vacate games he has played in because once the family took money from a loan co based on what Cliff's was supposed to earn on that NBA contract. He has not played like any lottery pick at all. Wait and see, no one will talk and the NCAA will not bring penalties on Bill Self.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#3 » by No-Man » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:38 am

Even if he doesnt play anymore he is a 1st round pick and he will go, too bad for Kansas.
Big_C_KU
Junior
And1: 106

Post#4 » by Big_C_KU » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:57 pm

winstoned wrote:It appears his mother and no doubt father hooked up to get paid on the same day Cliff entered class. Could be a big mess, Tom Izzo threw a fit over his recruitment about all the middle men around him. John Calipari stopped communicating with Alexander during recruitment in 2013. There must be some real Chicago dirt here and KU asst Jerrance Howard who recruited him has to be in the middle of something.
The family hired an attorney from DC. Cliff is not speaking to the NCAA, usually that is enough to drop the hammer and force Kansas to vacate games he has played in because once the family took money from a loan co based on what Cliff's was supposed to earn on that NBA contract. He has not played like any lottery pick at all. Wait and see, no one will talk and the NCAA will not bring penalties on Bill Self.

Dude you got nothing right here except that they talked to a loan company which you tried to hide as well as you could. Tried to make everything in your post sound like KU funneled money to Cliff and his family. Back in August Cliff's parents approached a loan firm that specializes in loans for athletes after they have declared for their respective drafts. This is not uncommon and not against the rules although the NCAA wishes the parents and players waited till after they declared before speaking to the agencies. Now they aren't suppose to be touching those funds yet because they are considered funds based upon future, non-amateur play until after they have played their season out. So the inquiry by the NCAA is into whether or not Cliff's parents took money out on the loan or not.

It's believed these type of loans happen and take place pretty often among athletes expecting to go pro in the next year or 2 but a lot of states make this type of information private so their isn't really any way for anyone to know. The state of Illinois though makes this type of information public and since the Alexander's filed this loan inquiry in Illinois it was open to the public and someone let the NCAA know and the NCAA has easily been able to look into it.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#5 » by doordoor123 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm not a fan of Alexander. He was SO hyped coming into college. In the NBA I barely see him as a rotation guy.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#6 » by No-Man » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:23 pm

doordoor123 wrote:I'm not a fan of Alexander. He was SO hyped coming into college. In the NBA I barely see him as a rotation guy.

He has some things going for him that McGary did, he is mean, though and plays hard and smart, he has not the technique that McGary did but he is much younger.
He will have a role, he is a better prospect than Looney or Harrell.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#7 » by BadWolf » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Big_C_KU wrote:
winstoned wrote:It appears his mother and no doubt father hooked up to get paid on the same day Cliff entered class. Could be a big mess, Tom Izzo threw a fit over his recruitment about all the middle men around him. John Calipari stopped communicating with Alexander during recruitment in 2013. There must be some real Chicago dirt here and KU asst Jerrance Howard who recruited him has to be in the middle of something.

Dude you got nothing right here except that they talked to a loan company which you tried to hide as well as you could. Tried to make everything in your post sound like KU funneled money to Cliff and his family. Back in August Cliff's parents approached a loan firm that specializes in loans for athletes after they have declared for their respective drafts. This is not uncommon and not against the rules although the NCAA wishes the parents and players waited till after they declared before speaking to the agencies. Now they aren't suppose to be touching those funds yet because they are considered funds based upon future, non-amateur play until after they have played their season out. So the inquiry by the NCAA is into whether or not Cliff's parents took money out on the loan or not.

It's believed these type of loans happen and take place pretty often among athletes expecting to go pro in the next year or 2 but a lot of states make this type of information private so their isn't really any way for anyone to know. The state of Illinois though makes this type of information public and since the Alexander's filed this loan inquiry in Illinois it was open to the public and someone let the NCAA know and the NCAA has easily been able to look into it.

what's the point of a loan that you can only touch when you get the money?
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#8 » by Upperclass » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Its just unfortunate that families do this to these defenseless kids.. Just lookup the story of Tyron Smith
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,089

Post#9 » by JDR720 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:26 pm

doordoor123 wrote:I'm not a fan of Alexander. He was SO hyped coming into college. In the NBA I barely see him as a rotation guy.

He will be a rotation guy, probably a solid backup PF.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#10 » by Marcus » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:55 pm

JDR720 wrote:

He will be a rotation guy, probably a solid backup PF.

yep.

board snatcher, dump off finisher, weak side shot blocker.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#11 » by BullsFTW » Thu Apr 9, 2015 3:08 pm

Fischella wrote:

He has some things going for him that McGary did, he is mean, though and plays hard and smart, he has not the technique that McGary did but he is much younger.

Can you see him play center in the NBA? He seems to have the qualities except legit height for a center.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#12 » by No-Man » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:03 pm

BullsFTW wrote:
Fischella wrote:

Can you see him play center in the NBA? He seems to have the qualities except legit height for a center.

as a bench player against bench centers? no doubt, he has excellent length, he is maybe 6'8.5 in shoes, but his wingspan is huge, and his reach also, plus he has strength
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#13 » by ALL HAIL » Thu Apr 9, 2015 7:03 pm

BullsFTW wrote:
Fischella wrote:

Yes, I think that'll be his best position actually.

He's a center to me.

Return to NBA Draft