ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Trailblazers @ Raptors 3/15 7PM EST SNN

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Re: GT: Trailblazers @ Raptors 3/15 7PM EST SNN 

Post#61 » by HeartBreaking » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:40 pm

start hansborough
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#62 » by Son Goku 25 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Darn it lol plan cancelled, I won't be at the game :(
Read
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#63 » by artsncrafts » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:50 pm

What happened to 1pm Raptors games on Sundays? It feels like it was just last year we were blessed with this sweet sweet occurrence.
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#64 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Will be going to this game! Wish I could root for them, but they lost this fan when they couldn't even get a decent backup for Jose in 08.

Glad to see things pickup for the Raps these last 2 years though. Still need an upgrade at Sf (not getting Batum though :D ). Also the big man rotation isn't consistent enough to go deep. Psycho T plays meaningful mins?

Also shouldn't have overpaid to keep Vasquez and Patterson, one maybe but not both. I don't get why DD has so much freedom in the offense, players who don't take threes shouldn't shoot below 45% Ross could be a valuable spot up shooter if this offense was committed to ball movement to get him clean looks.

JV doesn't get enough touches, mins and PnR's.
artsncrafts
RealGM

Post#65 » by artsncrafts » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:10 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:Will be going to this game! Wish I could root for them, but they lost this fan when they couldn't even get a decent backup for Jose in 08.

Glad to see things pickup for the Raps these last 2 years though. Still need an upgrade at Sf (not getting Batum though :D ). Also the big man rotation isn't consistent enough to go deep. Psycho T plays meaningful mins?

Also shouldn't have overpaid to keep Vasquez and Patterson, one maybe but not both. I don't get why DD has so much freedom in the offense, players who don't take threes shouldn't shoot below 45% Ross could be a valuable spot up shooter if this offense was committed to ball movement to get him clean looks.

JV doesn't get enough touches, mins and PnR's.

Agreed. At the time I liked the PP deal and hated the GV deal as he was horrible last year, but both have regressed. I would rather have Nando than GV.
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#66 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:13 pm

I actually think this is a good match up, Portland forces teams to play 1 on 1 and forces teams into bad asts nights, the Raps rely on players getting their own shots. On the flip side Portland relies on Passes and asts for their offense a lot while the Raps are poor at stopping teams from swinging the ball and getting guys clean looks for the ast.
BballFan2014
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#67 » by BballFan2014 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:22 pm

i want to see a win tonight and get this fanbase a little something to hope for..

But the way they are playing lately most likely be a loss tonight
TDotsfinest97
Banned User
And1: 5,953

Post#68 » by TDotsfinest97 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:26 pm

DeRozan, the trail blazers killah going off today
artsncrafts
RealGM

Post#69 » by artsncrafts » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:38 pm

I wonder how different our season would have been if we didn't blow that game late in Portland :(
Da1RealRapsFan
Banned User
And1: 1,522

Re: Re: Re: Re: GT: Trailblazers @ Raptors 3/15 7PM EST SNN 

Post#70 » by Da1RealRapsFan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Nils_the_Clean wrote:
Da1RealRapsFan wrote:
Nils_the_Clean wrote:

I love the Raptors.

I've been supporting them and spending money on tickets and merchandise for oh, twenty years now?

But thanks for your sweeping, knee-jerk judgment of my fandom. You're great.

thanks for calling me great.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app

You're an amazing, unflaggingly supportive, and steadfast fan. I'd hope to one day match your level of commitment to the Raptors. You, "DA" 1 "real" raps fan, are a model for the rest of us.

I'm going to work and work hard to be like you. I'm going rectify my "pathetic" mindset and follow in your well-trudged footsteps, however, I doubt my tepid support of the team will be enough to fill the imprint left by your shoes.

I hope that one day, I too can spell the word "the" like "da". I did in 1998, and it's time to bring it back. YOU DA REAL MVP DAREALRAPZFAN.

The twenty years I've spent supporting the team are illusory, a chimera, an erasable smudge across the intricate masterpiece fans like YOU have painted with your very real passion.

I'm going to lobby for you to usurp Drake and take on the role of Global Ambassador. I'm going to make you the de-facto God-Father of my unborn child. I'm going to wire you money and stand at the vanguard of that fan movement that you're sure to spearhead.

You, my friend, are everything I could hope to be, everything I could ever aspire to become. You are the universe and its stars. You are "da" real MVP RAPZ FAN.

Thanks man. Didn't read much of your post because I feel uncomfortable with flattery. Thanks though. Appreciate people who are willing to take constructive criticism and improve themselves. People who get angry and defensive when called out are the worst. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Scooby Snax
Assistant Coach
And1: 14,899

Post#71 » by Scooby Snax » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:05 pm

Let's keep the momentum rolling. I'm calling a W
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#72 » by mintsa » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Is big Val playing tonight???
kidr1211
RealGM
And1: 18,189

Post#73 » by kidr1211 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:17 pm

artsncrafts wrote:What happened to 1pm Raptors games on Sundays? It feels like it was just last year we were blessed with this sweet sweet occurrence.

Man i loved 1pm sunday games. I think i heard last year that people complained about it, or the players didn't like it or something
artsncrafts
RealGM

Post#74 » by artsncrafts » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:18 pm

kidr1211 wrote:
artsncrafts wrote:What happened to 1pm Raptors games on Sundays? It feels like it was just last year we were blessed with this sweet sweet occurrence.

Man i loved 1pm sunday games. I think i heard last year that people complained about it, or the players didn't like it or something

All the non-fans that don't even watch basketball complained :(
WeTheNorth77
Sixth Man
And1: 2,865

Post#75 » by WeTheNorth77 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:36 pm

artsncrafts wrote:
kidr1211 wrote:

All the non-fans that don't even watch basketball complained :(

I miss games at that time as well....most players prefer evening games though
BrunoSkull you the real MVP
BogizMo
Freshman
And1: 50

Re: Re: GT: Trailblazers @ Raptors 3/15 7PM EST SNN 

Post#76 » by BogizMo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Da1RealRapsFan wrote:
BogizMo wrote:Oh and people crying about bandwagon fans are idiots

You're in denial about feeling fake so you lash out in anger saying the people calling you out are the idiots.

You need to take a good long hard look in the mirror. Stare deep into your own eyes and examine the soul.

I have faith in everyone to become a real raptors fan but you have to come to grips with yourself and stop lying to the person who matters most: you.

Please don't judge the type of fan I am based on my Realgm status.
But i do get what you are saying, all I mean is these bandwagon fans are who make the Raps look good as an organization. And these fans are here today because of the life the Raptors have shown over the last couple of years.

Since I am not a regular poster, but been reading Realgm for more than 10 years now, I just want to say how annoying it is to see all this whining I hear these days from supposed hardcore fans.

Most posters on this board are fun to read anyways, that's why I keep coming back.
carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Post#77 » by carl_english » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Love these tough games because you can compare the Raps progress with other teams.
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#78 » by chuckdevlin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:51 pm

artsncrafts wrote:I wonder how different our season would have been if we didn't blow that game late in Portland :(

DEAL WITH IT
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
Stolen Identity
Veteran
And1: 4,010

Post#79 » by Stolen Identity » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:52 pm

TDotsfinest97 wrote:DeRozan, the trail blazers killah going off today

Hope so.

No Wes Matthews to guard our wings, although Portland's 3rd in defense overall.
Stuck in Dystopia.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,905

Post#80 » by bape_lovers » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:04 pm

personally i like evening games, I usually sleep in till very late on weekends

Credit to JaysRule, Detective

Return to Toronto Raptors