Move the first two weekends of March Madness back two days

Moderator: bwgood77

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Move the first two weekends of March Madness back two days 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:37 pm

The earlier rounds are fuller and more suited to weekends, while the following rounds have less games and would be better suited to the shorter viewing window of prime time evenings.

Instead of Thur-Fir, Sat-Sun
Try Sat-Sun, Min-Tue
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Re: Move the first two weekends of March Madness back two days 

Post#2 » by Notanoob » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:21 pm

They absolutely should do this, or just move it back one. It'd also be good for teams who went deep in their conference championship games and need to rest up a bit before trying to do it again.

Of course, that might reduce upsets, so on second though, I doubt they'll do it.
flash22
Bench Warmer
And1: 676

Post#3 » by flash22 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:47 pm

No, I like it on a Thursday. Everyone in the Office is a big fan, it's a fun relaxed 2 days.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#4 » by Laimbeer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:26 pm

Notanoob wrote:They absolutely should do this, or just move it back one. It'd also be good for teams who went deep in their conference championship games and need to rest up a bit before trying to do it again.

Of course, that might reduce upsets, so on second though, I doubt they'll do it.

The really puzzling part to me is it seems it would be better for TV, and we know TV and revenue always play a role.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:21 am

Laimbeer wrote:
Notanoob wrote:They absolutely should do this, or just move it back one. It'd also be good for teams who went deep in their conference championship games and need to rest up a bit before trying to do it again.

The really puzzling part to me is it seems it would be better for TV, and we know TV and revenue always play a role.

That is true, although I have Friday off and today took a late lunch to watch AZ, and also got to see the Georgia St/Baylor and Iowa St/UAB finishes, and then got home in time to see the VCU/OSU finish.

It does make sense that the round of 64 would happen on a weekend though. The first four could be that Thursday/Friday instead of Tues/Wed too.

Return to NCAA Basketball