Rashad Vaughn

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,336

Rashad Vaughn 

Post#1 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:08 pm

I need a complete detailed scouting report and/or opinions on the kid. Por Favor.

He's a kid that I'm down the middle on and am curious as to how others see him.

He also strikes me as an under the radar type of kid especially here on the draft board.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
sheefo13
Junior
And1: 79

Re: Rashad Vaughn 

Post#2 » by sheefo13 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:50 pm

What he can do is definitely score. He does take bad shots and had a street worth of green lights at UNLV. He is really young and can score. He didn't score a ton against great opponents either. He would benefit from another year in school but I could see him being a steal potentially. But then again, scoring is the one thing nearly everyone can do at the next level. Mid to late 2nd round is likely where he ends up in terms of value. Easy to take a risk on him at that level.
www.timberrebuilder.com
Like on Facebook, twitter, & Instagram @timberrebuilder
Rebuilding Wolves Fandom since 2004.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#3 » by No-Man » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:54 pm

He took all kind of awful shots and make terrible decisions, but still, in a team full of knuckleheads with a coach that is pure trash he produced at a reasanoble efficient level for a frosh.
Can he be taught the right way and become a useful scoring weapon in the NBA? well, there are a lot of ifs, but he is worth a shot in the 2nd round, he is only 18 , will turn 19 in august.
On the other hand he is not freakishly long or athletic, but solid overall.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#4 » by Elden Payton » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:17 pm

Cuttino Mobley-esque?
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#5 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 pm

He's a interesting prospect. He could fit in with the Warriors bench because Shaun Livingston is not a scorer or even have a jumpshot and Andre Iguodala can at least hit a jump shot here and there and opponents respect his ability of making it compared to Shaun Livingston, but Andre Iguodala is not a scorer either. He could be a guy the Warriors can keep their eyes on in the 2nd Round to be that scorer, 6th man of the year type of player at SG next to Shaun Livingston at PG and Andre Iguodala at SF. If Jerry West like him along with our scouts and Bob Myers, I could see the Warriors buying a 2015 2nd Round Pick and drafting him. I still take Tyler Harvey over Rashad Vaugh though.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#6 » by ALL HAIL » Tue May 26, 2015 7:13 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:He's a interesting prospect. He could fit in with the Warriors bench because Shaun Livingston is not a scorer or even have a jumpshot and Andre Iguodala can at least hit a jump shot here and there and opponents respect his ability of making it compared to Shaun Livingston, but Andre Iguodala is not a scorer either. He could be a guy the Warriors can keep their eyes on in the 2nd Round to be that scorer, 6th man of the year type of player at SG next to Shaun Livingston at PG and Andre Iguodala at SF. If Jerry West like him along with our scouts and Bob Myers, I could see the Warriors buying a 2015 2nd Round Pick and drafting him. I still take Tyler Harvey over Rashad Vaugh though.

Vaughn is definitely a Jerry West-type draft pick: talented, skilled, multi-positional.

Rashad Vaughn and D'Angelo Russell are really not too different.

One passes better, the other is the better finisher and man-defender.

One will go top three, the other will go around thirty.

I love the draft.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#7 » by doordoor123 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:38 pm

He's MarShon Brooks all over again. Teams love him in individual workouts because he's a better one on one player than team. He beats players one on one but lacks the athleticism to get in the lane and lacks the playmaking ability to create for others. He's also just not a defender.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#8 » by LApwnd » Tue May 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Nick Young?

Return to NBA Draft