Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

GT3
Ballboy
And1: 1

Myles Turner 

Post#1 » by GT3 » Fri Apr 3, 2015 12:52 am

Is Myles Turner ready for the pros?

I think he will eventually succeed in this league but, it will take some work. Myles has as much potential as any player in this draft class. His low post is not well developed yet, his shot blocking ability and athleticism will keep him going in the league for his first few years in the league yet, he will eventually need to develop his post game. Once he develops his post game and puts on muscle I believe with his size and defensive ability, that he can become a LaMarcus Aldridge who plays even better defense.

What do y'all think?
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Re: Myles Turner 

Post#2 » by MalonesElbows » Fri Apr 3, 2015 10:51 pm

His ceiling is a stretch 5 that actually plays defense. Unheard of in this league actually, could be quite special.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#3 » by Mik317 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 2:49 am

He has to go to a place that understands he is a project...and have some patience with him
#NeverGonnaBeGood
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#4 » by cedric76 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 9:29 am

Like a Ralf lafrentz
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#5 » by DaddyCool19 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 2:02 pm

GT3 wrote:Is Myles Turner ready for the pros?

I think he will eventually succeed in this league but, it will take some work. Myles has as much potential as any player in this draft class. His low post is not well developed yet, his shot blocking ability and athleticism will keep him going in the league for his first few years in the league yet, he will eventually need to develop his post game. Once he develops his post game and puts on muscle I believe with his size and defensive ability, that he can become a LaMarcus Aldridge who plays even better defense.

What do y'all think?

Doesn't look that athletic to me.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#6 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:11 am

Pros and Cons?

Once he bulk a bit he should be a great 4 ala Ibaka
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Re: 

Post#7 » by Old Man Game » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:36 pm

cedric76 wrote:Like a Ralf lafrentz

Interesting comparison.
Ken D
Sophomore
And1: 195

Post#8 » by Ken D » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Except Raef Lafrentz averaged 1.1 blocks per 40 minutes in his freshman year and Myles Turner averaged 4.7

They’re on different planets defensively.

Serge Ibaka is the closest comparison.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#9 » by Ruzious » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:57 pm

He's virtually the same player LMA was at that age - same skills, same measurements, same questions about physicality and athleticism, same school. He's not going to wow anyone with his athleticism in transition, and his shot selection needs work, but he has an outstanding set of skills for someone who just turned 19 and an excellent chance to develop into an all-star PF/C in the NBA.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#10 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Ruzious wrote:He's virtually the same player LMA was at that age - same skills, same measurements, same questions about physicality and athleticism, same school. He's not going to wow anyone with his athleticism in transition, and his shot selection needs work, but he has an outstanding set of skills for someone who just turned 19 and an excellent chance to develop into an all-star PF/C in the NBA.

he is not, Aldridge was clearly a more fluid, explosive athlete, thats why he was projected as a PF everywhere even if he is clearly big enough for a 5.

Turner looks exactly like LaFrentz, he has a bit of a higher potential than that, but I dont think the LMA comparisons make any sense.
He is clearly a 5 going forward.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Re: 

Post#11 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Old Man Game wrote:

Interesting comparison.

its spot on
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Fischella wrote:
Ruzious wrote:He's virtually the same player LMA was at that age - same skills, same measurements, same questions about physicality and athleticism, same school. He's not going to wow anyone with his athleticism in transition, and his shot selection needs work, but he has an outstanding set of skills for someone who just turned 19 and an excellent chance to develop into an all-star PF/C in the NBA.

he is not, Aldridge was clearly a more fluid, explosive athlete, thats why he was projected as a PF everywhere even if he is clearly big enough for a 5.

Turner looks exactly like LaFrentz, he has a bit of a higher potential than that, but I dont think the LMA comparisons make any sense.

What you're saying about Aldridge doesn't ring true. People had the exact same criticisms about his athleticism when he was at Texas. What happens is that 18 year olds often get more fluid when they get older.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Re: 

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Fischella wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:

Interesting comparison.

its spot on

That spot must have been caused by someone Ralfing.
cedric76
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#14 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Fischella wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:

Interesting comparison.

its spot on

I think in few years we 'll see many stretch 5

I hope Turner does well, he need to adjust to his new body
cedric76
RealGM

Re: Re: Myles Turner 

Post#15 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Fischella wrote:

What you're saying about Aldridge doesn't ring true. People had the exact same criticisms about his athleticism when he was at Texas. What happens is that 18 year olds often get more fluid when they get older.

Turner is so young and has so much potential that it s scary

I really hope Orlando draft him but they might pick too high :-(
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#16 » by snoopdogg88 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:39 pm

raef lafrentz

now there's a name i haven't heard in a minute
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,125

Post#17 » by dolphinatik » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:04 pm

it seemed that he was coasting most of this season and Texas was a mess in general. I firmly believe he is an underrated prospect with one of the higher potentials in the class. He does need to get stronger and more decisive with the ball.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#18 » by Catchall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:57 am

He looks like a 2 - 3-year development project---e.g., Hassan Whiteside or young Jermaine O'Neal.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#19 » by AQuintus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:26 am

cedric76 wrote:Pros and Cons?

Once he bulk a bit he should be a great 4 ala Ibaka

That's a really weird comparison. Ibaka is in a completely different universe athletically.

Turner is like a smaller, better shooting Roy Hibbert.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#20 » by LloydFree » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 am

Catchall wrote:He looks like a 2 - 3-year development project---e.g., Hassan Whiteside or young Jermaine O'Neal.

Jermain O'Neil was a much better talent than Myles Turner and he wasnt a 2-3 year development project. He was stuck behind Rasheed Wallace and Sabonis in Portlands' big man rotation. Turner isn't near as fluid as Jermain O'Neil and he isn't as athletic as Lemarcus Aldridge. Someone said it earlier, he's a smaller version of Roy Hibbert athletically.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to NBA Draft