My MOCK Draft (Rounds 1-2) with Trades and Comments

Moderator: studcrackers

bballman1234
Ballboy
And1: 0

My MOCK Draft (Rounds 1-2) with Trades and Comments 

Post#1 » by bballman1234 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:56 pm

1. Buccaneers QB J. Winston – Bucs get their franchise QB.
2. Titans QB M. Mariota – Titans may not get a better chance at a foundation QB.
3. Jaguars DE D. Fowler Jr – Best pass rusher in this loaded draft.
4. Raiders DT L. Williams – WR is tempting but Williams is safest pick.
5. Redskins (to Rams) WR A. Cooper – Rams trade up for Cooper and get Foles a legit weapon.
6. Jets OLB V. Beasley – New HC Bowles wants to get after the QB.
7. Bears OLB R. Gregory – Bears take best available and a talented pass-rusher who fits the 3-4 defense.
8. Falcons DE S. Ray – Falcons need to improve their pass rush.
9. Giants (to Browns) WR K. White – Browns jump ahead of the Vikings to grab the uber athletic White.
10. Rams (to Redskins) OT B. Scherff – Non-flashy pick that will be a cornerstone on the O-line for years to come.
11. Vikings (to Chiefs) WR D. Parker – Chiefs trade up for Parker, who will be a great complement to Maclin’s game.
12. Browns (to Giants) DE A. Dupree – Giants get a pass rusher and insurance if they don’t get a deal done with JPP.
13. Saints (to Eagles) WR B. Perriman – Eagles trade up for the perfect fit at WR in Chip Kelly’s offense.
14. Dolphins CB T. Waynes – Dolphins get Brent Grimes some help.
15. 49ers CB K. Johnson – Best available and top need coincide with this selection for the Niners.
16. Texans CB J. Collins – Developing Collins at CB makes plenty of sense for this suddenly loaded D.
17. Chargers DT D. Shelton – Shelton’s drop ends here, as the Chargers have been in the market for D-line help.
18. Chiefs (to Vikings) CB B. Jones – CB may not be a top need anymore but Jones is too good of a talent to pass up.
19. Browns (from Bills) (to Cardinals) CB M. Peters – Peters immediately replaces Cromartie in the starting lineup.
20. Eagles (to Saints) OT L. Collins – Saints get the local LSU product to shore up the O-line.
21. Bengals OT C. Ogbuehi – Bengals take a chance on Ogbuehi with 2016 in mind.
22. Steelers SS L. Collins – With top CBs off the board, the Steelers still improve their defensive backfield.
23. Lions RB T. Gurley – Top available player and a steal at this point in the draft.
24. Cardinals (to Browns) DT E. Goldman – Browns need help along the D-line.
25. Panthers OT A. Peat – Despite the depth signings at OT, the Panthers still need to address this position.
26. Ravens WR J. Strong – Ravens get a young WR to pair with Steve Smith and replace Torrey Smith.
27. Cowboys (to Bucs) OT D. Humphries – Bucs trade back into the 1st round and improve the O-line for Winston.
28. Broncos OLB E. Harold – Harold fits the new 3-4 scheme that Wade Phillips will implement.
29. Colts CB R. Darby – Colts get a complementary piece to Vontae Davis.
30. Packers LB P. Dawson – Packers need at MLB is obvious and Dawson is one of the best in this draft.
31. Saints (from Seahawks) LB E. Kendricks – Saints continue to improve their defense.
32. Patriots (to Redskins) RB M. Gordon – Redskins trade back into the 1st to get backfield help.

1. Redskins – 1, 4; Rams – 1, 2
2. Giants – 1; Browns – 1, 4, 5
3. Vikings – 1, 4; Chiefs – 1, 2
4. Saints – 1; Eagles – 1, 3, 4
5. Browns – 1, 6; Cardinals – 1, 3
6. Cowboys – 1, 3; Bucs – 2, 3
7. Patriots – 1; Redskins – 2, 5, 6

2nd Round

33. Titans DE A. Armstead
34. Bucs (to Cowboys) DE O. Odighizuwa
35. Raiders WR D. G-Beckham
36. Jaguars C C. Erving
37. Jets WR P. Dorsett
38. Redskins (to Patriots) RB T. Coleman
39. Bears (to 49ers) WR N. Agholor
40. Giants LB S. Thompson
41. Rams (to Redskins) OLB D. Hunter
42. Falcons TE M. Williams
43. Browns (to Lions) OT T. Clemmings
44. Saints DT C. Davis
45. Vikings OT E. Flowers
46. 49ers (to Bears) WR D. Smith
47. Dolphins WR D. Funchess
48. Chargers RB J. Ajayi
49. Chiefs (to Vikings) LB B. McKinney
50. Bills DE P. Smith
51. Texans (to Patriots) CB Q. Rollins
52. Eagles OT J. Fisher
53. Bengals DT M. Bennett
54. Lions (to Browns) OLB N. Orchard
55. Cardinals RB Du. Johnson
56. Steelers CB P. Williams
57. Panthers (to Jets) RB A. Abdullah
58. Ravens CB E. Rowe
59. Broncos OG A. Marpet
60. Cowboys FS D. Randall
61. Colts DT J. Phillips
62. Packers CB A. Carter
63. Seahawks OG A. Cann
64. Patriots (to Texans) WR S. Coates

8. Bears – 2; 49ers – 2, 4
9. Browns – 2; Lions – 2, future 4, 6
10. Texans – 2; Patriots – 2, 3
11. Panthers – 2; Jets – 3, 4
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,732

Re: My MOCK Draft (Rounds 1-2) with Trades and Comments 

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:50 am

Personally I would prefer Peters over Johnson, but I love the Agholor pick in the 2nd round (Niners fan here).
bballman1234
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by bballman1234 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Talent-wise, I agree with Peters over Johnson. Just figured the 49ers would prefer the cleaner CB prospect when it came down to it. Though, I could also see them addressing CB in the 2nd/3rd round and shoring up the D-line with A. Armstead in the 1st. Not sure they feel hard-pressed to select a WR in the 1st round as many believe, especially with the addition of T. Smith in FA. Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,732

Post#4 » by gswhoops » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:06 pm

bballman1234 wrote:Talent-wise, I agree with Peters over Johnson. Just figured the 49ers would prefer the cleaner CB prospect when it came down to it. Though, I could also see them addressing CB in the 2nd/3rd round and shoring up the D-line with A. Armstead in the 1st. Not sure they feel hard-pressed to select a WR in the 1st round as many believe, especially with the addition of T. Smith in FA. Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the fact the Washington welcomed Peters back for Pro Day says a lot about his incident. Although, I could definitely see Baalke shying away simply because Tomsula is new and inexperienced at HC.

I know Armstead is a consensus pick for the Niners, but I just don't see it. We tend not to go for the huge project guys early. And after the offseason we suddenly have a ton of holes. There's some decent DL options in the middle rounds so I could see us picking up a guy there. I do think WR is a top priority for us, since Boldin is getting up there in age and the guys behind him (Ellington/Patton) are unproven middle round guys. Getting a top WR talent should be a priority.

Return to NFL Draft