Myles Turner

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#21 » by californiadude » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:28 am

He's without a doubt my favorite late lottery prospect...I'd happily trade Barnes for a shot at him and a capable SF
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,157

Re: 

Post#22 » by brackdan70 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:48 am

californiadude wrote:He's without a doubt my favorite late lottery prospect...I'd happily trade Barnes for a shot at him and a capable SF

So you would trade Barnes to the Cs for 16 and Evan Turner ;)
Sign here
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Re: Re: 

Post#23 » by californiadude » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:41 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
californiadude wrote:He's without a doubt my favorite late lottery prospect...I'd happily trade Barnes for a shot at him and a capable SF

Yeah clearly we have different ideas on "capable SF". In all seriousness, if GSW didn't win the finals if I could package Barnes with Lee in a salary dump and get back 16 and Crowder/small asset then I'd have to at least think about it.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,157

Re: Re: 

Post#24 » by brackdan70 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:06 pm

californiadude wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:

Yeah clearly we have different ideas on "capable SF". In all seriousness, if GSW didn't win the finals if I could package Barnes with Lee in a salary dump and get back 16 and Crowder/small asset then I'd have to at least think about it.

Crowder is an RFA, so will have to check back in with me in July for possible S and T. for a draft day trade, we could consider Young, Wallace, 16 and 33 for Barnes and Lee. I think if we absorb Barnes into a TPE then Young and Wallace for Lee, it would work. Shaves off about 6 million for GS. I would guess Ainge and most Celtic fans would not do that. IDK, I like Barnes though. I f Turner is still there at 16 though maybe Cs would be better off drafting him. despite potential issues he could fill a need.
Sign here
theboomking
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Re: Myles Turner 

Post#25 » by theboomking » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:44 pm

So what is his most likely draft range and what is the highest and lowest people think he could go?
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,749

Post#26 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Highest: 8
Lowest: 15

He looks like the second coming of Greg Monroe.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Re: Re: Myles Turner 

Post#27 » by cedric76 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Highest: 8
Lowest: 15

He looks like the second coming of Greg Monroe.

R we talking about Turner? They r nothing alike
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#28 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:41 pm

I think Miles more resembles Chris Bosh as a C than anyone else. Dudes jump shot is beautiful. I don't know if he can defend NBA PFs though but offensively Bosh is the closest think that comes to mind.
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#29 » by CableKC » Fri May 1, 2015 6:18 am

Checking with some of my Pacer forum friends, they'd pass on Turner at 11 cuz they have concerns about his work ethic.

I'm fascinated by his athleticism ( which is way better than either West and Hibbert or anyone else in the Pacers Frontcourt ), shotblocking and a capable stretch 5 with the ability to score outside of the paint.

Can someone give me some Pros/Cons about him?
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#30 » by MCtripDub » Sun May 3, 2015 5:34 pm

MalonesElbows wrote:His ceiling is a stretch 5 that actually plays defense. Unheard of in this league actually, could be quite special.

Im onboard with this one, which is why I see him as a righty Sam Perkins.

http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/post/1 ... les-turner
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

cedric76
RealGM

Post#31 » by cedric76 » Sun May 3, 2015 6:21 pm

He could be perfect next to vucevic
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#32 » by MalonesElbows » Sun May 3, 2015 6:36 pm

CableKC wrote:Checking with some of my Pacer forum friends, they'd pass on Turner at 11 cuz they have concerns about his work ethic.

I'm fascinated by his athleticism ( which is way better than either West and Hibbert or anyone else in the Pacers Frontcourt ), shotblocking and a capable stretch 5 with the ability to score outside of the paint.

Can someone give me some Pros/Cons about him?

Great mid range touch, unguardable at his size. Great foul shooter for a center. 3 point range is a question mark, wouldn't draft him if this was the only thing you like about him. A good shot blocker because of timing more than length. Struggled against tougher competition, a possible red flag and why he is mocked below WCS and Kaminsky.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,757

Post#33 » by HotelVitale » Wed May 6, 2015 6:56 pm

MalonesElbows wrote: Great mid range touch, unguardable at his size. Great foul shooter for a center. 3 point range is a question mark, wouldn't draft him if this was the only thing you like about him. A good shot blocker because of timing more than length. Struggled against tougher competition, a possible red flag and why he is mocked below WCS and Kaminsky.

That's not a bad start but I think it's overrating him right now. He has good touch for a big, but he's not like a great or special shooter. He doesn't really have a defined game--tries to post up sometimes, floats to the perimeter sometimes, etc--and he doesn't impose his will much. He's a nice rebounder but he'll be giving up strength to lots of NBA 4s and pretty much all 5s. His shot blocking is good but very streaky, he basically destroyed lower-level teams and was just decent or worse against better ones. His demeanor is hard to read too: he plays pretty hard but seems a little confused and distant. Could just be that he was 18 and didn't have a clear role on a weird Texas team, but some worry it's a larger issue (I don't personally).

The intriguing thing about him is the rare mix of skills: he's large and long, his shot is already reasonably reliable, he could block 2+ shots per game, and he can run the floor. People who are projecting his ultimate upside might see J Noah with a great 12-30 ft shot (but without the passing). Others just see a guy who can be an okay shooter and shotblocker that doesn't have strength or skill enough to crack a NBA rotation.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#34 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed May 6, 2015 8:01 pm

He is a long PF/C with a jumpshot. His defense is good and could be an above average defender in the NBA. He is not a hard nose post player like Charles Oakley, and not a back to the basket post player, but more of a skilled post player like LMA, Bosh, Rasheed.

Turner is like a poor man's Anthony Davis, or Rasheed Wallace, an athletic long PF/C, who is a two way player who can run the floor.

His ceiling could be a valuable #2 on a good team who makes a few all star appearances. 20/10 and 2blocks (Rasheed)

His middle could be a solid starter or 5th option on any team. 15/8 and 1.8blocks (Gortat)

His floor is bust, because of his age and his inconsistant play as a freshmen. 15/10 and 3blocks in China (Tyrus Thomas)
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#35 » by No-Man » Wed May 6, 2015 8:26 pm

Turner cant play PF, his mobility is awful, he is clearly a C, like someone said before, he is LaFrentz
cedric76
RealGM

Post#36 » by cedric76 » Thu May 7, 2015 8:56 am

Chad Ford is saying that he now runs like a normal player and his legs+hips r not a concern

That put him in the top 6 if it s true
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,757

Post#37 » by HotelVitale » Thu May 7, 2015 1:59 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote: His ceiling could be a valuable #2 on a good team who makes a few all star appearances. 20/10 and 2blocks (Rasheed)
His middle could be a solid starter or 5th option on any team. 15/8 and 1.8blocks (Gortat

Not sure about those comparisons, seems like you're setting the bar too high. Scoring was always easy for Sheed, he had nice post moves and a great turnaround and he was great on putbacks. He was a great overall talent. Even with that, his best season ever was 19/8 with <2 blocks.

15/8 as an above average starter isn't anyone's middle unless they're a great prospect. Those are Marc Gasol and Al Horford numbers; Gortat is a better player than Turner figures to be and he's a 12/9 player now (only come close to 15 ppg once). It took D Favors--a better prospect than Turner--5-6 seasons to get to those numbers.

To me, Turner's middle is a back-up who can do some things well but isn't good enough to start on a decent team. Someone at the level of M Speights or JJ Hickson (though I'm not comparing them as layers). Obviously anyone that drafts him won't be thrilled with that outcome, but few guys who gets drafted outside the top 3 can realistically expect to be an above average starter. Just the way the draft works.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#38 » by skones » Thu May 7, 2015 5:31 pm

Agree with the Hibbert comparison. Threw that out on the Bucks board a few months back. For what he lacks in Hibbert's size, he'll make up for in mobility. You'd also be hardpressed to find a guy with as little mental fortitude as Hibbert which I think bodes well for Turner's projections. The Aldridge comparison is god awful. LaFrentz pre injury isn't bad at all as he was quite a good defender. If Milwaukee trades into the top 12 or so with a combination of their current pick and Henson, he'd be the guy that's my target.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#39 » by Ruzious » Thu May 7, 2015 6:58 pm

I don't know about the Hibbert comp. Turner's got a lot of different ways to score - inside and out. Unless he's changed, Hibbs is strictly a low post scorer with a lot more power and much more of a presence on defense. Turner's a nice shot-blocker, but there's more to defense.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,339

Re: 

Post#40 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 7, 2015 7:12 pm

cedric76 wrote:Chad Ford is saying that he now runs like a normal player and his legs+hips r not a concern

That put him in the top 6 if it s true

When did Chad Ford say that? In a chat? Here is what is listed in his draft profile:

Positives

Long, athletic big man
Good shooter with three point range
Good speed for a player his size
Soft hands around the basket
Good short to mid-range game
Good passer out of double-teams
High basketball IQ and feel for the game
Excellent shot blocker

Negatives

Needs to add strength and toughness
Not an elite rebounder yet