Draft Chat 2015 

Post#1 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Okay boys, days almost here.

My predictions

If Available

1.) DT
2.) OL
3.) CB

That's my prediction if players that Lions value highly slide and are available at #23, HOWEVER if not, i do think the lions Trade down with a team maybe Dallas for additional picks. and its my preference. RB's and where they are drafted are going to determine the value of our pick. I think Gurley goes top 10 and shocks the world.
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Re: Draft Chat 2015 

Post#2 » by Hotmayo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:09 am

If they fukn draft a rb ill .... :/

Lael collins is dropping they beyyer fukn grab him

Bennet in 2nd round dt out of ohio state

3rd round DB

100% legit draft

5th round draft frank clark DE from u of m
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#3 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:08 am

Hotmayo wrote:If they fukn draft a rb ill .... :/

If Gurely is still there, don't be surprised. And quite honestly, i wouldn't be too upset. Kids got ton of upside.

Lael collins is dropping they beyyer fukn grab him

No thx, him and Shane Ray i think put themselves out of the equation. Per Mayhew, "Character issues" have a lot more weight since T Young. Only guy i'd make a exception for is Marcus Peters. From his interviews and reports, he really seems to have matured.

Bennet in 2nd round dt out of ohio state

If we go OL in the 1st i would love Bennet in the 2nd

3rd round DB

PJ Williams, seems to be a great fit here. Can play CB and safety

100% legit draft

5th round draft frank clark DE from u of m

I'd expect the later rounds we go RB at some point and address safety needs. Undrafted FA's have seem to be just as valuable in years past. Be interesting to see who we go after
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#4 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 1, 2015 1:27 am

f* ME

Shelton and Waynes off the board
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#5 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 1, 2015 2:43 am

I LIKE THE TRADE, we get a OL, may still get Malcom Brown and pick up 2 5th rounders
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#6 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 1, 2015 2:55 am

Dallas should go RB, hopefully that means Brown is available, and we go after him. Collins (S) is still available and Gregory
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#7 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 1, 2015 3:18 am

WE now have our line of the future

Reif, ramirez,tomlinson,warford,lucas,waddle, swanson
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#8 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun May 10, 2015 7:17 am

L. Tomlinson

Great pick. As much as i would love Malcom Brown here especially with Ramirez back on the team, he wasn't goign to be the answer. His ceiling is very limited, he's mostly a run stuffer and there were still a ton of DT's on the board. We have needed to commit to protecting matt and the run game and this was a good start.

Ameer Abdulla.

Honestly i wanted a DT or CB with this pick, but was expecting a RB as it was a need. When we picked Ameer, i recalled he was a great RB , however when i went back and watched tape, WOW. If this kid was 3 inches taller, he probably be close to the next Adrian Peterson. He "feels" the game, has a presence. I haven't seen a back be surrounded like that and make plays out of nothing. If he can stay healthy , he's going to take so much pressure off Stafford and bell. He's going to need to work on pass protection, but he provides another weapon. Add this with the acquisition of Ramierez and Lake, our RB became instantly better with 2 picks

Sample

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEx16jzmDDI[/youtube]

A. Carter

Honestly was gunning for PJ williams, but he got picked early. I sensed a trade coming, when the DB's started flying off the board. i was honestly expecting DT at this pick , however we got Carter. Don't really know much, but from what i've read he's another Darius Slay type that just needs molding. He's only 20, and can play as a safety if need be. At worst , we found a replacement for Digs, at best we found Slay's new partner in crime

Gabe Wright
Lions said they traded up because they had a 3rd round grade on him. Idk if he's the answer to our DT problems, we don't know what we have in walker and a 4th round pick as a backup plan isn't exactly reassuring. From what i have read, he has a good motor and is more fun guy than dirt bag. He's got a explosive first step and can get into the back field. We'll see, i have read some articles that think we got value in the pick. Time will tell

Burton

The highest graded Full Back in the draft class. I like the pick with the idea that we are committed to the run. Some pundits indicated that there was no need to waste a pick on a FB , however i believe another FB was taken 10 or so picks before Burton. If he makes the team and grows with our young RB, great value in the 5th.

Quandre Diggs
i must admit , i am part of the hype train. Lots of ppl talking about how underrated he is and has a feel for the game. I do put value in being a 4 year starter at texas. And held some pretty legit receivers to limited production in college. I say he's starting nickel, and in the 6th round. He's projects to be a steal

Robinson
Rather have drafted Collins. Robinson is another big guy that needs development. With waddle and Lucas on the team, Don't see much value here. Read articles about how a lot coaches like him. Read a ton of articles of how Collins is a top 10 pick. Robinson barely makes the team

Undrafted

Lions gave Isiah Johnson(S) $10,000. Don't know much about him, but he's effectively the new Couplin III(who i still miss). Keep a eye our for Zach Zenner. Kids got the feel for the game and oddly enough reminds me of Bell. I think he beats out Wynn for last RB slot. depends on special teams contributions.

One thing that is very clear is that we went out and drafted young professionaals. All the guys drafted are mature and guys that seem like they are ready to start a JOB rather than play in the nfl. One article stated, Caldwell wanted to draft guys that the coaches loved and wanted to coach. Really like what Caldwell is building.

Return to Detroit Lions