Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Cammo's 2015 NFL Draft Grades 

Post#1 » by Cammo101 » Sun May 3, 2015 10:22 pm

Arizona Cardinals: C

Best Pick: David Johnson (3rd)
Worst Pick: DJ Humphries (1st)

Solid, but unspectacular draft that filled most big needs. Not a fan of Humphries as a 1st round talent.

Atlanta Falcons: A-

Best Pick: Grady Jarrett (5th)
Worst Pick: Jake Rodgers (7th)

Very strong draft from a value and team need standpoint. Dan Quinn passes his first test with flying colors.

Baltimore Ravens: B

Best Pick: Za'Darius Smith (4th)
Worst Move: Not improving secondary

Another year, another strong draft for the Ravens. Flacco gets some much needed weapons and the defense gets some upgrades up front. Would have been a A if they had helped their shaky secondary.

Buffalo Bills: C-

Best Pick: Nick O'Leary (6th)
Worst Pick: John Miller (3rd)

Buffalo is quickly becoming FSU North. They took a lot of highly athletic boom/bust guys here that could blow up in their face.

Carolina Panthers: B-

Best Pick: Shaq Thompson (1st)
Worst Move: Not taking a pass rusher or a corner

Most of the world is crushing Carolina for taking Thompson in the first, but I love the pick. The bigger issue here is that they seemed topay little attention to team need with their picks.

Chicago Bears: B

Best Pick: Eddie Goldman (2nd)
Worst Move: Not grabbing one of the development QBs

Strong draft for the Bears who managed to maximize every pick while also filling a lot of needs.

Cincinnati Bengals: A-

Best Pick: Marcus Hardison (4th)
Worst Pick: CJ Uzomah (5th)

Really good use of all their picks. Guys like Hardison and Smith will contribute. Love the book end tackles in the first two rounds as insurance over both their starters in the final year of their deals.

Cleveland Browns: C

Best Pick: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (7th)
Worst Move: Duke Johnson (3rd)

This may have been a D if not for the steal of Ekpre-Olomu in the 7th. Cleveland had a ton of needs and didn't do enough to fill them. Who is going to play WR for them next year?

Dallas Cowboys: C

Best Pick: Randy Gregory (2nd)
Worst Pick: Damien Wilson (4th)

Love the first two picks of Jones and Gregory, top players on the board and filled a need. Pretty much dislike every pick after that. Also, how does Dallas not exit this draft with a RB?

Denver Broncos: C

Best Pick: Shane Ray (1st)
Worst Move: Giving up way too much to move up for Ray

Solid draft that filled some needs, but could have been much better.

Detroit Lions: B-

Best Pick: Corey Robinson (7th)
Worst Pick: Laken Tomlinson (1st)

Strong draft for Detroit who both maximized their picks and filled a lot of needs. They overdrafted Tomlinson, but he is the best guard in this draft.

Green Bay: C

Best Pick: Brett Hundley (5th)
Worst Pick: Ty Montgomery (3rd)

Green Bay sured up their secondary and grabbed a nice Rodgers backup in Hundley, that was the good news. The bad news is they igonored big needs at ILB and DT and took Ty Montomery ahead of probably 6 or 7 better WRs.

Houston Texans: B-

Best Pick: Jaelen Strong (3rd)
Worst Pick: Keith Mumphery (5th)

Love the picks in the first 3 rounds, and some nice grabs late as well in Cliett, Covington, and Hilliard.

Indianapolis Colts: B

Best Pick: D'Joun smith (3rd)
Worst Pick: Phillip Dorsett (1st)

I was ready to throw Indy under the bus after that Doresett pick, but they rebounded nicely to have a strong draft. Dorsett is a good player, even if the fit made no sense and better WRs were on the board, but pretty much every pick after the first round made up for it.

Jacksonville Jaguars: A

Best Pick: Rashad Greene (5th)
Worst Pick: Neal Sterling (7th)

I pretty much love everything about this draft. I could see 6 players from this draft starting in Jacksonville within the next 2 years.

Kansas City Chiefs: C

Best Pick: Steven Nelson (3rd)
Worst Pick: Chris Conley (3rd)

Thoroughly average draft that likely hinges on whether Marcus Peters can overcome his pile of red flags to become a Pro Bowl level corner. The talent is there.

Miami Dolphins: A

Best Pick: DeVante Parker (1st)
Worst Pick: Cedric Thompson (5th)

Great, great draft for Miami. Parker is a #1 WR an Lippett is amazing value in the 5th. Tannehill is going to love those 2 guys. Phillips, Ajayi, Douglas, and McCain were all excellent value picks as well.

Minnesota Vikings: A-

Best Pick: TJ Clemmings (4th)
Worst Pick: BJ Dubose (6th)

Really nice draft for the Vikings. Added a lot of talent and filled a lot of holes.

New England Patriots: B

Best Pick: Malcom Brown (1st)
Worst Pick: Geneo Grissom (3rd)

Really good haul for th Super Bowl champs. Couyld have been an A if not for the huge reach on Grissom.

New Orleans Saints: D

Best Pick: PJ Williams (3rd)
Worst Pick: Hau'oli Kikaha (2nd)

This was supposed to be the draft where New Orleans started to rebuild their rost. Not a good start. You have to do better than Peat (reach), Anthony (huge reach), and Kikaha (some teams didn't have him on their boards he is such a reach) with 2 firsts and a second. The addition of a couple solid players late saves this from being an F.

New York Giants: B-

Best Pick: Landon Collins (2nd)
Worst Pick: Mykkele Thompson (5th)

Flowers, Collins, and Odighizuwa is a nice haul in the first 3 rounds. The rest of the picks could have been much better.

New York Jets: A

Best Pick: Leonard Williams (1st)
Worst Pick: Deon Simon (7th)

Got my #1 player in the drat at #6, got their potential QB of the future in Petty in the 4th round, got Zac Stacey for next to nothing, and got a field stretching burner in Smith who will fit perfectly with Decker and Marshall. Great draft.

Oakland Raiders: A-

Best Pick: Ben Heeney (5th)
Worst Move: Could have helped their defensive line more

5 of their 10 picks from Florida, FSU, or Miami. Don't see that every day. Cooper and Walford should help Carr take the next step and Edwards Jr., Heeney, and McDonald should jump in right away to help the defense.

Philadelphia Eagles: B

Best Pick: Eric Rowe (2nd)
Worst Move: Passed on Brett Hundley 3 times

Had maybe the worst draft of any team last year, this year is much improved. Agholor will step in and replace their big play WRs who left, and Rowe, Shepherd, and Evans should come in right away and improve a really poor secondary. Chip Kelly managed to be pretty sane this week.

Pittsburgh Steelers: A-

Best Pick: Alvin Dupree (1st)
Worst Move: Not taking a safety until the 7th round

Really nice draft for a team who badly needed one. Pittsburgh's defense badly needs a youth infusion, and this draft could be that.

San Diego Chargers: C

Best Pick: Denzel Perryman (2nd)
Worst Move: Not taking a single offensive lineman

Pretty pedestrian draft for the Chargers. Gordon and Perryman will step right in and start, but they didn't do much else to improve the team.

San Francisco 49ers: D-

Best Pick: Eli Harold (3rd)
Worst Pick: Take your pick (Armstead, Tartt, Davis, Pinion)

San Fransisco had a lot of picks, and they wasted most of them. Armstead is a reach, Tartt was a reach, Bell was a reach, Davis is like the 20th RB they have taken in the past 3 years, and then they took a punter in the 5th round. Harold and Smelter were solid picks, and Davis can play, but you would have to try pretty hard to have a worse draft than this.

Seattle Seahawks: C

Best Pick: Tyler Lockett (3rd)
Worst Move: Not taking a single DT

Solid, but unspectacular draft on paper. But, Seattle has made a living lately turning that kind of draft into a roster of studs.

St. Louis Rams: C-

Best Pick: Bryce Hager (7th)
Worst Pick: Robert Havenstein (2nd)

How many OTs does Jeff Fisher think he can start at once? Gurley is a stud, but the fit here is strange and 10 is too high for a RB. Fisher is going to a power running game, and he's willing to draft as many tackels as he has to to make that work it appears.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: B-

Best Pick: Kwon Alexander (4th)
Worst Pick: Kaelin Clay (6th)

Typical Bucs mixed bag here. Jameis was a no brainer, Smith and Marpet will help fix a badly broken offensive line, but neither guy was the best option on the board at his position. Alexander and Bell are really solid picks that will fill a need.

Tennessee Titans: C-

Best Pick: Tre McBride (7th)
Worst Move: Angelo Blackson (4th)

Tennessee had some serious holes to fill, but instead got sucked into taking Mariota and drafting a bunch of players to help him succeed. Except Tennessee already has a good young QB and those picks would have been better used plugging other holes. Green-Beckham and McBride should help Mariota's transition.

Washington Racial Slurs: C+

Best Pick: Arie Kouandjio (4th)
Worst Move: Not improving a putrid secondary

Grabbed some solid players, but left a lot of potential holes unfilled. Their secondary will be a mess next year.
Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Cammo's 2015 NFL Draft Grades 

Post#2 » by Twolf16 » Mon May 4, 2015 12:55 am

Great analysis! I can't disagree on much. Also "Washington Racial Slurs" is exactly what the team name is! Nice work overall

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
aàaSzccevtdvpp
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Re: Cammo's 2015 NFL Draft Grades 

Post#3 » by Yunsen » Tue May 5, 2015 8:27 am

I've seen the Seahawks grade all over the place. At first I was against trading so much to get Lockett, but then started to get behind it since he gives us good speed in the slot and he'll fix our terrible ST returning. I thought Mebane was going to get cut so I'm not quite as upset of us not drafting a DT. Hopefully Jordan Hill can keep up the absurd run he was on late last year.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,435

Post#4 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 6, 2015 3:14 am

DerekRD wrote:I've seen the Seahawks grade all over the place. At first I was against trading so much to get Lockett, but then started to get behind it since he gives us good speed in the slot and he'll fix our terrible ST returning. I thought Mebane was going to get cut so I'm not quite as upset of us not drafting a DT. Hopefully Jordan Hill can keep up the absurd run he was on late last year.

You would think analysts would learn by now & just automatically give the Hawks an A grade each year.

Love the Lockett pick! Dude's going to make an immediate impact. I see him being Russ' go to target eventually. The jury is still out on the Clark pick. Best case scenario is, he fills the void left by Bennett/Avril when one or both of them start to decline. The lineman will fill obvious needs.

A thunder fan? You must not be from Seattle! :roll:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#5 » by Yunsen » Wed May 6, 2015 6:01 am

I'm from Washington State I just have trouble with change (Aspergers). I don't follow them as closely since they moved though.

Hearing the details of Clark's domestic violence case is making me really hate the pick. He doesn't look all that outstanding seeing footage of him and Avril and Bennett are still pretty young.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 6, 2015 7:22 am

Yeah, most people are lukewarm on the pick. At this point I trust John and Pete enough to warrant it. Can never have enough pass rushers. Hell, I would gladly take 53 Aaron Hernandez's, if it meant we would win the next 3 Super Bowls.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#7 » by El Turco » Wed May 6, 2015 5:10 pm

that's despicable
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 6, 2015 5:17 pm

El Turco wrote:that's despicable

Hey, just as the great AL Davis would say, "Just win Baby". :)

Return to NFL Draft