Around the NFL

Moderator: HMFFL

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Around the NFL 

Post#1 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Weird story developing in San Diego.. Rivers does not want to play in LA. Which is a 45 minute drive from San Diego.

For Warrior fans.. Mark Jackson lives and presches in LA. Coincidence? I tend to think not. :srsface:
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Around the NFL 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:48 am

FNQ wrote:Weird story developing in San Diego.. Rivers does not want to play in LA. Which is a 45 minute drive from San Diego.

For Warrior fans.. Mark Jackson lives and presches in LA. Coincidence? I tend to think not. :srsface:

somewhat off the wall topic to start off a general NFL news thread, but hell, if Rivers want to leave the chargers, be my guest. I dont care where that redneck wishes to play as long as it ain't with us or against us.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:30 pm

What's off the wall about it? I did think about making a topic specifically for it, but thought it wouldn't be too interesting. We'd all just trash the Chargers. Because they suck. :D

Could affect the Raiders in a lot of ways. The big rumor right now is the Titans trading their #2 pick to the Chargers for Rivers and the 16, or their 2nd round pick, so they can grab Mariota. Would love every bit of that - Mariota will struggle there under their current coaches, and that would ensure that Big Cat Williams drops into our laps at 4.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#4 » by Neddy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:15 am

FNQ wrote:What's off the wall about it? I did think about making a topic specifically for it, but thought it wouldn't be too interesting. We'd all just trash the Chargers. Because they suck. :D

Could affect the Raiders in a lot of ways. The big rumor right now is the Titans trading their #2 pick to the Chargers for Rivers and the 16, or their 2nd round pick, so they can grab Mariota. Would love every bit of that - Mariota will struggle there under their current coaches, and that would ensure that Big Cat Williams drops into our laps at 4.

im all for grabbing the big cat, but LMAO at the chargers for drafting brand names over their actual scheme. I can't imagine Mariota being even 75% close to what they have in Rivers... for their scheme.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#5 » by Quake Griffin » Tue May 5, 2015 10:06 pm

Interested in where La'el Collins is going to land.

looks like he has talked to Rex Ryan and the Dolphins.
Reggie should at least try and see if there's any potential for him to come to Oakland.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by FNQ » Tue May 5, 2015 10:32 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Interested in where La'el Collins is going to land.

looks like he has talked to Rex Ryan and the Dolphins.
Reggie should at least try and see if there's any potential for him to come to Oakland.

I read somewhere that teams weren't allowed to contact him until the 9th.. so how did Rex Ryan take him to dinner? :dontknow:

Apparently them, Fins, and Bucs have inside track right now. He seems like an East Coast guy unfortunately. Would love for him to slide into our RG spot though
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by FNQ » Thu May 7, 2015 7:59 pm

La'el Collins signs with Dallas.. I get it. He all he has to do is not screw up terribly, and people will consider him part of a great offensive line and pay him accordingly. Still, I feel like Carolina would have been his best bet to actually prove himself as a player, and set up himself to play for a team long-term. I really doubt he sticks past 2 years in Dallas, who will likely use him as a trade chip eventually, if not completely letting him walk after 3 years.

Also, Kam Wimbey retired today, only 31 years old. Was a solid Raider, even though we overpaid to get him (3rd rd pick) and then to keep him (11.3m franchise tag)
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#8 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 8, 2015 12:20 pm

Where does Collins fit on Dallas's line?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by FNQ » Fri May 8, 2015 3:10 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Where does Collins fit on Dallas's line?

Everyone is saying LG, but it could wind up being RT because Free had offseason foot surgery
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 21, 2015 1:20 am

The more Muhammad Wilkerson holds out, the more I think he's worth taking a run at.
But I know Reggie wont give up a pick for him and I'm going to watch him go somewhere and make someone's defense really good.

Say what you want.
A huge portion of our fan base is impatient with Reggie.
Reggie…Wilkerson = wins now that'll quiet ALL of that.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by FNQ » Thu May 21, 2015 6:09 pm

What do the Jets want for him? And I don't know that he'd have success as a 4-3 DE.. he seems to be more of a DT in the 4-3. He definitely can play end, but limiting him to be a one-gapper isnt maxxing what he can be.

All that said, I'd offer a 2nd in 2016 with a '17 4th round kicker for X amount of sacks, call it 10. The Jets wanted multiple 1sts (ha!) but a projected high 2nd would be pretty good as well. It would allow Tuck to be a situational pass rusher, and would get Jelly off the field for passing downs.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by FNQ » Thu May 21, 2015 11:33 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:Antonio Smith is gone and it's all over with. 3 damn sacks (4 according to FNQ) and is going to turn 34. That's why a young DT is needed from this 2015 NFL Draft and my choice is Marcus Hardison from Arizona St. who could be available in the 4th Round, but like FNQ said, "we are set at DT." :roll:

Quoted this from the old thread, because as of today, news has broke as to why we didnt keep our best interior pass rusher:

rotoworld wrote:Broncos DE Antonio Smith is under investigation for alleged child abuse.

No charges have been filed as of now. "Our Sheriff's Office has received some information, they're working with our office to try and find out as much information as we can about the allegation," said John Healey Jr, DA of Fort Bend County. "At this particular point anything in reference to Mr. Smith is just that -- an allegation." Smith signed a one-year, $2M deal with the Broncos in April to serve as a situational pass rusher.

rotoworld wrote:The complaint filed against Broncos DE Antonio Smith in November is "sexual in nature."

NBC Denver reported Thursday morning that Smith is being investigated for child abuse. The Fort Bend (Texas) County Sheriff's department conducted an investigation before passing its findings onto the DA's office in February. It's unclear if the DA plans to press charges. The Broncos say they are "aware" of the situation.

One thing is clear: Reggie's Raiders won't have the rap sheet that the old Raiders did.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#13 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 21, 2015 11:36 pm

was coming to post that just now.

did not see the "sexual in nature" part where I was looking.
yikes.

glad he is gone and I feel for his children or the step children…whomever they are.

On Wilkerson:
I was watching ESPN yesterday and they made it sound like the Jets wanted a 1st for him. Nothnx. I wouldn't give more than a 3rd for him.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Evan Mathis has been released.

I shall say nothing more than the above fact and this sentence stating that i shall say nothing more.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#15 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:46 pm

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:14 pm

I think we're there via lazy dot connecting: he wants money, we have money. Reggie hasnt signed any vets, and why would he want to move Gabe to the right for a one year gapper? Unless Mathis agrees to play RG (not happening) he's not coming here. I expect him to sign with a SB contender for pennies
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#17 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:37 pm

you think he'll stick Chip Kelly up for more money and then go sign somewhere for cheap?

it's definitely within the realm of possibility. I just thought he'd like to be cashed out.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by FNQ » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:48 am

Quake Griffin wrote:you think he'll stick Chip Kelly up for more money and then go sign somewhere for cheap?

it's definitely within the realm of possibility. I just thought he'd like to be cashed out.

I think it may have been one of those 'if you want me to stay HERE, pay me." type cases. We'll see. Just not many teams out there with the coin/need for Mathis at this point. So if it was all just for money, Chip put the screws to him. You know Reggie's not going to pay him mondo bucks.. as good as he is, Reggie seems like the type who would bring him in cheap and hand him a starting gig if he earned it, and he can do that anywhere.

One good way to gauge his value: does he get claimed off waivers? If not, he's likely not to get half as much as he was getting Philly.. so if we really want him, why not just claim him?
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#19 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 4, 2015 7:49 pm

This team needs to sign Tony McDaniel and play him as a 3 technique

PFF grade was poor last year but apparently he was out of position.

Sorry Stacy….I want to win football games and make the playoffs. This needs to happen.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by FNQ » Tue Aug 4, 2015 8:49 pm

Agreed. Unfortunately I doubt he wants to come here amidst a rebuild, considering his age. Would be nice though to have someone to mentor Big Dan and Jelly, and I'd certainly forgo the now distant potential of Stacy McGee to make it happen.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders